August 20, 2014 | 1996 users online

Cleansers - MD Formulations - Facial Cleanser for Oily and Problem Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am almost shocked about the negative reviews.

Since this cleanser can have a drying effect on the skin it's not a cleanser for sensitve and dry skintypes.I have an oily skin that's prone to breakouts and it works very well for me. It takes care of excessive oilyness, treats blemishes and improves the skintone. It is pricey but on the other hand you get quite a lot of product which means that it lasts a long time. The packaging is solid, no nonsense and good enough but if it came with a pump it would be even better.

Will I buy this product again?
Absolutely.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

SHITE!!! I'm so angry with the manufacturers of this product. It actually made my skin MORE OILY (if that's possible). What a total disappointment. I was expecting big things from this, I was severely let down. DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY ON THIS, YOU MAY AS WELL STICK IT IN A SHREDDER :@
Oh and the smell is vile.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by theah92

My skin therapist recommended this to me, but I found it to be way too drying. I have combination skin that tends to get a little oily in the T-zone, but if I keep my skin nice and hydrated, it doesn't really bother me. This cleanser just dried me out completely after just a couple of uses, and my skin felt very uncomfortable and thight afterwards. It also broke me out, but I guess that is normal when switching between different cleansers.

I am not satisfied at all with this product, and will continue my search for the perfect cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by QuilleyReturns

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser as a masque because I have sensitive skin. I know they make a sensitive skin version, but this was given to me as a gift form a friend, so I use what I have. I do follow the instructions to the letter and that is to apply, mix with water, massage, rinse. This cleans off debris, dead skin cells, makeup, cleans out pores. My skin is sensitive/mature/dry/acne-prone altogether. I guess the reason I like this product is that it seems to work with all of these issues, but does not dry out my skin or make is sensitive. For this reason i masque with it and not just use it everyday. Once a week suits my skin very well and is a nice alternative to my Clarisonic. $24.00 - $32.00 a bottle is steep, however with once-a-week use, I cam get 52 applications out of this easily and purchase it a lot less often.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great deep cleanser if you have problem to oily skin. I love it and so do my clients. Perfect for removing heavy makeup or to get a deep cleaning in the summer time. Not so great for removing eye makeup, can burn the eyes. I really felt my skin getting clean as I was using it, removed all my makeup. You really only need a quarter size amount for your whole face. I husband loved it also.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jennmiles04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser is very harsh at first....you will break out...but like another reviewer after a couple weeks( iknow too long) my face was clear!!! It was not oily anymore!!...the downside, severly dry...it does dry your skin out badly and you must use a moiusturizer...in my case which breaks me out!!! So i couldnt win with this one, had nice skin for a bit though!......a few months later i tried again and have had the same huge cystic breakouts that dont come to a head.....terrible....taking a month or so for my face to clear up, unbearable!!!!!!! this product should be banned!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by gemscopas

I was recommended this product by my beautician for acne. However I used it two weeks before my bf's wedding and I broke out so bad, that like other girls on here, the spots were huge and painful, never came to a head, so werent extractable, they were like massive welts really and I cried on her wedding morning at the site of my skin and how the make up artist couldnt even conceal the spots. DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT BEFORE A BIG EVENT! I am now on my third week and I think my skin is clearing up, but I dont believe in products that make your skin worse before it gets better...it seems an odd way for it to work. Its $80 for the cleanser, so its not worth the price. Ill be back on here with another review after the product is finished. x

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lhoney

i've been using this facial cleanser for problem prone skin for almost a year, or maybe just over. i get it because i can get a discount with it. When i first started using it i noticed less breakouts and it didn't dry out my skin, and it still doesn't. As i've gotten used to it i've become less 'wowed' by it. I think it stops my skin from breaking out, but that's about it. It doesn't improve it too much but doesn't make it worse. I will buy again due to the reduced price, but only until i find something better! Nice packaging, comes out easily and lasts ages!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by clamscasino

I picked this up by accident, thinking it was the Facial Cleanser for normal skin. This was one of the worst products I've ever used on my face. It dried my skin immediately and caused a series of breakouts that were unlike anything I'd ever experienced - hard, red, cystic bumps that took months to clear up. Never again !

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Blackgoddess

I have acne prone skin and I tried so many cleansers up to date. This is the worst cleanser I have ever used! It stinks! It dried my skin and broke me out too bad!!! I used this cleanser almost 3 months and those days were a disaster for me! It broke me out so much that I couldn't hide my breakouts even by using compact foundations... I stopped using it and half of the bottle remained in order to make me remember that nightmare..I would never buy it again!