July 31, 2014 | 1634 users online

Self Tanners - St.Tropez - Tinted Self Tanning Mousse/Whipped Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was afraid of bronzing products for years after a bad experience as a teenager (i basically turned orange), so I was not really tempted by the idea of self tanning.
Until I heard people raving on and on about St. Tropez and decided to give it a shot.

I am very pleased with the result.
I applied it in the evening using the St. Tropez mitt, after bathing and exfoliating. It went on smoothly and I found the guide color very helpful - as you could see immediately which ares you covered and which not, so you don't end up with patches. The smell is relatively pleasant and not too strong, opposite to what I was expecting. It feels a little sticky at first, but then it dries completely and you can get dressed within a couple of minutes. I went to bed worried I would stain my brand new white sheets but NOTHING happened. The colour didn't transfer at all.

In the morning, I looked VERY tanned. Scrary actually. But I jumped in the shower according to the instructions and when the guide colour washed off, I was left with the most beautiful, natural tan.

In the next few days, it faded out gradually and didn't go patchy at all.

Overall I am very satisfied, but I just wished it would have been a tad darker (maybe I will try the Dark version next).

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, one of the best products that was ever created. Ever. For us naturally light girls, if you've ever wished you were olive or tan but weren't going to risk laying out in the sun or the harmful effects of UV rays, you need this. You need this fully stocked in your bathroom, you need a travel sized one, you need this at all times.

I was blessed to have the internet to find awesome products like this so I didn't go through a huge trial and error with self tanners when I came of age. Just stumbled upon it. Easy to apply, doesn't stink TOO much, creates the most natural, buildable tan. Lasts a few days.

Usually I just use this while on vacation but in the past, I was doing it on a biweekly basis, just got lazy after awhile. Looks great in photos too.

HG self tanner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

This is the best product. You can see exactly where you put it and it looks so natural. I don't get any sun at all and I put this on my very fair skin and it looked so natural. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by kpage16

Great product, never orange or streaky and smells great. However, I stumbled upon St. Moritz foam which is such a great dupe for ST, and the dark color is even better on me than ST is! And for $4 a bottle... I don't think I'll be buying ST again. Too pricey to keep the tan going all summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lextaylor7

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

This is the first tanning mousse I have used but I was not too impressed. It went on good with the mitt and tanned evenly. I liked the golden color but this faded in irregular patches. It looked like I had a skin disorder on my arms. And yes I shaved, exfoliated, and moisturized. It just wears off crazy. I'm returning it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by trancelucent

I've used a LOT of self tanning lotions in the search for my HG product- and after hearing nothing but good things about St. Tropez I decided to take a leap of faith and splurge on the mousse and a mitt.

I am so disappointed.

Now, I LOVE the color that it gives. The color is amazing! It's dark just how I like it, buildable, and deposits instantly and continues to build over the next couple of hours. It has a green base so you don't have to worry about being brassy or oompa loompa-y. It looks totally natural! The mitt helps distribute the color evenly as well so you don't have to worry about streaks. Just make sure to apply regular lotion to your feet, knees, and elbows before application because the color really soaks in there!

However, the color doesn't last long at ALL. Half of it comes off the second you step into the shower (even 2 days later) and you watch your tan literally disappear down the drain. I managed to get my hands on a 16.9oz bottle and went through the entire thing in 2 months. I thought it would last at least 6 months!!

It also rubs off like crazy onto your clothes after letting it dry, which is something I've never really had a problem with with any other self tanners. It also rubs off onto my sheets at night which is also an issue I have NEVER had with any self tanner, lotion, or spray tan! My side of the bed is a big tan oval and my boyfriend's is white, it's really gross- and it's completely ruined our sheets.

I've worked in and managed a tanning salon for 4 years and have been using self tanners for far longer, so I'm a pretty advanced tanner. St. Tropez falls SO short of my expectations and is absolutely NOT worth the hefty price tag. $10, sure. $32? No way. You can find much more satisfying products for a fraction of the cost.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 4:17:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

I can't believe i've never reviewed this! So first things first, i really like this stuff!
However, it is not without its flaws!

The texture on this self-tanner makes it super easy to apply. You do have to work
it in really fast though or you will end up a streaky hot mess. Unfortunately, you do
have to spring money for the mitt, because using that leaves you looking tan and flawless.
I love how quickly it dries as well, within 30 minutes i can get dressed and ready to go.
The scent on this is also great, it doesn't give me the headache other self tanners give
me so frequently. And scent used to cover up the DHA smell is rather nice in my opinion.

I use the regular version of this mousse, and in one application it gets me (i am about an nc23-25 naturally) to about an NC30. Not bad, but I usually prefer an NC 40 tan. To get myself to NC40-42 I do have to do biweekly application. Not bad, but it does suck that i have to use more product. Again, the dark version may be better but i have not used it.
The color of tan that the st tropez gives is gorgeous! It is a yellowy/olive tan. It is just
so gorgeous and natural looking! It usually fades evenly as well

Now onto the biggest con, this stuff is pretty expensive. The 8oz bottle is 44ish dollars. Not terrible, but you can find TONS of cheaper alternatives. Overall, if you have the extra money to blow id recommend this. But there are tons of viable options out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by etpapillon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For the price, I definitely don't think this product is the bees knees. The only positive is that you smell slightly less than a wet biscuit, then again the fragrance seems to just be overpowering that fake bake smell. Is this product less treaky than the cheaper ones, the answer is no.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by caithni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought this tanner was ok. But the regular (not Dark) one is very very light. I'm pale-skinned so I have to make sure I don't overdo it but its impossible to with this. It really doesnt give enough colour ... I used to use Clarins Self-Tanning milk for years but its been discontinued.

The smell is inoffensive compared with other self-tanners I have used, but the color quality just isnt that great for me, compared with other much less expensive brands like L'Oreal. I think its ok, but I wouldnt go out of my way to repurchase.