July 22, 2014 | 2125 users online

Lipstick - Paula Dorf - Sheer Tint Lipstick in Calypso

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

What makes this lipstick stand out is the formula: it is super soft, moisturizing, and glides effortlessly. It also has SPF 15. I am more of a natural/minimal make-up type of a person and, in addition to avoiding intense red lipsticks, was a bit apprehensive about buying this particular shade as it looks dark reddish/brownish in the case. Because it is sheer, however, it is very buildable and it ends up looking like MLBB on me, with a hint of red. It is sheer, so when it normally takes me a swipe or two to apply my lipstick, this one requires more than that. It is also not very long-lasting. But the color works for me and the formula is great. The price - not so much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2005 10:41:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this seems to be PD' version of Black Honey! it;s a great shade that I imagine would flatter anyone: sort of red, sort of neutral brownish, sort of pinkish. the texture is what makes this a standout, it's way longer lasting than clinique's almost lipstick, more moisturizing than vincent longo lip stain., it glides on the lips effortlessly with an almost gel-like feel. ithas a lovely glossy finish. an everyday staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2005 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have blond hair and blue eyes, and usually red lipstick look horrible on me! But this one has less of an orangey tint to it and more of a brown, so I can wear it with almost anyting! LUV IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2005 9:40:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG...I have been wearing Philosophy Passion for years but although I will use both..this one is edging it out..

Its a nice classic looking YLBB on me
long lasting for a sheer and not too glossy
Will be a definate staple for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like others here have stated in their reviews Paula Dorf's Calypso is a nice sheer red with just a tinge of brown. I don't like red lipstick that announces itself the minute I walk in the room so this is perfect for me. I feel perfectly fine wearing this color both day and night. Because it is sheer the lasting power is not as good as some but I would rather re-apply than have matte, dry lipstick on. This is another lovely Paula Dorf lipstick shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thanks to the great reviews on this site I gave this a try - I doubt I would have discovered it without. Before PD's Calypso I owned no red lipsticks, none. Reds with coverage would be too intense on me and sheer ones always seemed to be the wrong shade of red. This is perfect for me! Nice consistency, SPF 15, sheer red stain just right. A beautiful reddish brown with surprisingly good staying power for a sheer lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by aslim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally, a red I am not intimidated to wear! Red lipsticks always looked garish on me, but this one is sheer enough that I don't feel uncomfortable wearing it. I use it mostly at night, and it lasts well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Emmy Rossum from Phanton of the Opera wears this, or so she said in INSTYLE magazine. That was enough for me. I love her makeup so I wanted to try this colour. Its so natural. Its a sheer reddish rose tint, really makes your eye colour pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by glamourpuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is it!!! After two years of searching, I have finally found a replacement for my discontinued HG lipstick. Calypso is a beautiful sheer red with just enough brown to keep it from being too bright - it makes my blue eyes look BLUE. Elegantly packaged in a sleek, black case, it feels silky on the lips, gives a sheer, satiny sheen and wears a surprisingly long time for a tint. I even like the way it smells. It reminds me of the cinnamon scent of my old d/c HG, which I loved. Many thanks to the very helpful SA at Sephora who found this for me. I will never be without it.