L'Oreal Colour Riche in Mica

3.9

on 3/26/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Huh. This color completely intrigues me. I don't own any color like this and I own a lot of lipsticks, which says a lot. As with all Color Riche, the formula is on point. So I did some digging and I guess this shade has been around for some time. But my interpretation is that it is thoroughly modern, complex, and urban sophisticated. It's quite daring without being in-your-face bold. It's mauve with a silver shimmer. Goes great with my neutral-warm fair complexion. It's edgy but still fun at the same time! Love it!

on 10/15/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use a lot of lipstick but I wanted to try metallic lip trend again. It reminds me of lipsticks I used in 90's when I started wearing makeup. This color is a silverish taupe shade. Looks more subdued on then you may think .Its a nice shimmer on lips. I was surprised I actually like the shade. Almost a cool toned gold if that makes sense. I like it for the metallic trend a lot. It's not too much. Creamy easy to apply. Not an everyday shade for me though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is my signature lipstick. I have been wearing this color for nearly 10 years. It works perfectly with my milky white skin and my blue eyes. It also seems to go with whatever hair color I have at the moment. Looks very nice if applied and then lightly blotted. Some people have asked if it was my natural lip color.

on 1/4/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

mica is a light plum with a silver shine to it.it shines,last verry long,goes well with olive/neutral skintone.goes well with: plum,black,nude,nude-pink eye shadows!love it!

on 7/2/2011 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I don't know why I haven't reviewed this earlier but I just thought about this lipstick when I answered a poll on one of the boards.

I have been wearing this lipstick since 1988! It is my HG of all lipsticks! I have lots of lipsticks but always go back to this one. I'm very fair skinned with dark hair and this color compliments my skin so much. I can wear it with anything! I even wore it on my wedding day! It's so versatile and beautiful. And it NEVER feathers. It's so moisturizing without making your lips feel like they are suffocating. I hope L'Oreal never stops making this shade because I have never found anything as beautiful as this shade.

on 3/2/2011 1:35:00 PM

This shade is one of my beauty holy grails. Been wearing it since high school. I have many lipstick brands and shades, but L'Oreal Mica is the one shade I ALWAYS keep in my bag and everywhere else. Since I've been wearing this shade for so many years I try to make myself switch to something else, but I always go right back to my trusty Mica!
It's perfect in the winter when your complexion is lighter and goes just as well in the summer with your perfect tan!

on 2/3/2011 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I generally wear lipgloss in some shade of pinkish, redish. When I wear lipstick it is always in a deep wine or red shade. In general I stay far far away from anything resembling frost, pastel, mauve..........my skin is VERY yellow, I have dark brown hair, green eyes, and very dark brown eyebrows (almost black.) I find that I look best in high contrasting colors - black, turquoise, red. Anything peachy, pale, pastel looks absolutely awful. BUT I was getting so tired of the same lip color every day. So I picked this up thinking it would be a total failure, but I HAD to break out of the rut. I change up my eye shadow frequently but the lips are usually constant. I have found that this lipstick paired with a burgundy/sandstone eyeshadow is very flattering! The lipstick itself is smooth and moist and very comfortable to wear. And that really is saying a LOT from someone who despises the feel of lipstick. I always want a sticky wet gloss feel but this is absolutely doable for me. Overall, I have been very impressed with this color and formula in general!!!! (And I hadn't ever heard of it before just picking it up in the store so I wasn't going off someone else's peer pressure - for example the Allure magazine article others were talking about.)

on 1/29/2011 10:56:00 AM

This is definately my HG lipstick! It is extremely flattering on me. I tend to have cool undertones and I am a sucker for grapey browns. Others have said that this lipstick is too frosty for them but for me it just makes it look as if I have applied a light gloss over it. Because of the frost in it, it seems to change colors slightly with whatever outfit I wear and looks amazing no what. I can dress this up or dress it down, either way it is a hit. Even my boyfriend commented on how well it flattered me. The fact that it lasts better than most lipsticks out there is an added bonus. I love the way the lipstick smells and doesn't have that normal stale taste a lot of lipsticks have when you accidentally lick your lips. I hope Loreal NEVER EVER discontinues this color as I would be lost without it.

on 1/1/2011 4:20:00 AM

Mica is a silvered, cool-toned muted plum that I picked up a couple years ago because I didn't have any similar colors. I like the bold, but natural color, the full coverage, and the smooth texture. Mica goes well with cool and plummy eye makeup, and the slightly glowy finish keeps it from looking too "deathly" on the lips. Not the longest lasting lipstick, but no worse than most others, and the price and packaging aren't too shabby.

on 11/26/2010 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shade with sugar plum and organza are my winter lippies! I pair these shades with pink or pinky-peach blush, brown eyeliner and my trapper hat, and i look like a hot ski bunny . would describe this shade as a rich plummy -mauve with a hint of burgundy in there. Compared with organza, this shade is more plummy as organza is more brown and neutral so to speak. I love shade but the packaging looks cheap and smells like "old" perfume. For reference, I'm nc30-35 yellow tone skin.

Popular Lipsticks