Nick Chavez Plump 'n Thick Leave-In Thickening Cream

3.6

on 2/6/2013 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this thicking cream.
sometime I mix with redken thickeing lotion.
make my hair volume sometime too big hair.

on 12/18/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yeah I agree with a lot of the reviews, the shampoo works great, your hair is full and thick, once you put this stuff on, your hair gets flat, really smooth and yes shiny, but the oomph and volume is lost. Really strange, why make a product to do the exact opposite of what its supposed to do? Whatever, I will plan on trying other products from Nick but yeah, this stuff isn't good at all.

Meh. This product didn't do anything for my hair. No frizz control, no texture difference. I love many other Nick Chavez products, but I can live without this conditioner.

on 2/13/2012 9:10:00 AM

This product is great if you want limp, lifeless hair that won't hold curl AT ALL!!

on 10/20/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this product and I LOVE it--This is finally the product I've been looking for and I've found it. I have long wavy brown hair with long layers in it. I love to air-dry my hair but without product my hair is a poofy mess. With this creme, I add a dime size dallop to gently towel-dried hair, comb through, twist into a loose chignon and let dry; later I let my hair down and it is shiny, soft, healthy and tangle free. I have fine long hair and L/I cond. does not weigh it down. Usage has made my hair very soft and healthy. I buy the travel size bottles at Ulta so I can take them with me.

on 1/2/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I adore this. Gives my medium thick hair a little extra volume and gives bounce to my curls. It doesn't have a obnoxious scent and isn't greasy. I only need a little bit too. It hydrates without weighing my hair down. You can buy a small bottle of this at Ulta to try it out without breaking the bank. Will repurchase.

on 12/10/2009 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff works. I have thinning hair, the temporal sides are almost see-through, but after using this stuff, I actually have body and volume. My hair feels and looks fuller and it holds a style a lot better. The only downside is, that the next day my roots are quite oily, so I have to use a dry shampoo in order to skip another wash.
Use only a little, dime size is completely enough, otherwise your hair might look a little grimy.
If you use it for the night, you will wake up to bouncy hair, no doubt.
All in all a really good product, keeps its promise.

on 3/10/2009 11:54:00 PM

One word: AWESOME! I have thick curly hair that is quite delicate. Most products leave it heavy and flatten it out....but not this leave in conditioner. My hair is thicker, fuller, shinier, softer to the touch, and bouncier than it has been for 20 years. I have "happy" curls again!

on 1/9/2009 11:51:00 AM

I got this as part of a TSV set on QVC . The set comes with the matching plumping shampoo, a setting spray, hairspray and gloss spray.

This is a leave-in conditioner. Normally, I do not like leave-in conditioners. I feel they tend to weigh the hair down. But this one works well. You use a DIME-SIZE (no more) for longish hair (mine is shoulder-length or a bit more.) I start at the ends and scrunch it in. Immediately you see some waving and volume. It combs out well.

After blowdrying, my hair is smooth, not so fly-away but not heavily weighted or greasy. I did notice however that the glossing spray did not work as well on the hair after the conditioner AND the hairspray.

Of leave-in conditioners I've tried, this one is the best so far.

on 5/21/2008 12:41:00 AM

I've been using this product for a month and I love it. I condition the ends of my hair with my normal Nioxin conditioner in the shower and I apply a dime-sized amount of this product at the root when I'm done. It helps control fly-aways (although it hasn't eliminated them completely). What I like most is that it gives my fine hair body and fullness. I also love the light strawberry scent. I plan to repurchase, but I expect the bottle to last a long time, since I only use a small amount each day.

If you're shopping in the Twin Cities, I saw this at the QVC store at the Mall of America for about $6 less than I paid at Ulta.

Edit: I've noticed that when I use this product on wet hair without blow drying afterward, it makes my normally straight hair a little bit wavy. I love it!

Popular Styling Products