Almay Whipped Gloss - See Through

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/31/2008 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty good product; at first I wasn't too happy with the brush, but after I got used to it, it went on pretty well. The color is really pretty; really shiny, a sheer nude/pink. Would buy again.

*Edit*
I wouldn't buy this product again. After trying other lipglosses, I realize that this gloss actually isn't great. It has a grainy texture and comes off pretty easily. You can probrably get a better product somewhere else.

on 7/12/2008 4:55:00 PM

I picked up a few of these at Big Lots for $2.99 and I love them! They are not the sticky/shiny tyoe of gloss that gets all gross on your lips, and for the price, I think they're definitely worth it. I like to wear this color over lipstick or alone.

on 2/1/2006 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is just a clear gloss with microsparkles in it. I think a better choice if you are looking for a clear gloss is to get this in Shining Bare. I really like applicator for this lipgloss because it is not a sponge but a brush that helps to smooth on the gloss evenly. I like it but probably would not purchase this since a cheaper clear gloss can be bought. The texture is more sticky than regular glosses so this wears longer.

on 11/9/2004 10:52:00 PM

I think this is a really nice gloss. I know a lot of people don't like the smell, but I think it's quite nice. It doesn't smell mediciny to me...it has a nice slight peppermint smell. It's fairly smooth, I don't find the glitter to be gritty at all. I also think it conditions my lips a bit. I did an experiment and I put it on my lips instead of chapstick one day, and it smoothed my lips out the same way my chapstick does.

This is a great gloss and I can't wait to pick up some other colors.

on 10/21/2004 2:55:00 PM

When I first bought this the smell of it was repulsive. The color is just clear with sparkles. I haven't used this in the past month but when I went to top it over a lipstick it smelled of mint which is my favorite lipgloss smell. I dont know what happened but it smells good now. I love the fact that it was a brush applicator. A little bit sticky depnding on how much you put on. Not very long-lasting just an average gloss.

on 9/6/2004 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Overall this is an ok gloss, I just find it too chunky with glitter. I think the color being so non-existant washes me out. If it didn't have so much glitter it would not be so goopy upon application. I tossed it in my purse and use it on the go and it is just fine for that. It does last a long time though.

on 3/24/2004 8:53:00 PM

I like this gloss, it has the staying power of most glosses (not much) but it's a nice sheer color, nice for casual look. I also like the brush applicator. It looks like it's loaded with glitter in the package, but really it's just a nice mellow shimmer. Very subtle. I would rebuy in a different color.

on 3/6/2004 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just put this product on...about fifteen minutes ago. I love the applicator! It has a brush, rather than a sponge, which gives precise application. The minty thing is faint, so if you don't like mint you don't have to worry. If you do like mint...well, it's still there. The shine is high and it has a soft shimmer. The glitter, which is very small, is felt faintly. The mint kinda makes my lips feel cold...the natural side effect of mint, at least I hope so :) The gloss is a little thick and the tube is cute. The silver cap has a silver spiral decoration. The gloss itself looks like a shimmery pink in the tube but goes on clear. If it didn't, I would wonder since it IS called See Through. But, that's not the case so four l/s for now!!! I'll type back when it wears off, although that doesn't seem to be any time soon.

EDIT: I've tried this gloss on again and it seems to be a tube of glitter--very uncomfortable on the lips and not very shiny unless in natural light. It's nice, but I prefer Revlon SL l/g in Shine City because it's more comfortable, the glitter isn't felt at all, and it has a nicer shine.

Recommended for Medium Skin