Almay Whipped Gloss - Sparkling Mauve

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

got this for a great price at target, two tubes for 3 dollars. this is my first almay product and i love it. this gloss has a great texture and scent. the brush is very cute and works very well. i love this shade, it looks very natural on me, not much pigment. on others, however, may be darker, would definitely repurchase.

on 10/17/2004 2:59:00 AM

Ok ok ok, I know. Just as soon as I nearly blow a gasket hemming and hawing about everything that is wrong with these whipped glosses (if you want to know what I'm talking about see my review of the Sheer raspberry shade)and testifying that I will not purchase these again, what do I do? I go out and buy one in another shade. I just got to reading all of the positive reviews and started thinking maybe I am just crazy not to like these. I'm glad I listened to you all because I just tried this shade (exclusive to Target--why do they do that?) and I have to say I really like it. This gloss may make me eat all of the nasty words I had to say about Sheer Raspberry. Basically, I loved the color of S. Rasp. but hated everything else about it: the texture, the smell, the taste, the brush, etc. But I find that this particular shade lacks the nauseating smell, the minty tingle is not so pronounced, nor annoying, the texture is great--especially applied with the fantastic brush (I know I'm going back on everything I said earlier!). I really like how the brush allows me to apply the color in a very thin, even manner and avoid the goopyness I associated with the S. Rasp. This shade is a very nice cool pink on the lips. Slightly cooler version of S. Rasp. I think the s. Rasp. is more flattering on my skintone, but what do you do? Staying power seems decent--about what you'd expect from a gloss. Also, I really appreciated how the finish was shiny, but not garishly so (unlike, say, L'oreal's Glamshine glosses). This particular shade also seems to lack the huge chunks of gritty glitter which is a plus. The best part is that this came with an adorable mini gloss in the same shade, I just love it! So, I may just have to try more of these and not let one bad raspberry spoil the whole barrel. If you're interested, get thineself to Target cuz they have about five really nice shades you can't get elsewhere--I want to try the Cherry red color next!

on 5/18/2004 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

True to its name, Sparkling Mauve is a sparkly mauve colour that is very shimmery and well pigmented. Almay Whipped glosses are truly one of the best drugstore glosses out there. They smell minty, last for hours, and have a nice little brush applicator for the ultimate in precision of application.

Recommended for Medium Skin