August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Whipped Gloss -Shimmering Roses

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 6:14:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

This is a gorgeous medium-toned rosey color on my NC30/Buff/Nude Beige skin. Nice pigmentation for a gloss. True rose, not dusty rose or bronzey rose (I've smeared this and NARS Dolce Vita on my hand and this is slightly pinker. Same depth of shade though.)

This is not sticky like MAC, slightly thicker than CG Wetslicks. No discernable smell to me. I've noticed a slight tingling feeling on my lips though, and I'm not sensitive in any way, so some people might have problems with this.
I'll repurchase, and other colors.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2004 12:14:00 PM More reviews by chickadee1351

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I didn't like about this gloss was the color. I like the cute little brush on design versus normal wand glosses. And I liked the subtle peppermint smell/taste. I even liked the glossy shine and the consistency. However, the color was too punchy pink for me...it looked like a ripe bronzy berry color in the tube but ending up bright raspberry pink. I didn't like it at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2004 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Spanola28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree that this is definitely one of the gems of the new glosses. Shimmering Roses is a beautiful mauvey rose shade - warmer and more pigmented than Candied Cider, my other fave. These go on smooth and moist albeit a bit unevenly. The brush is small but still effective for a drugstore gloss. The minty taste gets on my nerves but it disappears after a minute. I love the shimmer this has - subtle but multi-faceted and unique. This might not work for cooler complexions. I would buy this again altho it is exclusive to Target (supposedly).