October 21, 2014 | 1937 users online

Concealers - Perricone - Pore Refining Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by truebella

I liked this product until I found murad's spot treatment. While it does not match my skin tone it did reduce the time it took to heal pimple. But murad worst much better, however perricones is not as drying as murad's . Dont know if it worth the price. The tube it comes in is metal and if it gets punctured the stuff oozes out and sometimes way too much comes out of the tip wasting the expensive product. It last a very long time though it you take care not to damage the tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mercymercyme

I went into a sephora store with a $100 gift certificate and the intention of buying Perricone's Face Firming Activator (this was way back in 2005, when it only cost $95!). One of the ladies in the Perricone area noticed a big red pimple on my chin. "Hold still, I'm going to put something here..." and she tapped some of this concealor on the spot. She stepped back to admire her work, while her cohort nodded and mm-hmm-ed her approval. I checked myself in the mirror, and hey! I had never before used a concealer (or foundation) before, and I was astonished at how, you know, concealer worked - in this case, well. My pimple was invisible under those kleig lights. I bought a tube along with the other stuff. I liked it, a lot. I used it every day for a really long time - on zits and scars, on the sides of my nostrils, under my eyes...Honestly, I thought this stuff was pretty great. It covered well; only a tiny bit of product was needed; and while it didn't match my skin tone at all (I'm pretty pale with a lot of pink), I found that if I tapped and blended it with enough finesse, the product appeared to disappear, yet would still cover.

However, I'm taking off two lippies. In addition to the coverage, I was further compelled to buy it because of the saleswoman's pitch: she said that If I applied it to the blemish, the sulfur would pull the whitehead up to and out of the surface, and what remained, I could just sort of scratch off with a fingernail (pretty much her exact words), and that would be the end of that blemish. This did not happen then, and it never, ever HELPED my complexion or expedited the purging of blemishes. That they would so blatantly advertise a product with such patently false claims really burns me. It didn't so much then, but for some reason, it does now. And, it was expensive! I don't know how much it costs now, but then it cost around $35 for a small tube. I reiterate that it did last a long time. But out of principle, I have not bought, and will not buy this product again. Also, now that I'm not such a neophyte to makeup that provides coverage (and I have all the MUAers to consult for good advice!) I'm sure that I can find one that more truly matches my skin tone.

Also - the metal tube, after a while, cracked where it had been bent and compressed, and the product leaked inside of my makeup bag, getting concealer everywhere and leaving a pretty unpleasant smell as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Don't waste your money! It smells bad, doesn't heal/prevent acne, and looks really obvious on your skin! The color definitely didn't match my skin tone (which is pretty average - light, but tans easily) and didn't stay in place. It didn't really even stick to skin, if that makes sense... it would slip right off.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2006 2:43:00 AM More reviews by BriChz

Stay away! This product doesn't deliver on any of its claims - it does not heal blemishes, help fade dark spots, "refine" pores (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean), or even remotely conceal imperfections. I realize that's a tall order for any product and shouldn't have purchased it in the first place, especially for how pricey it is, but come on! This didn't do anything but leak all over my make-up bag and stink up my face (it has a very noticeable sulfur scent).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2006 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mikesvoboda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, this shouldn't be labeled a concealer; it didn't help hide any blemishes I had when I used it. Secondly, it's way to expensive, especially when it doesn't even perform the job it claims it can do well at all. And thirdly, it didn't help heal any existing or future acne.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if this should be labeled as a concealer. It is very thin and runny unlike regular concealer products. It's more like a tinted treatment product. Especially because it only comes in one color. Well, at least the Sephora store where I went to. On the plus side, I noticed an instant improvement in pore visibility and redness when I tried it in the store under their million-megawatt overhead lights that make every pore in your face highly visible. Or maybe it is their mirrors. Any case, whatever they do to make customers feel flawed , it worked, because I felt the urge to buy this product right away. I think I will only shop Sephora online from now on to prevent purchases like this from happening.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2004 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I suppose I am lucky that this more or less matches my skin tone. It's a bit on the dark and ashy side for my PPP skin but I actually like it that way because it helps cancel some of the ruddiness in my face. What I can't stand though, is the wretched and overpowering odor this stuff has. I don't know which ingredient it is, but every time I open my sample jar I'm nearly knocked over by the stench. There are plenty of other concealers, like Exuviance and Allison Raffaele, that don't require a gas mask to use. Bleargh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product first came up on my radar when I read about it in a Glamour article about how it helps get rid of the mark you can get after you've had a pimple (that looks like a scar but is actually inflamation, at least according to said article). Despite the fact that I'm way past my teenager years, I still get breakouts (although they've been mitigated with the steady use of Pro-Activ) and thus, the resulting dark spots.

After talking to a Sephora associate I got a sample rather than buying it because she told me that she tried it and it gave her a rash. I have sensitive skin but it didn't give me a rash and even better, it worked! The tip of the cap has cracked a bit since I've bought it. My main caveat though, is that the color doesn't match my skin at all and even after blending the edges out, it's still quite obvious. So what I do is wear it at night to get rid of dark spots from pimples. The results are not instantaneous, but far faster than if I didn't use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2004 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pace

I've been using the same tube for almost a year now, so don't be put off by the $35 price tag (though I agree it's rather expensive). It blends in well and really does reduce redness. As for fading blemish marks, it takes a while, but it has worked on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2004 9:58:00 PM More reviews by indo_girl

This product is a complete rip off. I bought it because it's supposed to get rid of skin dicolorations while it conceals. Yeah right. It didn't do either, it reaks of sulfur, the product oozed out of the tube every time I opened it, and it cost almost $45 for a tube.