Almay Whipped Gloss - Amethyst Glimmer

4.1

on 2/7/2008 1:15:00 PM

This is a terrific, subtle, mauvy plum, easier to wear on my coolish medium fair complexion than I initially thought it would be (purples are problematic). I like the application as well. This is my go to gloss whenever I wear blue, mauve, or taupe.

on 10/25/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love lip gloss with the brush applicators! I saw these in my local DS and I couldn't decide between two of them so I got them both. Amethyst Glimmer is exactly what it says (which wasn't the case with the other one). Its a shiney purpley colour with a slightly peppermint scent. Its a little too dark for me, so I won't be repurchasing but I wear it sometimes when I'm in the mood for it.. I love the whipped glosses because they aren't sticky and goopy, and with the brush you get an even smoother look with as little gloss on your lips as possible.

BEAUTIFULLLL on me. I have a golden brown tone with pigminted lips and it goes on as if i bit my lip with shine . Im in love with this color! , goes on smooth like the aplicator. and i got it at a cosmetic wear house for i think 1.99 so i couldnt be happyer will i buy more ? ohh yeah. has a minted scent which i usually ignore

on 8/15/2005 8:45:00 PM

Too fuchia/orchid.

on 7/15/2005 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this shade because it is perfect for my yellow toned, medium skin. it may look wildly purple/orchid outside but when i apply it, it looks plum/mauve that compliments my tone (i'm NC 35. it has glitters but i dont feel it, its non sticky, faint mint smell, great brush applicator and its cheap!

Like SingingBaby I was immediately attracted to the pretty colour. Its a gorgeous fuschia/violet colour. It looks quite bright in the tube but its much sheerer on the lips. I was a little bit disappointed that it was so sheer at first, but that's probably for the best coz in reality i'm not very brave with bright colours. Its a relatively flattering colour on me, though I actually dont end up wearing this gloss much, and so i wont be repurchasing it. For reference i'm a LLL/bb warm ivory eurasian, black hair, brown eyes

on 5/23/2005 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just upped my rating of this from 4 lippies to 5, after realizing I use it quite a bit! When I first bought this, I was disappointed that the vivid frosty lavender in the tube comes out as sort of a soft mauve with no discernible shimmer. However, it is growing on me. I could do without the medicinal/Mylanta scent, but the brush applicator is lovely and dispenses a generous amount of product. Don't expect megawatt Lipglass shine here, but this stuff still produces a nice non-sticky glossy finish and lasts fairly long when used with lipliner or with a waxy balm, like Carmex click-stick, underneath. This is a versatile color that gives a soft "early morning" mauve glow alone, can look bright fuchsia over red lippies, or rich purple over plum-toned lippies. BTW, I am one of those PPPs who stays away from pale lip colors-- this one is on the light side, but does not wash me out at all!

on 3/24/2005 10:05:00 PM

I have to agree with the prior review. I was in Shoppers Drug Mart looking for a gloss, because I left my MAC lipglass at home. Luckily I had my blackberry on me, and found this review. This is a great gloss! It really brightens up your face, and really suits my NC40 skin tone.

on 10/9/2004 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I would never have purchased Amethyst Glimmer had it not been for the positive reviews here, so thanks! :) Amethyst Glimmer looks super dark and scary in the tube (at least to this nude and light pinks only girl!), but on my rosy lips, it shows up as a sheer medium pinky plum. I find it very face brightening, and it seems to wear off evenly. I'd definitely buy this again! I'm a MAC C3/Aromaleigh 2W w/medium golden brown hair and hazel eyes.

on 9/22/2004 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was immediately attracted to this gloss because of the absolutely gorgeous color of it in the tube. Then when I opened it and saw that it was a brush applicator I said "wow", becuase for some reason I associate brush applicators as something for a more expensive brand (which I know isn't always the case). So, I was anxious to try it on and was disapointed that the color didn't go on even similar to what was in the tube. Anyway, I'll keep trying it, and maybe my review will go up. I do LOVE the smell of it and lack of overbearing stickyness!

Popular Lip Glosses