Almay Whipped Gloss - Wine Glass

3.2

on 1/17/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

When I first bought this I didn't like it. Then all of a sudden I get into fashion blogging and realize how huge of a difference red lips can make in a picture. So I dug into my makeup drawer and found this stuff and it is perfect!!!!

I pair it with my Prestige lip liner in Tomango, and wala, beautiful red lips, perfect with my olive skin tone. The mixture does smell a bit minty, but I don't mind. It is also true it is thick, but then again how else would you get such rich color? I like the brush application, I just do a quick swipe or two and smack my lips together!

In fact, I'll upload some pictures!

on 8/31/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this for 2 bucks at lot less, which is new york city's version of bit lots. i thought it looked cute in the pakaging, but when I opened it up, I was a bit disappointed. I had similar problems as the other reviewers; the was too gloopy for my liking. And I personally don't wear red that much, so I almost never use it. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 12/26/2006 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'd call this plum, not red. In the tube it looks shimmery, but I can't really see it when it goes on. Not that that's a bad thing. Like the pepperminty smell, and it's not too sticky.

this is PURE real red ( apple red ), dont have to reapply as much because the color is so bold and out there. i love it, every girl needs a least one red gloss/lip stick

on 6/27/2006 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is my new favorite red gloss. I like that its sheerly red, but with the dumb brush applicator and thick formula you have to be careful when applying (I just put a dot in the center of my lips and smush them together). I didn't like the smell because its a dental floss minty, not a good minty flavor, but the smell is weak enough that I almost didn't realize it was there. Oddly enough, this gloss works wonderfully as a cheek stain for me as well, without being sticky, blotchy, or overly bright. I don't normally buy almay (too expensive, dumb advertising) but this was on clearance, and I'm glad I got it. Gloss fades a bit too quickly though.

on 3/11/2006 4:50:00 PM

Blech, this stuff is so thick and sticky that it went into the trash. There's too many decent glosses out there to waste ur time with this one.

*sigh*More Almay crap.These taste good,like refreshing peppermint,but that's about it.The color "Wine Glass" is a beautiful bold deep red in the tube,similar to my beloved Essie Bordeaux nail polish.It went on smoothly and sheerly.I had to put on a few coats to get color payoff.But it bleeds like crazy!NO staying power whatsoever.And the packaging made me angry...the Almay logo and writing on the package chipped off complately in a few days.And i had put it in my purse and kept it on a table top.I purchased a few other shades and the same thing happened.Ugh,it looks so cheap,like chipped nail polish.The brush applicator is too big and flawed as well.

on 6/19/2005 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This color looked like a great red/wine shade in the tube but it is more pink than red once you apply it and it is very gloopy. I also didn't like the minty scent. It doesn't linger but it was just not my cup of tea. Like many here, I am not a fan of the brush applicator. If you are a stickler for packaging, I have to say that this is kinda cheesy looking which would not be a problem for me if the product in it were better. I won't buy this again. Nothing to wow us here ladies.

on 11/14/2004 7:27:00 PM

This is a gorgeous deep dark claret red with a tiny amount of shimmer. The scent is cleanly minty and the gloss wears nicely to a pink stain. I love the brush applicator. My one complaint is that the packaging is crap. I hate the stupid barber pole lid and the writing on the tube wears off really quickly and looks ratty as it's coming off.
me:cool toned ppp with brown hair and eyes

on 7/19/2004 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was really surprised when I opened this product and found a brush applicator! I'm not a fan of brushes and found it more difficult to apply the gloss. The gloss itself went on kind of gloppy and uneven and impossible to use for light coverage. The color didn't look good on me, it was too pinky of a red for my skin, but it could look good on someone else. I did like the shimmer, it was subtle and had just enough to it. I won't be repurchasing this and I'll probably end up trading it, but I'll give it a couple more chances.

Recommended for Medium Skin