August 27, 2014 | 1868 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Large Strawberry Lip Smacker

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Back in the early '80s, these jumbo Lip-Smackers used to be sold on a lanyard to wear around your neck. I had an Orange Crush one and I used to literally eat it off my lips all day!

I've noticed that Bonne Bell no longer puts as much sweetener in their products as when I was a kid-- probably because so many girls just ate their way through the balms and parents got alarmed. Most of the flavors have SOME sweetener-- oddly, Strawberry and WIld Raspberry do not. But that's why I prefer these flavors, as I prefer to smell rather than taste my lip products. Strawberry is my absolute fave, plasticky and Disney-esque though it is. It's just nostalgic happytime for me.

And boy, is this big one bright and fun to have! Not hard to keep track of either, since it's about the size of a can of car-lock antifreeze! The balm leaves a slight sheen and no color, which is fine by me. Not a super-moisturizing product, but enough for everyday dryness and if I want to "pull together" minimal makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Got this in a 3 pack from target omg this brand brings back so many memories. Cotton candy and strawberry were my favorites in elementary school and i remember being so excited to put these on everyday. They were the first cosmetics I owned and since then I've always had an obsession with lip products. To find these in such a big packaging is so cool I always wanted one of these when I was younger but they were always sold out. Now I'm 26 and getting my first set lol! All of the scents bring back memories in some way or another :) the moisturizing factor is there but wears off quickly, these will last me all year for sure

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by 44Gracie

I like the texture and smell, it tastes like nothing! a bit weird, in fact. The smell isnt strong, which was a surprise since lip smackers tend to have awesome and strong flavours. I really liked the fact that it was large, but i was disappointed that the flavour was proper. would not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Bonne Bell Lip Smackers, and the strawberry is no exception - nice scent, moisturizing, smooth. I particularly love the Large size as it lasts a long time *and* it's easy to find in your purse if it happens to make its way to the bottom :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by MissNoirNoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh wow Lip Smackers... nostalgia hit!!! I used to collect these like crazy when I was younger and when I saw this review for the large Lip Smacker I just had to comment. When my friend and I saw these in the shop I was so excited and just had to buy one! As you can see in my photo, these really are huuuuuge!!! Safe to say this edition of large Lip Smackers will last you a loooong time ^_^! As a few reviewers have said, I find this does have more of a plastic scent than strawberry but come on girls, this is a jumbo sized Lip Smacker- how cool is that!!! Haha Although the nourishing qualities of the balm are average, I got it purely for novelty purpose (It's always a laugh pulling this out of my bag during class) and because it reminds me of the good old days since this was the first lip balm brand I ever bought :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by MiaRayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those people who buy lip smackers for the smell or the taste. This was a little disappointing.
I guess, because I knew that the strawberry smacker was the original flavor for smackers and that it had some sentimental value to all girls, I thought it would be nice to pick this one up.
Unfortunately though, after having used the vanilla smacker prior to this, I expected some sort of taste to it. Nothing. I was licking bland, flavorless wax the whole time.
Oh well, the smell somehow made up for it. I've been hearing some pretty bad reviews about the scent of it, you know, being all plastic and waxy. For some reason, mine wasn't like that. I still got the satisfaction of opening up the tube and having people around me tell me how good my lip balm smelt. T'was quite nice but I still love the vanilla one better.
As for moisture, it provided just enough for about an hour, then you needed to reapply. But I usually tend to go over the top with my lip balms, so it might just be me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product so much, as I remember having Starburst's lip smackers when I was in 6th Grade and that they tasted good and smelt good. I must admit, the sole reason I bought this balm was for the taste, this lip smacker tastes like NOTHING. It says AWESOME FLAVOUR on the package so I assumed it would actually TASTE like something, it tastes like NOTHING. I've bit it and licked it off, and all I get is an oily residue in my mouth! You've gotta admit, all us ladies are either buying these lip smackers soley for the taste and/or the smell, this balm also doesn't even smell like strawberries, it's very faint, but it's more of a plastic, fake scent, if anything. Other than that, it's just a run-of-the-mill balm, I'd rather pay for a quality one like Blistex that has SPF while still moisturizing AND costing 50 cents less at Walmart than these things, which are $2. Blistex even has a flavoured one that actually has flavour AND smells great AND has SPF (but from what I've also heard, the smell starts to become strange) however, I'd rather risk that than get 5 of these for FREE. Argh, really disappointed, Bonne Bell.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my fave lipsmacker in LE biggie size. Im sure there are other biggie flavors, but Target I went to had Strawberry, Dr.Pepper, Watermelon, and Cotton Candy. I grabbed 2 strawberry biggie, cuz only 2 were left, so I felt like I had to get both. Other flavors, I just got 1 each. All 5 will be sufficient enough for my year's lipbalm =P I might try walmart to see if they have biggies in other flavors. For upper lip, its whatever, but biggie is so convenient to wear on lower lip :) fits perfectly

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ellarae6

This lip gloss outlasted my mum's boyfriend and smells alot better. 5/5!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ezzyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this. Its just like the smaller one, but its GIANT! I couldn't decide between trying this or going for my tried and true Dr. Pepper. Its so much fun whipping this out in the middle of a office meeting or something. Everyone asks where I got it. Its a limited edition, but you can get it at Walgreens or something. There is also Cotton Candy and Watermelon.