August 29, 2014 | 924 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Clear Smooth Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by sshaira

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found that this worked quite well for me as it doesnt tend to clog my pores unlike most others. It provides medium coverage but leaves a healthy glow on my skin. The matt finish which provides a natural look

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by elatheindelible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a light coverage foundation, basically the closest thing to a tinted moisturizer. It does nothing for my oily skin and it transfers easily to clothing. It's awful for humid climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by MarcellinaStevani

After I read some reviews here, I decided to try this foundie. The result is really awesome!!!! I really love love love thins foundation. Actually I don't need full coverage foundation, I look for light and everyday foundation. And this is it!! It's really don't clog my pores, even one. I wear it when I went to collage from day to night. Don't have time to clean my foundie in the mid day. But, really don't clog my pores. I have acne prone skin. In this is the best everyday foundation for acne prone skin like me. I have tried lancome mat miracle foundation. Even Lancome is high-end foundie, I think this one is much better for your everyday foundation. Lancome clogged my pores (hiks hiks), but not make me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by catpopulation

this is my everyday foundation! I love the texture, gel consistency which is so easy to spread all over my face. i got the natural beige and it's a perfect match to my skin, it does have a sheer coverage but that's all I need for daily foundation, covers my redness perfectly but doesn't conceal my blemishes or purplish acne scarring, you need concealer for that. it does get oily during the day but you can always blot it or set your face with translucent powder and you're good to go. the most important thing is, this foundation doesn't break me out :-)

for the price i think this is a very nice foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by maggiemartinezz

HI dolls. I've been using this gel foundation for almost 2 years now, and I've already purchased 5 bottles of it since i started using it, because it is actually a good product. But I do agree with others saying that it made their face oily, it doesn't last all day. Well yes I did experience it but it wasn't a big deal of a problem. I prefer the gel foundation above all other foundations because it is light and easy to spread since it is water based. But I do Have a trick to make that oily problem and doesn't last all day problem go away.

Here's how.
I use ELF mineral infused face primer, and then I use the gel foundation. I prime my face first applying a pea size amount to my finger and blot them to my oily spots and rub them in. Then That's the time i apply my Maybelline gel foundation. Works like a charm! It leaves your face matte finish and it lasts all day, as long as you don't perspire and have heavy activities along the way. I'm a student in culinary arts and i do wear makeup inside the kitchen and i do perspire a lot but the primer saved me from that oily face after class.

I guess primer is the trick, you don't need to use ELF primer, you can use other brands, but i think ELF is cheaper than smashbox.

Hoped I help with those who are looking for that perfect oil free face.

PS I'm also a makeup artist and my clients always admire the foundation i'm using for them and myself.

Ciao! I will soon upload a picture of my maybelline gel foundation before and after it is applied to my face :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by van18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Since this foundation doesn't last all day and makes my face a little bit oily, this is not something I'll use when going to work. Now, having said all that, I still love it! Why? It's easy to apply and PERFECT for days that I am just out and about. I use this when going to the grocery or the hair salon. Basically, anywhere where I don't need full coverage. It's easy to take off and doesn't clog pores. I call this my no-fuss, lazy days foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by marsqurine

I love this foundation :) This retails for SGD$19.90 for a 30ml bottle. I notice that this foundation has been around for at least 8 years while other Maybelline foundations will normally get discontinued after 3 years tops. Shade 22 is right for my skin tone and it offers medium coverage. I like its green plastic squeeze tube that it comes in as its easy to use. I don't really like the newer drugstore foundations which are packaged in glass as its bulky to store and I am afraid of dropping them. I am not sure if I can reach the last few drops left in the bottle easily though. It claims to absorb excess sebum but I can't really feel it. I can't really feel its oil-controlling properties as I always put on a powder after using liquid foundations. After taking care of my diet and using proper skincare products, my skin has become less oily too. Honestly, I haven't tried high-end foundations yet so I am not sure how this will fare as compared to them. But as of now, I think that this foundation works great for me. I should be suitable to all skin types, and its one of the cheaper drugstore foundations which are priced at below $20. I still have 2 more bottles of this and various samples of this to use :) I will repurchase this foundation :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Didn't like this product as much because I felt it too greasy and it slipped and slided a lot while I wore it. Gave good coverage though but it does not really control oil on your face. Had to retouch and retouch throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by chanela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally don't like drugstore brands other than the Japanese sisters brands. But this foundation kind I impressed me. With the price I paid I gel is easy to blend and feel very lightweight on my skin. I am a nc25 and I use shade#natural.doubt I will repurchase because I am nit a huge fan of drugstore products but this is a thumbs up.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by prettyfuschia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't like it. It's too sheer for foundation and doesn't cover anything. Won't repurchase