August 28, 2014 | 1006 users online

Fragrances - Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy Girl

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfFreaks

I got this as a gift two years ago and love this stuff! It is light and airy without being too strong. The bottle is simple and elegant and I use it every day. I have more than 4/5ths left and it will last a long time

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by lavirac

have been using this perfume for the last 6 months. only a few people notice this─or maybe others too but they don't give a shit. one of them is my crush. everytime i wear this he always sniffs and says "you smell really nice". score! not something that i'm really obsessed with, though, so i will not repurchase. but, still, this perfume is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Awe memory lane:) this was my fave sent in 2005 when I was 16. Almost ten years later And I always keep a bottle on hand to smell. It's crisp,fresh ,fun. Perfect high school aged sent IMO

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Coantoinette

I love Tommy Girl, it has been a scent I have been wearing since middle school, and I will continue for many years to come. However, it can be extremely overpowering if you're unaware of just how strong it is; a little goes a long way! It's the type of, "in your face" perfume that when you walk in the room, everyone will be turning heads and wondering who is wearing that scent!

It is a crisp scent that will last all day, just do not go overboard with spraying it! I find that if I spray both of my wrists then rub onto my neck, it will last throughout the day without the need to spray again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by silverain82

I received and purchased body sprays from Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret starting at age 12-13. Tommy Girl however, was my first perfume. I got it as a gift for my 16th birthday... It was pretty much the only thing I wanted, and I LOVED it!! It was a pretty big bottle, cause I used it religiously for the first year I had it, then I used it here and there, but not daily...and I used the very last of the bottle about 10yrs after I got it! I have always loved the scent...I love "green" scents. I bought a tiny bottle a few years ago to wear every now and then...I love all of the memories that come to mind when I wear it!! In fact, I think that's my favorite thing about fragrances, is the memories!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is cheap at Ross.

I agree it has a "tinge". To me this smells GREEN, if that makes sense. It reminds me of spring,

It's a nice fragrance, especially for younger women.

I don't smell the citrus, but this is nice and not offensive IMO.

It's not overly sweet, and it's not complex. I'd like to try this layer a heavier perfume to make it more interesting.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by crazycharm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift, years ago and I HATED IT. The scent was overwhelming and gave me headaches that I can't even begin to describe. It's far too strong and it has a certain weird tinge to it, that made me miserable. Maybe it's just not right for me. I still have 95% left of the perfume, even till now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I get what others speak of when they say metallic, I certainly understand what others mean when they use synthetic to describe Tommy Girl. It is, without a doubt all of that and more in so many words. It is brass, loud and screeches at you. It's not soft at all. It's such a cacophony of pots and pans hitting at my brain it's assaulting. Why in heavens name would I want to wear this? The only reason I could think of would be to revisit a memory from the long-gone past, the very-long gone. A heavy-metal one, I might add. This is a fragrance that brings to mind grunge to me for some reason, Doc Martens, safety pins and all that that era entailed. It's a cold, alloy feeling fragrance. It's certainly not one to make you feel cozy. But if you'd like to kick ass, hey, give it a spritz.
Top Notes: Black Currant, Camelia, Mandarin Orange, Apple Tree Blossom.
Middle Notes: Honeysuckle, Lily, Violet, Mint, Grapefruit, Lemon, Rose.
Base Notes: Magnolia, Leather, Sandalwood, Jasmine, Cedar.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by SusVita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Clare_au

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried this thanks to Luca Turin's 5 star review in Perfumes: The Guide.

The topnotes are my favorite stage, where it smells like very strong, sweet iced lemon tea and wildflowers. Then this sharp, aggressively fresh aquatic quality emerges and takes over everything. Can someone remake this without the aquatics please?

Tommy Girl may have been a landmark in perfumery, but it's been ruined for me by a million "Mountain Breeze" shower gels, deodorants and air fresheners that smell similar. It's not the perfume's fault - it was very popular and has been copied a lot over the years. Still, I can't wear this one, although I wouldn't mind smelling it from a safe distance on someone else.