Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl

3.6

on 4/23/2015 12:09:00 PM

I REALLY thought this was going to be "the one" for me. My coworker wears this sometimes and it's delightful on her. A soft and clean scent, gently wafting through the office, never sweet or sickly or musky. It makes me think of a clean, crisp white button down collared shirt, a classic.

I bought myself a small bottle and have been wearing it for several days and have tried various application techniques. I sprayed it on my wrists and it was too strong. I sprayed once in the air and walked through and it was too strong. I wore it with a soft, sweet scent to see if the combination would tone down the crispness of Tommy Girl and it's still hitting the wrong chords with me.

So many reviews say it's a lemony tea kind of scent. I do get a sharp citrusy clean scent but every time I wear this I'm on the verge of a major headache and I just don't enjoy wearing this. I only apply a conservative amount but still every time I get a whiff I cringe a little because it's just so strong and "too clean" for me.

I do love the bottle and the clear liquid. It looks so clean and simple and classic. I wanted this to be my go-to scent, but I'm gong to have to return this.

I would recommend this to those who like very clean floral scents such as Pleasures. My corworker who wears this also wears Pleasures and it smells incredible on her, yet that's another one I can't wear.

on 1/18/2015 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Smells strong but not in a overwhelming way. A lot of perfumes smells way to sweet, or at least the perfumes my friends wear often do. But this one smells fresh and good. I use it as my signature scent and I love the classy bottle.

on 1/2/2015 10:20:00 AM

I liked this when I was a teenager. It smelled light, fresh & invigorating. Also, it mixed with my body chemistry quite well. It was a gift and when I ran out of it I didn't purchase it again because I was a cheapskate & only used perfumes gifted to me (hah!). I had a whiff of this in a department store recently for old times' sake & sadly couldn't stand the smell of it anymore.

on 11/30/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this was my first and signature scent, and Im still into it ...

on 11/22/2014 9:38:00 PM

I do not know what it is with this perfume, but it simply does not appeal to me. It reminds me of the '90s when everyone was wearing this scent, but it does not remind me of any particular scent and smells very synthetic. I would not purchase this.

Bought this on vacation a little while ago, very fresh and clean ! Really like this one. The scent of it the next day on my clothing is sooo nice.:-)
Would definitely buy this again.

on 11/2/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this way back when it debuted in 1994 lol. I have owned 3 bottles since. I really like this simple fragrance, especially for summer and spring. It smells like tea on me, no idea why but just very fresh tea and a hint of mint and citrus with a leathery wood in the background.

Top notes are black currant, camellia, mandarin orange, and apple tree blossom. Middle notes are honeysuckle, freesia, violet, mint, grapefruit, lemon, and rose. Base notes are magnolia, leather, sandalwood, jasmine, and cedar.

on 10/25/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Some people don't like this fragrance but absolutely love it. It is strong but not overpowering. It smells clean but fruity mixed with floral. It's hard to describe but it's the type of perfume a teen can wear as well as an adult woman. I remember girls wearing this during the late 90s and early 2000s and wanting to get one. I finally rememered to buy one and I don't regret it. It's my "go to" fragrance and I hope it will always be in stock!

on 10/19/2014 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After reading about rave reviews and Luca Turin giving this 5* I got curious and sprayed a little on a paper while shopping. I bought a jacket that day and put the fragranced paper in the bag with the jacket, when I got home the whole bag smelled like Tommy Girl and I needed it right away! I would put this in a t-shirt and jeans category, a basic everyday scent. It's a very fresh, sporty, green, citrus, crisp scent a little metallic and it's strong and long lasting. This is the only fragrance I got complimented on by a stranger, a woman told my she passed by me a couple of times and just had to ask what fragrance I was wearing, and that never happend to me before! So I guess this is a likeable fragrance, the price is also very good these days and while I don't want to wear this everyday I do want this in my fragrance collection and would repurchase when I run out!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as a gift two years ago and love this stuff! It is light and airy without being too strong. The bottle is simple and elegant and I use it every day. I have more than 4/5ths left and it will last a long time

Popular Fragrances