Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Oil - enriched version

4.3

paraffinum liquidum/mineral oil/zea mays/corn germ oil, polysorbate 85/safflower seed oil, sorbitan trioleate, ethylhexyl stearate/jojba seed oil/avocado oil, sea water, glycerin, tocopherol, limonene/canola oil, linalool, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, dicapryl carbonate, isopropyl myristate, ethyl oleate/rapeseed oil, butylphenyl methylpropional/bitter orange peel extract/tomato extract/capsicum annuum fruit extract, parfum/fragrance

on 12/1/2011 1:06:00 AM

I use the pink version and i love the mild scent of sakura..after using this every night i will skip the foam wash and directly to the toner my skin feel refreshed, tighten ( a little) and soft..i cant say it improve my pore appearance because my skin condition differs throughout the month

on 4/24/2010 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great cleansing oil for my dry skin! I think it is a little thinner in consistency than the regular (green bottle one) but it takes off all my makeup, even waterproof. I usually use it prior to getting in the shower so I can rinse it off really well and it leaves my skin baby soft.. I think by softening my skin it has rehydrated and reversed some fine wrinkles around my eyes. I will repurchase for life.

on 4/23/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My mom had a pack of three small size different Shu Uemura cleansing oils awhile back and she gave me the enriched version to me to try. For a VERY long time I didn't touch it, as the idea of cleaning my face with oil was appalling. Recently I read good reviews on this and I decided to try this.

I never really needed a cleansing oil before but I've started to wear foundation, and I find this cleanses my face REALLY well of my makeup. Once I wash the oil off my face it actually feels a little dry! I follow up with a foaming cleanser to clean up anything I might have missed as well. I started to break out a little while after I started to wear my foundation but if I cleanse my face with this oil I don't break out. It also smells fantastic :) Not sure I would buy the full size version as it is very expensive for a student like me but I really like this stuff.

on 4/23/2010 9:18:00 AM

I got 2 samples of High Performance Balancing Oil - enriched version from Shu when I bought makeups. Being a big (but not always loyal) fan of Shu, i was very keen to try it.

This oil is thicker than other Shu cleansing oil formula I have used: cleansing oil light (discontinued), fresh (pink bottle), the whitening one (light blue bottle) and the basic one (yellow bottle).

Like all versions of Shu cleansing oil, It has a fantastic removing power. I find the smell pretty nice. Shu cleansing oils have never cause any break-out or rash to my very sensitive skin.

I would not buy the enriched version, because I think the fresh version in pink bottle and the basic one in yellow bottle suit my skin better than this one. Plus i do not like the thickness of this oil. However, I wouldn't mind using the enriched version if i got it for free. Because there's nothing wrong with this product really. I would highly recommend it to people with dry skin.

on 12/2/2009 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love cleansing oils in general and this is one of my absolute favourites especially on lazy evenings when I don''t want to OCM with my own concoction. It gets ALL make up OFF of my face - all sunscreen, w/p mascara, gel liner etc. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and this has not caused any breakouts or erruptions of any kind. If anything, it has helped make my skin better and clearer. Will continue buying as long as they make it.

Shu really is in a league of its own. This is my first cleansing oil, and it really does make a difference. I recently made some minor changes to my skin care routine, including this, and I am seeing overall improvement in the appearance of my skin. It cleans extremely thoroughly and doesn't leave skin dry or tight. I once forgot to remove eye makeup before hopping into the shower and I thought, o well, I will just do it after I clean my face with Shu. But when I came out of the shower, I had no vestige of eye make-up at all! The Shu took it all off, including waterproof mascara. Imagine how thoroughly it must have cleaned the rest of face. HG for sure.

on 9/24/2008 11:13:00 AM

Upon buying the products from Depsea Line, I got a generous sample of High Performance Balancing Oil (enriched). This oil does leave the face absolutely clean by removing impurities. Although the website claims that the given product is suitable for dry skins and drier climates, it made my skin feel unpleasantly tight and had some patches along my jawline. Perhaps this Shu Uemura's cleansing oil was unsuitable for my skin type. I might try Brightening Cleansing Oil because the latter is said to be "gentle cleansing oil [that] leaves the skin appearing more even-toned, translucent and smoothed". Given my bad luck with cleansing oils in general, I try to find a sample before buying a whole bottle.

on 8/31/2008 9:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I used this religiously for over a year, I purchased the giant bottle and that lasted a long time... so price wise it's definitely worth it. This is a great makeup remover, it takes everything off and makes my skin feel clean without tightness. The thing is, a few facialists at different places have all told me the same thing: mineral oil enlarges pores over gradual use and shu uemura uses this particular type of oil. And one of my biggest concerns is large pores........ so it's goodbye to this product. And although I love this texture and it does the job of a cleanser well enough, the best thing for combination/sensitive/acne-prone skin like mine is to use a milk cleanser for taking of make up followed by a gel cleanser, like Mario Badescu's Enzyme cleaser (see my other review).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! I think it works so much better than the MAC Cleanse Off Oil (which I did like). It takes off all of my eye and face makeup. I have dry skin and I love how it leaves a light moisturized feel afterwards. I don't follow up with a cleanswer afterwards as I feel this is sufficient.

on 4/23/2008 3:24:00 PM

I was so hoping this would be the one because the very pale oil (I can never distinguish which ones is called what) was too drying for my skin. Good thing I got a sample before taking the plunge, because this broke me out big time in 2 days of usage. I am now moved on to the green oil and hope it works.