December 20, 2014 | 1201 users online

Makeup Brushes - Alexis Vogel - Powder Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by smiling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Paul Monea Owner of Alexis Vogel Cosmetics, and Makeup connection Knowingly charged customers for makeup kits, and goods that were not in stock, and did not ship the products for months if ever.

He discontinued Alexis Vogel Web site, and started Makeup Connection pretending that Alexis Vogel was purchased by another makeup company. It in fact was not he was the owner of the old company, and is pretending he was not.

He also has not been shipping the same cosmetics that customers think that they are purchasing. He has changed formulas, and is passing the cosmetics off as the same formula.

The owner can has laid off all of his employees except for his mother, Gayle Monea, and his girlfriend Gina.

His business is in jeprody due to the high volume of chargebacks he has received, and the fact that the credit card companies are now penalizing him for these chargebacks.

The last three employees that were let go were being paid under the table, since he could not afford to pay the pay roll company ADP to produce real legal paychecks.

Also the last three employees have yet to be paid for their final work week, and for the shortage on their paychecks.

Be ware if he can not pay his employees how can he provide the products he is supposedly shipping?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Are brushes supposed to scratch your face as you use them?

No? Well, I guess this isn't a very good brush then. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2004 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the below reviewer. Know what? They work - they work well, actually. But I would never be caught dead with these cheapy brushes, despite that they work (and I have to shockingly reiterate, they actually do!) For how pigmented her stuff is, they pick up the right amount of everything. I even prefer the liner to my own, more refined liner brushes. Crazy. ABsolutely crazy. Would I buy again? Nope. But I like using them, I admit it. Oh, the big fluffy brush I never ever use. I have *much better * brushes than that, and I don't use her products for my foundation, concealer and powder, so maybe that's why I never reach for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got this brush off Ebay for less than $8....to tell u the truth, its not as bad as i thought. It blended my makeup fairly well and the bristles are quite soft. I'm satisfied with this brush, although i would never repurchase. *UPDATE* after i washed this with soap and water....it dried into brittle hair and doesnt feel as soft as i first bought it...boooo to this brush....sonia kashuks is waaaaaay better!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2003 12:24:00 PM More reviews by raesinhl82

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AWEFUL, Cheap, synthetic things. I have felt better brushes at the 5 and 10 store.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2003 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

awful. i've had drugstore brand brushes better than these.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2003 5:44:00 PM More reviews by thequester73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its a pretty cheap brush. I like my Prescriptives brush much better.