October 21, 2014 | 1792 users online

Fragrances - Escada - Magnetism

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's different now than it was eleven years ago... isn't it? Sure, it's still sweet and loud and overtly sexy. Caramel, vanilla and pineapple, even a little basil are all still around. But, my latest bottle lacks that abstractly kinda sparkly, peppery, effervescent tingle that I remember. I'm in mourning the magnetism of 2003😔 sadly I won't repurchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blind buy based on reviews. I find this a perfume to wear at night...very sweet and spicy at the same time cant really explain it

Edit: Its too overwhelming for me now and makes me sick. The bottle is annoying and always falls over

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

All the so called "modern" perfume makers better take heave because this is one of the few sweet fragrances done RIGHT. Is starts off with a sharp sweet note, almost syrupy, but then it evolves. First, to a fruity floral mix. Then, to a clean beautiful floral drydown. The secret to it's success in my opinion lies in the green/floral notes that offset the sweet ones just right, creating a harmonious, well integrated fragrance.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

Great night-time/ Winter day scent. It turns a bit minty on my skin, even though it's a sweet scent. It's an unusual and interesting fragrance. Smells very green at first, like crushed grass. It dries to a beautiful thick caramel/vanilla and powdery musk. I've had this in my collection for a few years and I really like it. It's very different to most Escada perfumes, which I don't like, because they are too teenager-ish and fruity.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I hated this scent! This smells like basil and baby powder on my skin! I wish I could of smelled more of the black currant and the vanilla notes. Oh well :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

This is a scent that I've had for years and I always seem to come back to it. I'm constantly on the lookout for something new and wonderful and my perfume library is VAST, so vast that I often forget how amazing this is. Honestly thinking of just getting rid of everything except for this one. It's a perfect combination of spice and vanilla. I don't normally care for sweet smells, but this is just...perfect. It's sexy, spicy, sweet, smooth and creamy. Absolutely love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Evdoxia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

Packaging: tall fuchsia bottle that tapers at the bottom. Very prone to falling over.
Season to wear this: fall/winter
Overall rating: 4.5 ish

When I first sprayed this perfume, I was overwhelmed with a very green, leafy, grassy smell that was fresh, but powerful. I walked around for a bit after putting the bottle back, deciding that it wasn't for me. Then this heavenly warm spicy vanilla/caramel/sensuous aroma surrounded me, and I had no idea what it was. I took another whiff of my wrist, and I almost broke an ankle running back to the perfume shop to buy Magnetism.
To those of you wondering about the similarities between this and Pink Sugar: they are similar in that they drydown to a sweet deliciousness, but Magnetism puts this twinge of mature spiciness into the scent that evolves this into a more mature scent for the 20-30s age. And whattayaknow?! I'm 20 now! This might be a little cloying if sprayed too much because it is powerful and lasts a long time. Older ladies may find it a little too "young", but Pink Sugar is a like a bubbly teenager to the more sophisticated Magnetism. I would repurchase this again as a sensuous, sexy winter/fall scent. This is absolutely gorgeous.

Update: For some reason, after I wear this for more than a couple of hours, I get a horrible headache. I can't wear it as often as I'd like, which is knocking me down a couple stars :( It was nice when I first bought it, but now the smell is getting to me. Even only one spray is too strong for me!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I got this as a gift from a relative but I must go and buy a bottle now that mine is done. It's addictive and beautifully composed... Seamless transition from green smelling to fruity to deeper more perfumey blend with vanilla. I love it so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by ChanelleHickford

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the scent but it gives me a terrible headache everytime I wear it! Doesn't matter where I spray it or how much I spray. If you get headaches from scents easily, I recommend against this!