October 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - Lip Sheer in Tender Lips

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are described as sheer and hydrating with a semi-matte finish. I agree about the semi matte finish but I don't find these sheer or hydrating at all. They are about medium coverage, not really sheer but not opaque either. They aren't hydrating but they are not drying either (which is fine with me). I actually like the fact that this is semi-matte because I can easily dab it on as a stain.

Online, Tender Lips is described as a sheer brown rose but on my lips and when swatched it is a pretty berry (I don't see much brown). It's a very nice "my lips but better" when dabbed on lightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by lilyeffigy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Laura Mercier sheer lipsticks are the best products in her line, in my opinion. They are definitely not sheer, but they do come in four (or five, thanks Nordstrom!) wearable shades for each occasion. I have pared down to Baby Lips and Tender Lips because they get the most use.

Tender lips is a beautiful browned rose coral with a hint of plum. It's not cool toned - it may be dead center neutral. It's MLBB when I'm tan. It would probably flatter any skin tone, although it might be a day time lipcolor for those with darker skintones.

Too light? Try Healthy Lips or Sexy Lips.
Too dark? Try Bare Lips or Baby Lips.

My favorite thing about the sheer lipsticks is that they last, leave a stain, wear evenly and actively moisturize.

For the record, I think LM stick glosses suck. They have insane slip and a wear time of, like, 5 minutes. The sheer lipsticks are leaps and bounds ahead in my book.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very pretty, wearable rose-plum with a brown base. Perfect for a classic, but more fresh version of a brightening reddish-plum lip. I blend with Baby Lips to warm it up a bit. Initially it is a bit bright for daytime but wears down to the perfect stained lip color. As others have mentioned, lets your own color show through. I prefer this one as it wears off a tad. I love all her lip sheers, Baby Lips is the one I reach for the most, followed by this. They all (except for Nude Lips) leave a really healthy wash of color, very brightening. Nude and baby lips better suited for someone preferring neutrals, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ended up throwing this out after having it for two years and never wearing it. I do like the formula - a moist-feeling, slightly sheer, natural-finsih lipstick that's isn't completely opaque. It's the color that didn't work for me, a deep brick red that clashes with my super pale NC10-15 yellow-undertoned skin. I have a ruddiness to my skin (due to rosacea) that this seems to emphasize, and it's just too dark overall. I also think it's overpriced - you don't get much product for $25 US. I do appreciate the quiet sophistication of the sleek-but-sturdy classic LM packaging. This might work for you if you like sheer but pigmented, slightly moist, brick-red lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by StellaStarlight

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been looking for a sheer lipstick which was close to my natural lip color but then some. On me this is a rosy pink which initially appears a bit too dark but it mellows quickly to a lovely natural shade. I think this color would suit a lot of skin colorings if you want to kick up your lip color a bit but don't want to go too pale and don't want a gloss look or lipstick. The only slightly negative is that I have to re-apply it fairly often if I want color on my lips but as I find it somewhat hydrating that isn't really a problem. Overall a lovely color in the Mercier line of sheer colors, most of which I love - only one is too pale for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just gorgeous. This is one of my first forays into the land of the nude, which I'd even just recently sworn I'd never visit. To those used to nude colours, this will appear much more colourful than the typical YLBB shade. But to me, this is very subtle. This is a shade that straddles the pretty/sexy line with aplomb, never losing its balance. It is sheer, soft, rosey brown on my lips, intensifying in reddishness only when piled on. It is very flattering on my NW15 skin, but I imagine it would work equally well on a warmer skin. It straddles that line, too. Superb. My first LM lipstick; definitely not my last!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Agree with previous reviewer about the amount of pigment in this sheer lipstick; good for when I want a more dramatic look. Have this in Bare Lips too for less intense color. I find that the formula is pretty moist; enough so that I need to use a lip liner to prevent bleeding (YMMV though), but then I almost always use lip liner. When I first wore it, I thought I was smelling the baking I did, due to the vanilla scent wafting up. No taste to me however. Now that I've worn it a while, it's very slight and quite pleasant (overcomes the odors at works; rather smell vanilla than the office odors or everyone else's lunch from the microwave).
1 lippie off for combination of cost (not most expensive, but nearly so) and packing (not worst but for the price, could have been prettier).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 9:43:00 PM More reviews by tlyt4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

New formuation
This lip sheer had more pigment than I was expecting, but it's still on the sheer side and lovely. A wonderful MLBB. It's definitely a neutral sheer reddish tone. The new formulation is quite nice! It goes on smoothly and smells good...I kept trying to figure it out on the way home...it smells like Creme Brulee, but it's not overly sweet or cloying. It's great! An aside, this is redder and has more pigment than Bobbi Brown Sheer Plum. The feel is moisturizing with a subtle sheen...soooo much better than the old, waxy, awful smelling formulation!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this on the pic for the laura mercier spring 2008 dreamy collection. Her makeup was so gorgeous I had to have everything! Seriously I bought like everything the model was wearing. It's not a color I would have chosen by myself, but it's so pretty. It's a sheer red color, it doesn't have any pink or cool tones. It's not as glossy and sheer as the pic but I just add a little my lip stuff lip balm over it and voila! Just like the model! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very sophisticated, elegant sheer red that really pulls together a polished look. I found it to be a little too red for a very dark smokey eye, but if you are wearing a more subdued smokey eye this lipstick offers a very nice balance. The finish is sheer but not glossy, which is what I was originally excpecting. This is a semi-matte lipstick which means your lips must be very hydrated or your lips will become dryer and look dry as well. The model in the photo promotion has gloss on over the color, and personally I believe this is a nicer way to go. A nice thing about the semi-matte texture though is that it really contributes to the longevity of the lipstick which seems to be pretty solid. A nice color but I'm not sure yet if it is something I would buy again. I think I might want something a little less drying.