November 28, 2014 | 1470 users online

Lip Gloss - Sonia Kashuk - Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so surprised with a low rating for this gloss. Since I I have SK satin luxe lip color I wanted to try her lip glosses. Luckely I found two of them on clearance for 2.68$. I have them in whisper and luscious. I don't know what is the full price , I guess 8,9$ and I do think for this price it's a good product. The texture is not very thick not very runny. It doesn't feel sticky but moisturizing on the lips. To my nose it doesn't have any fragrance ( very very subtle).
The staying power is like any other gloss which I owned before - not very long. In 30 - 50 min. I need to reapply it.
The color whisper looks nude on my lips. It's very sheer and sometimes I apply it on top of my SK barely nude lip color which makes my lips glossy and well moisterized.
The luscious color consistency is thicker for some reason and it definitely has color to it compared to whisper. This color is close to berry color. I wear it everyday when applied sheer layer, when I want my lips to stand out I put it in a thicker layer.
The applicator is not spongy one, it's a brush which actually make application more convenient and less messy to me.
Overall it's a good gloss as good as some other drugstore lip glosses.
I personally like everything about it, the package, the colors I have, the texture and the way it looks and feels on the lips.
The 4 lippis because I didn't try that much of them. I might try smth else and like it more than this one. Just in case, I left a place for growth.
I

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by scjohnson

I own four of her lip glosses, and love them, particularly precious. It's an almost-dupe for MAC Soft-Edge, which was a limited release and I've been heartbroken about finishing...when I found this colour from Sonia Kashuk, I was thrilled! I also have Fairy, Flawless, and Beauty, and I love them all. Totally worth it, especially at the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful colors, it moisturizes my lips, feels great on, tastes good (for lip gloss), but there's one problem. It's gone within half an hour. Sorry Sonia, that's a deal-breaker for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 8:52:00 AM More reviews by a1issa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a lipstick girl, but I do need to wear some color at work. I ended up picking up one of these at Target after examining all of the other options. It was a bit pricey for a tube of gloss ($8), but I rationalized it by the fact that it also came with lipliner.

However, the lipliner is colorless... so I can't exactly figure out its purpose. The gloss also tastes a little funny (par for the course, I suppose) but it's not repulsive like my Clinique lipsticks that make me cough & gag.

On the plus side, it does last for quite a while (waaaaay longer than my Clinique gloss) and when it wears off you're left with moisturized-feeling lips (there were no ingredients so I'm assuming it's a petroleum product responsible for this feeling).

Overall, I don't feel that I got $8 worth of product. But I'm pretty cheap (and poor) so spending $8 is a big deal, and I expect a lot for those hard-earned buckaroos.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by rutgutpoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not a lip gloss lover in general and do love smearing a creamy lipstick on.
I got this in Sophisticated which on my white complexion was a pretty nude shade. I like the way this stayed on longer than other lip glosses I have tried, almost for an entire hour.
It looked good but I am not a fan of the gooey feeling and greasy look of gloss in general.
This is pretty good as far as color goes and staying power.
The square tube is what made me get this.
I had hoped it would have a matching lip liner in the other end instead of the colorless little stick of hard wax.
I paid about $7.50 for this on sale at Target and wish I could get my money back.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2007 4:18:00 AM More reviews by viryi

I bought this gloss in "Sophisticated" on a whim and was surprised when I saw all the reviews here. For me, the texture is not too thin or gritty at all; on the contrary, it is quite viscous and thick, honestly maybe a little too much so for me! I found it lasted longer than many of the other glosses I've tried, and the color is a perfect peach-nude with only the slightest pearly shimmer to it. My favorite part about the product has to be the packaging, though -- the square shape ensures that it gets closed properly every time, the brush instead of the normal spongy applicator is a welcome change (could be a tad stiffer, though), and the opposite end with the translucent lipliner is a genius idea.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by epaty

I tried the lipgloss in sophisticated and looks too orangey on my NC40 skin tone. The included lipliner was rotted or old, and the lipgloss smelled bad like plastic. The texture was also horribly gluey. wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this at a discount store in Manhunt, a deep red. Having tried one of her palettes before, I expected to love it as I used the entire palette. I dont like this at all! Its messy and gooey, and is the kind of lip gloss that when the wind blows it smears on your face from your hair and gets all over your teeth. Forget about lasting. It looks great until you count to ten, then its gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lovecolors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I love most about this gloss is the lip pencil on the end. Whenever I buy gloss with a lot of color it seems to bleed all over my lip line, but with this my lips stay looking neat like I just applied. It lasts long, too--without being so sticky as many other glosses. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonBlue02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the Sweety shade, which is kind of a berry/pink color. Long wearing gloss with enough glitter to get attention but not so much that it makes you look like you're 10. The packaging is so pretty people will never suspect it came from the drugstore! Also, brush applicator makes things easier for clumsy girls like me. :)