July 29, 2014 | 1939 users online

Fragrances - Stella McCartney - Stella- Eau de Parfum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted this to be my rose fragrance. Everything about it appealed to me. The notes. The natural ingredients. The promise of simplicity. And, it's widely available which is so unlike most of my favorite fragrances.The thing is it doesn't smell at all to me like I imagine it does when I read about it or the fawning reviews. Whether I sniff from the bottle or apply it on my skin, the result is the same and it is unpleasant: wilting roses sitting in a vase of stale water and white wine in a box. :( The longer I wear it, the more nauseating it becomes. The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Of all the fragrances I have gone through and am wanting to replace the most, this is the one. I have a near empty bottle with one application left sitting on my boudoir. I need to just go out and buy another bottle for heavens sake! I NEVER thought I would like a rose scent. The ones I have smelled were mostly nauseating. This, however is so rich and TRULY smells like a rose with woody accents. I feel instantly sexy (whether or not I LOOK sexy) when I wear this. Very unique scent -there's nothing exactly like it out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY SCHMOLY I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE. I had previously used Hot Couture by Givenchy for about four years and I got really tired of it. I went out and bought the Chloe EDP which is lovely and light, but I like something a little stronger, so I caved and bought the Stella EDP and it's definitely my favourite. What a gorgeous smell. It's strong but very pleasant and it lasts a long time on me, much longer than the Chloe EDP or Hot Couture did. If you're thinking about getting this perfume, just do it, it's a definite must have. I'm going to purchase the rollerball soon for my purse. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by cheshirecatds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume. I went through a phase where I was trying to find my "signature" scent, and after about two months, I finally came across Stella. It's perfectly wearable for every day - not too musky and not overly strong, so I don't have to worry about smelling offensive to anyone.
Rose is definitely the primary note here, but it's very different from the heavy, sweet, fake scent you might expect. This is much lighter - it reminds me of walking through a garden after a heavy rain, fresh and floral at the same time. It's a very romantic, pretty scent.
The only thing I wish I could change was the lasting power. I typically apply this right before I leave in the morning (7:30 or so) and it's almost imperceptible by noon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Heaven. That's what this smells like. Really fresh peony/ white floral at first then it warms up to a musky true rose that lasts for a good while before you have to spray it again. One of my favorite sents. I will buy this again and again until they stop selling it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by wathenem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very "me" fragrance, I love sophisticated, expensive smelling florals. My favorite perfume is L'eau de Chloe. Stella is very rose smelling, a much more pronounced fragrance than the light, spring-y smelling L'eau de Chloe. I've been wearing it all winter, and it could pass as either a day or night perfume. The lasting power could be better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sillage

Stella comes across to my nose as a deep rich purple jam-like rose -- almost like a "plummy rose", "grape-y rose", or "blackberry rose" -- possibly due to the combination of mandarin & amber. It reminds me of the original purple-bottle Anna Sui (which I also liked -- it always reminded me of wine & roses).

Here are the notes of Stella EDP, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Mandarin, Peony, Rose essence
Heart Notes: Rose
Base Notes: Amber

It's strong -- I find it very "perfume-y" at first spritz -- on the assertive side -- so spraying lightly is recommended. It stays strong, lasts very well, the drydown is delicious, and you can see how much you have left, since the bottle is transparent.

I'm wearing it right now and enjoy it best in cold weather -- a strong purple fruity jam-like rose, similar in tone to Givenchy Very Irresistible L'Intense (plum, rose, patchouli), Dior Midnight Poison (rose & patchouli), Euphoria, or Tresor Midnight Rose (lighter & sweeter).

Stella is very deep, rich, & delicious but doesn't smell much like actual fresh roses to me, since there are other notes going on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by addikted

Oh how I adore this fragrance, it is UNCOMPLICATED and gorgeous.

Rose, jasmine, madarin..it is a summer evening in the midnight garden, jasmine climbing over the stone walls, warmth in the air, the sound of the waves crashing in the sea, good company, late nights and secrets whispered.

There is something very reassuring about this perfume, I immediately feel safe yet enveloped in the beautiful mystery of life.

There is some science which suggests trust is more easily gained with jasmine and I would tend to believe that, there is a strange connection with people that occurs when I've worn this and met for the first time. The bottle is stunning, chic yet uncomplicated just like the fragrance, I like the graduated colouring of the glass. The deep purple is like nighttime.

I first got this in a LE roller ball pen set, when it first launched, there were four purple glass pens in a box and it was the perfect way to have this fragrance. Easy to carry in a bag to apply to the wrists. It's one of those perfumes you can't stop smelling, it's divine. And not at all heady or cloying, yet it has a reasonable time before you no longer smell it. It's a scent that someone grabs your wrists and deeply inhales, then does it again.

Stella has stripped away all the complications of fragrance here and has left us with something..pure. To me it is lovely day or night, but I think it is best at night in summer, with that jasmine.. Though it is comforting enough to be a gorgeous winter scent too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

This reminds me of Chloe, which makes sense because they share similar notes (rose, peony, amber). I personally prefer Chloe, but Stella is a good perfume too. I'm just so in love with Victoria's Secret Noir Tease right now, so it's tough for a fragrance to get a 5 star rating for me at this moment. If you love the smells of roses, I definitely recommend this. Very feminine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved this. It's one of my all time favorite fragrance. The rose scent is just right, not over powering. I usually wear this at work or evening and been receiving so many compliment. Last but not least it has a good lasting power.