Stella McCartney Stella- Eau de Parfum

4.1

on 8/16/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My review is for the old/original formula & I'm disturbed to read that it has been changed? I purchased this when it first came out and fell in love. Stella is one of the few non-synthetic, organic scents available commercially (true at the time I purchased it -circa 2007ish, anyway) & the difference is obvious & profound. It contains little more than rose along with lots of amber to sweeten it up. One of my all-time favourites!!! By Stella McCartney (yes, she's the daughter of John & Linda & stays true to their healthy, honest, pure & organic principals w/ this truly beautiful creation).

on 7/1/2015 10:26:00 AM

THEY NEED To BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA. You will know if you own the old formula because the neck of your bottle, where it reads 'Stella', is silver. The new reformulated scent has a gold neck.

Hardly any rose in the new scent. No depth at all, unlike the old, unique formula.

TOO DAMN BAD.

on 7/1/2015 2:48:00 AM

WARNING- THIS IS FOR THE NEW (I think 2014 version)

Moth***fcker!they've changed it...
this is nothing....just peony fragranced, sour water...
no comment...

old one was THE ONE....

just.no.comment!

on 5/11/2015 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

My signature scent! Perfect for evening. Won't ever be without it!

on 4/20/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

At first spritz, Stella is citrusy. Drydown is english rose and amber.

I apply this with a light hand because it has a tendency to be cloying to my nose.

I love the smell of roses; however, this particular rose fragrance doesn't wow me enough to reach for it more than once a week, if even that often, so the travel spray size is perfect.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Rose is one of my favorite notes! I also adore peony and amber. I had to get past the name of this, for personal reasons. One of the most insufferable people I've ever known is named Stella, lol.
I gave this a spritz at Sephora and experienced its dry down and staying power. The rose is there; it's not just part of the blend or a backup singer. The dry down was great, too. Not powdery or odd. I could still smell this the next day. Ordered a bottle of my own and we are very happy together.
The bottle is pretty; it's a little bit of a hassle getting the lid off. I'm not a big perfume buyer, so I don't know if this is common.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

True story. January 6, 2015.

I got up feeling really sick today. It's the coldest day of the winter so far and I didn't feel well at all just thinking about the freezing temps outside and me standing at the bus stop in the dark, shivering. But last night before going to bed, I had sprayed on some Stella.

The beautiful creamy scent lasted all night, got me up and out of bed, and within a few minutes I was feeling alot better. It was because of the Stella. It revived me. I am not kidding.

This perfume is MAGIC. If you love soft florals - with a dominant rose note - without a trace of fakery - no chemical notes whatsoever - you will love this. I now am going to order several more bottles. It's a perfume that's actually good for you, in my experience!!

PS: If you live in Canada, you'll probably have to order online because SDM and Sephora (at least the one where I live) don't carry Stella anymore. Dang.

on 12/26/2014 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have a story to tell about this perfume. It is seriously more than a fragrance, it's an absolute man-magnet.

I have, and always have had, trouble with fainting spells - they happen very frequently. I don't know why, the fact is I'm just a fainter. It can happen anywhere - at work, which is embarrassing, in shops, which is even worse, and, in this particular scenario, a packed high street. Super embarrassing, I know. Anyhow, I happened to be wearing my signature scent, Stella, at the time (four years ago) which I've adored since I bought my first bottle - and have always been addicted to its warm, clean, rich, deep rosiness. It wears well and lasts all day and night with a little spritz on me, and I love how it smells like a REAL rose - no synthetic or artificial notes here. I really do picture an English garden rose in full bloom, just about to wilt, as Stella McCartney herself intended. For any Disney fans, like myself, I always imagine the enchanted rose in the bell jar in Beauty and the Beast too.

So, I felt the fainting spell coming on as I tried to push through the crowded high street. I was finishing some Christmas shopping and only had one more shop to visit. Maybe it was the amount of people, maybe it was the cold, maybe I was just really stressed - we all know what a nightmare Christmas shopping can be - but my ears began ringing and I collapsed in the middle of the street, dropping all my shopping bags full of presents.

Anyhow, when I came to I found I was being assisted by this really nice young guy. Other people crowded round to see what was going on and to try and help, but he sat me up and led me over to a bench, and gathered all my scattered shopping for me. I thought he was pretty good-looking and was mortified at the state of myself, eek. I knew I would be all pasty and not looking too good. But he sat with me until I felt better, asking if I needed an ambulance. As I recovered he introduced himself after asking my name, and made sure I was ok to get home. He then asked for my number, which shocked me a bit given that I was definitely not at my best.

So we met for coffee a week later and it all started from there. We're going steady and have been for four years, and now we chuckle about how we met, and he jokes about how it was only my Stella that had attracted him to me that day - apparently I smelled a lot better than I looked, which I'll vouch for. But it still makes him lean in close to breathe it in, and I know I'll never change my scent.

Hope you enjoyed this anecdote, and I can tell you now that if you are thinking of trying this fragrance, don't hesitate - you never know what could happen when you're wearing it. All I can say is that men adore it - it's sexy, soft, feminine, unique and haunting. I'd never be able to forget it.

on 10/5/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this. I wanted a rose scented perfume to wear and first tested out the infamous Chloe and really disliked how heavy it was. I happened upon this fragrance and it's just beautiful. It's light but warm, mature but fun, etc. I will definitely repurchase this and get the bigger bottle this time.

on 7/30/2014 8:25:00 AM

sophisticated but not heavy. clean and clear rose. warm but not sweet. I like it better than ChloƩ, which is good but almost too much.

Popular Fragrances