September 18, 2014 | 894 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Drying Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Annamae1401

This thing works crazy well. It focuses on white heads with are really really deep in your skin and it's almost impossible to take out. Use at night do not shake and here is my routine:
1: wash my face with Mario badescu cucumber and seaweed facewash
2: pat my skin dry with a paper towel (to prevent bacteria spread by using a towel)
3: put on the Mario budescu toner (it say lotion)
4:then I pat on moisturizer (cerave pm) then use a q-tip to dip it and apply (do not shake the bottle and do not reuse the same q-tip
5: go to sleep with hair tied back
In the morning wash off with any face wash. I use the cetaphil gentle face wash. Then I use the same toner and moisturizer (cerave am)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by elizabethivyy

Let me start off by saying- recently my skin for whatever reason has been breaking out so badly. I'm used to getting little pimples here or there, but lately it has been all over my forehead, chin, and cheeks. Its caused my skin to look extremely red and irritated.

I have been using this for about a month now as a spot treatment almost every night. I have noticed that it doesn't miraculously clear up every single blemish, but it does noticeably shrink and reduce the redness on them so they aren't as bad.

The first day I got this my boyfriend knocked the bottle off the sink and it shattered due to it being glass, but I ordered another one right away and I am so happy I did.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Sue90114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've experienced acne too which is why I tried a number of products hoping to get rid of the blemishes and the breakouts that make my skin look and feel quite lumpy and sensitive, but this product I also tried among others just didn't work for me. I tried it for a while just on its own, and really didn't see any results worth raving on about, just that my acne seemed to get slightly more irritated. This is why I'm focusing on alternative products, which work deeper which is why I came across these capsules that I take daily from biocorrex. It's so refreshing to know it's working miracles on my skin my acne has gone down! So happy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by larissawan

I've had this for a month and have used it almost everyday. It's not a miracle product. Some acne shrinks, some don't. It didn't prevent future break out, neither does it cause more breakout. Overall, I can do without this product. I am still on the hunt to find a product that would work on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I used to break out, I did like this drying lotion. It appears to be calamine mixed in with some alcohol. It reduces the immediate inflammation and reliably decreases the size of the pimple.

It never irritated my skin either but then again I was only applying with a cotton swab to certain areas of my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by kminton

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Doesn't make cystic acne go away in one use but it definitely diminishes and drys then out. I can go from perfect skin to 4 or 5 blemishes and this works in 2-3 uses. I would definitely buy this product again. It does dry your skin out but that is what it is supposed to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by catglass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the plastic bottle because I tend to be clumsy.. I don't know if the bottle had something to do with why this product didn't seem to work for me. It might be because I just get a few small pimples occasionally, and when i put this on them overnight, I don't see much, if any, difference in the morning. I'm searching more spot treatments and reading reviews to see if I can find a better one. Probably won't repurchase unless something miraculous happens next time I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Cindyywong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is definitely my holy grail product. I've been suffering mild-severe acne & pimples for 2 years, can't believe I've never found out about this product! It may be really hard to get used to applying this, because you need to make sure the product is placed upright on a flat surface before you can dab your cotton bud in for application. This is definitely an effective treatment without over-drying your skin (suitable for oily - combination skin). It only dries out your pimples, even if you accidentally applied outside the affected area. I think it takes about 3-5 days for the pimple to really subside as well as the pain from acne. It may sting a lil when applying to erupted pimples, but it'll soothe it the next day (more effective towards erupted pimples, because of the calamine ingredient). Also, the good thing about this treatment is that it sort of cover up the pimples with its pink formula, so when you look into the mirror, you can't see the redness and you wouldn't feel that upset cause of the pimples :).

I'll definitely recommend this to those suffering from severe acne, if you have dry skin, try applying moisturizer and wait a few minutes before applying this treatment. :) IT WORKS.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by CliniqueGeek

If I ran out or lost this product, I would drop whatever it is I was doing and go buy more. Lots more.

I have struggled with acne on and off for most of my teenage/young adult. I'm happy to say that as a 25 year-old with less stress (I laugh as I type that...) I've grown into clearer skin. Tip: eliminating meat also worked wonders for me. Needless to say, I was disappointed a few days ago when not one, not two, but FIVE cystic pimples showed up on my face. I blame hormones, my caffeine addiction, and the fact that my wedding is oh, I don't know, three weeks away!!!

I read about M.B.'s Drying Lotion here on Makeupalley and thought "For the price, it must be somewhat effective." Boy - was I wrong in a really great way. For this price, I was just expecting some results. I was not expecting a miracle. Much to my surprise, a miracle is exactly what I received!!

The smallest of the cystic pimples - one I sheepishly admit I had already popped, scabbed up and fell off overnight. The largest one, the size of a nickel!!, decreased in size by 50% the first night and today (the second day) is about 20% of its original size.

But wait! There's more!! This cream dried up a cold sore! I know, I know. Ick. Cold sores. I hadn't gotten one of these in nearly two decades. Of course it shows up the month of my wedding. But one night with Mario, a healthy dose of Carmex, and that sucker is gone!!

I am a fan for life. There was some drying of the skin, flaking of the blemishes but oh my gosh - isn't that the point? I moisturize with aloe and use an alcohol-free toner, so restoring the moisture is not much an issue.

Some users have mentioned the smell. I'm actually one of those weird folks who loves it. I'm a lover of all things herb-y and mentholated. The packaging and separation are so trippy! It felt interesting to use.

Long time reader, I finally decided to join Makeupalley just because this product has proven to be effective for me for not one but two troubling issues.

tl;dr: I love this product! It annihilates cystic acne and cold sores.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by tanbaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The Mario Badescu drying lotion changed my life. Seriously. I heard about this on Make Up Alley and 10 mins after, I was out the door, headed to the nearest Sephora.

The first time I used this - I didn't have too many expectations. I just dotted my ugly pimples with this and went to bed. The next day, even the most stubborn pimple had shrunk down. I have no idea how I was surviving before I met this wondrous product of light.

The only problem I have with this is the packaging. It's not so easy to put in a q-tip and take it out - and I hate getting the product all over my hands. Still, this won't stop me from re-purchasing.

Highly recommended!