Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

3.4

Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol,Deionized Water (Aqua), Calamine, Camphor, Colloidal Sulfur, Salicylic Acid,Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc 5/20/09

on 2/1/2015 12:01:00 AM

i bought this because of the hype... i must say it has helped stop some newly formed pimples from developing into bigger zits. i use it at the first sign of a pimple and in two days its gone.. very happy with this product.

on 1/29/2015 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product does a great job of drying out a pimple when come to a head, aka pustule, I feel some of the negative reviews are due to applying this lotion on whiteheads/blackheads or cysts. Its's formulated to dry out a pustule. Works very well for that purpose. I apply it to the zit at night with a q-tip and let it work overnight. I find that it dries up the blemish within 24-48 hours. Definitely has stopped me from doing "self extractions" which lead to long standing hyper-pigmentation (like months before they fade).

This line has other products to address other type of "acne". Look at the drying cream for white heads, silver powder for blackheads and buffering lotion for cysts (note the buffering lotion doesn't work for me but other products do well)

Unfortunately this product did not work for me. This product didn't do anything for my skin. I bought this becuase of all the good reviews thinking it will be amazing. it did nothing for my acne. i put this on with a qtip just like the directions. i saw no change in my acne. i ended up just throwing it away. NOT WORTH THE MONEY

on 1/10/2015 3:04:00 PM

It seems to work. However, I urge you NOT to rub your eye in the night. I did this last night and went to the ER because I could not remove solid pieces of the drying lotion from my eye that must have come off my face and landed by my eye just so. They flushed my eye, stuck in pH strips, and then picked out the pieces with a Qtip. I have some abrasions from the ordeal and need to apply some antibiotic ointment to my eye.

on 1/2/2015 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is alright, but didn't help me with my acne. I bought it as part of a kit that came with buffering lotion and drying cream. It says it's specifically for whiteheads. I don't get that type of acne very often, but when I did, I tried this product on it, and it didn't clear it. I had more success with the Buffering Lotion. I believe this is for a very specific type of acne that I don't have problems with and that is why I didn't see much results.

on 1/2/2015 2:46:00 PM

A skin care must have. Does what it says it will do. When I have a pimple I put it on in the even and sleep with it on. In the morning it always reduces or flattens out. On deeper pimples like cystic acne, it's not as effective because I feel this formula is more for surface to mid-level treatment of the skin. It stings a little when you put it on, but you know it'll work. It is a drying lotion after all.

on 12/21/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

iconic pimple remover! This is one of those few products that I just keep re buying, witch says something cuz I am big product junkie, I love trying out new and different things I think skincare is VERY IMPORTANT! I don't know how long I've been using this its defiantly been years lol just don't remember how many. I actually this is one of the first skincare things I stared buying when I became absolutely obsessed with skincare due to my battles with cystic acne witch started like 8years ago!:P..... anyways this is a very fantastic spot treatment it works best on individual pimples trying to spread this over multiple breakouts will only make things woes! But if you have those few scattered pimples and you know a special event is coming up, this will make them completely disappear over a few nights of application, so start using asap and buy the time that holiday party or whatever it is rolls around you will get to look the way you feel, you've got nothing to lose but pimples lol.

on 12/11/2014 4:30:00 AM

Love this spot treatment so much! I notice it works better to dry out the smaller breakouts overnight than the bigger breakouts. Give the bigger breakouts a few more days with using the drying lotion at night and it'll go down. Already bought myself another bottle.

on 12/10/2014 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really is a heavy duty on your acne.. It dries them out and shrinks them. If you have fresh new acne, you out this on and the next morning it's gone! But if you have an acne that has been there for days, you need probably 2-3 days to see them dissapear. Overall a really great product but sometimes can sting

on 12/8/2014 12:50:00 AM

This is a ok spot acne treat for non sensitive skin that does not scar. This sometimes work but sometimes it doesn't. This does not work on tiny bumps under the skin only the minor small red pimples. I do not suggest using it on a large area it will cause super dry flaky scaly skin and red or dark pigmentation scars that are hard to get rid of. This left me with red, dark scars and dark patches. The skin was also itchy super flaky/scaly.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated Mario Badescu Products