October 20, 2014 | 1858 users online

Lipstick - Kevyn Aucoin - Expert Lip Tint in Samilke

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a lovely color. A strawberry rose that is very flattering to my NW10 (very fair and cool toned) skin. Whenever I wear it, it just brightens up my whole face, and it works really well with lots of blush and eye combinations, although I prefer to wear it with pale pink cheeks or peachy-pink cheeks. The staying power is really good, too. I also use this as a cheek stain, blending a little bit on each of my cheeks. The staying power is great as a blush, too. Lately I've been wearing Samilke on my lips with a little Samilke on my cheeks topped with a bit of tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Glisten. One tube has lasted me a long time because this is fairly pigmented. I plan to get another tube so I can have one at home and one in my purse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by dachua

I usually do not buy high-end lipsticks, but I guess I wanted to see if I was missing something! I purchased this based on reviews here--and honestly, I don't get it. This is a nice bordering-on-bright basic mauvey pink. The texture is smooth, and I found the staying power to be average to poor. This is a nice lipstick, but I just don't see it being worth 3 or 4 times the price of my usual lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is serious lipstick. It stays on for hours like a lip stain...at least on me it does! When I wear this one it is to commit for the day to that color. I've been wearing it all the time since I bought it b/c the color is so beautiful. I would describe it as an intense, highly pigmented strawberry-rose. I have fair skin, light brown hair, hazel eyes and it looks stunning. My favorite way to wear it is with Bobbi Brown's blush in Apricot, my KA highlighter in Candlelight, and a little mascara. Perfect! An unexpectedly fresh take on rose...finally not another drab, mauvy rose interpretation. It feels creamy and moist, and I've never experienced any feathering. There isn't any shimmer or sparkle but it's a very rich color all the same. Sheer love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by zoltan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I "rediscovered" Samilke the other week --- going thru my stash of old lippies I hadn't worn in awhile -- what was I thinking, forgetting this treasure? It really is the loveliest (if weirdest) brightish rosey color that perks up my PPP very winter-pale complexion w/o looking overdone. Perfect for school! I usu. wear cool tones, & I'm not sure if this would qualify -- it's such a complex color -- but somehow it warms up my lips while still appearing YLBB. The quality is amazing -- esp. if you swipe balm underneat - it feels weightless & lasts all day. Fab. packaging, but the real winning point is the quality of the lipstick itself. KAs color are odd -- not at all what you think you'll get. Would rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Cora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a lovely and unique color. A medium rose that manages to be vivid and natural at the same time. No brown tones, either. This is the sort of color that you could wear with an otherwise bare face and look polished. The color just brightens you whole face. Be warned, this is probably not the color you will expect from the "natural rose" description, this is not like Laura Mercier Healthy Lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2003 6:57:00 PM More reviews by fletch50

OMG! I absolutely love the formula of this lipstick! Like the other reviewers, the colour wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It was a lot brighter, while I was expecting more of a YLBB shade. It still isn't a bad colour. My only complaint about this is that I don't care for the scent, but I did find that it went away fairly quickly. I can't wait to try the other shades!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered this and when I got it I was very let down, because I was expecting it to be a blue based rose, and it's more of a warm shade. I want to say it looked like a coral rose color on my lips, I don't know if it's my coloring. I'm a ppp with fairly pigmented lips. I don't like any warm lip colors. I wish the swatch on the KA site was a little more accurate. I think this shade would be great on the right person. The formula is really great, but when a lippie is this expensive, you at least deserve to know what color your getting. It pisses me off that there are only like 2 places that sell KA in stores, so it's not like most of us can just go check out the shades at our local counter. I LOVE THIS PACKAGING! It's so luxorious! Better than any other packaging. Except maybe Versace's is a little more bougie.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2003 11:50:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have some mixed feelings about Kevvyn Aucoin's expert lip tint in the color Samilke. I love this product - the lipstick is a different texture than any other I have tried (and I have tried hundreds!). This lipstick feels great on your lips - very soft and weightless. It also has a lovely soft rose scent that I enjoy and the scent is not not overwhelming. I'm just not completely crazy for this color. It's a nice enought color - the description says natural rose, to my eyes this is a medium sort of bright mauve. It's just a little brighter than what I was expecting and what I like to wear. This is one of those situations where if I was buying the lipstick in person there wouldn't be this disappointment. It's just one of the chances I take by buying cosmetics off of the internet when they are not sold close to home. I will use this lipstick but just not as often as I would have liked. I've already place an order for this lipstick in the color Leahria which is a pinky-beige and more what I am drawn to. I do think that Kevyn Aucoin has produced an excellent addition to the lipstick world. There's no other lipsticks like his out there.