October 21, 2014 | 1362 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by JollyJo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have light brown hair and I've been using the colour 111 and it leaves me with medium blonde hair without brassiness. I have sensitive scalp and this does not break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Jennaperez0808

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Washed out just a week after.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible. The darkest ash brown number 31 covered my gray alright and turned it blue! A bright blue. After doing a little searching I see that I am not the only one, I am just glad that I decided to do a strand test first.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Eirwen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used "Soft Black" on my medium brown hair. The smell was nice and the fumes didn't sting my eyes, nose, and throat like all other chemical dyes do. It turned out to be a great color. But it ALL came out after one wash! I took a point off of the packaging rating too because the instructions said it was supposed to come with gloves but mine didn't and the box was sealed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by buttercup012801

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never take time to write reviews for anything but I felt I had to for this product. It's amazing! No, I don't work for Garnier! For years I used Clairol Natural Instincts in "dark auburn brown" as it hid my minimal grays and matched exactly my own hair color. I guess I like the fact it was only "semi-permanent". In the last few years I would go to the salon for color and touch-ups. Today I just didn't feel like the time and money so on a whim I bought Garnier Nutrisse in "dark reddish brown". It's permanent.....but so are my grays! LOL OMG! It was so NOT messy......and when I washed it out it is absolutely a perfect natural color with NONE of that remaining red on the hairline light hairs that has to blend after few washes. I even got that "remaining red" at the salon! I cannot believe how amazing this product is! I so recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by dvacco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a review for Garnier Nutrisse creme shade #90 Macadamia, Natural Light Blonde. I have used this color for the second time today. It is the most natural-looking light blonde ever for a box color! I have tried numerous light blonde colors in many brands and they all come out too light, white or golden blonde, yuck! Garnier's #90 is amazing. It is so natural looking, not too ligh, not too white, not too yellow or gold. Just the perfect baby blonde. I was a platinum blonde as a child and then my hair went to a dark blonde. I have highlights put in it and this color doesn't change the highlight, but enhances them. Honestly, I will never use another color as long as Garnier continues to make it. Please do not ever discontinue this shade or change it. Wish I had found this color when it was first available. It comes out so beautiful! I have received many compliments and people think I have my color done at the salon. I tell them it's Garnier Nutrisse #90!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the color dark brown on my dark brown hair to cover some grays because Natural Instincts wasn't cutting it anymore; the grays would reappear within 1-2 washes. So I wasn't in the market for lightening, or a drastic color change - or any real change at all, except for gray coverage and hopefully some added shine. After using Garnier Nutrisse for the first time tonight, I wouldn't repurchase for a couple main reasons:
--My overall hair color is dark brown but now my roots on the top of my head are a lighter, brassy-reddish medium brown color. WTF. The rest of the color is fine - nice, even, but the roots are not ok. The whole point of using a dye the same color as my natural hair was for a natural result, and now my roots give it away. This is my main gripe.
--The smell, omg. My eyes are still watering and I rinsed it out over an hour ago. Granted, I am used to semi-perm dye, but this is next-level toxic smelling.
On the upside, my hair is super shiny and soft, and my grays are covered for now - brassy, but covered. And it was cheap, even with having to buy two boxes to cover my thick hair. But I just can't with these stupid brassy roots.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by tayaferriss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!! Ive never had a problem dying my hair lighter in the past, I mean the worst that happens is a little bit of brassiness, but this is BY FAR the worst hair dye I've ever used. I bought the colour "medium natural blonde" and left it on for 25 minutes but it didn't look lighter at all so I continued to leave it on for an extra 45 minutes. Once I rinsed and blow dried my hair I realized that my hair turned out DARKER, how exactly does a blonde dye make my brown hair darker? I'm not sure. Definitely do not purchase unless you're prepared for the results to be the exact opposite from what the box says.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by BlueTop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I too join the chorus of all of you who now have embarassingly dark navy blue hair after using Garnier Nutrisse dark Ash Brown. This is an embrassing disaster -- you want to go into hiding -- and I see no immediate quick fixes other than to let it grow out which will take many months. If anyone out there knows of how to fix this so I can look normal again soon, please post solution.

UPDATE: A product called Color Oops available at Walgreen's and Rite Aid came to the rescue and I am out of hiding. It removed the horrible navy blue and returned me to a more normal looking color. Hope that will help some of you out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Jaycie08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the color Darkest Ash Brown. My hair was a medium brown with blonde and red highlights throughout to start. I applied two boxes to cover all of my long hair. I noticed immediately that the dye was turning blue after applying it to my head. The final outcome was blue-black hair color. I am extremely disappointed! It is very unnatural given the blue hue (think comic book, Wonder Woman). I have read other reviews with similar problems regarding this color. I won't be purchasing this color again. The packaging is misleading.