March 1, 2015 | 1962 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Permanent Creme Hair Color

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2015 9:53:00 PM More reviews by blancopanda920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not as drying as the other dyes even though the color is not as vibrant

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2015 12:27:00 PM More reviews by LadyAnglesey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is it just with us brunettes? Or us "going grey" women?

My dark brown hair has salt and pepper roots near my forehead and crown. I used this Garnier Nutrisse Permanent as directed because CVS was out of L'Oreal Excellence, (which, honestly, colors much, much darker than pictured or described...and they are aware of it. But if I go 2 shades lighter than recommended, it's spot on fantabulous!), or even a decent color Clairol.

Never using this product again! Although I chose "dark ash brown", my 1.5 inch roots came out blackish blue...emphasis on blue, (although not a light blue as I read of others here with greyish roots). I was mortified. Even my husband, who notices nothing, did a double take.

Rather than subject my hair to immediate multiple dish liquid and baking soda stripping, I wore a wig for a week. But a week later, Garnier has nearly all washed out, and the greyish roots are back just as though I'd never colored them. So much for "Permanent". I guess that's the one good lie about Garnier. By contrast, I've have other dye jobs you couldn't budge with dynamite.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2015 11:56:00 AM More reviews by AutumnGMurray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been dyeing my hair since I was 12 years old, due to a white birthmark on the crown of my head. My hair grows with small patches of white hair in that one spot, and it isn't a flattering look like Stacy London. It's more like a random spot of salt and pepper hair. My mom was a hairdresser is the past so she always dyed my roots and has been very careful not to damage my hair. No one ever suspects I dye my hair. My natural hair is dark brown, so I've been dying it that for years. I always used Revlon Colorsilk or Clairol because it was cheap and got the job done and I was never disappointed. It wasn't until I went to the store and they had ran out of Revlon and Clairol that I picked up Garnier. Let me just say, I'm not going back! I didn't realize until after using Garnier how flat my hair color looked before and how much the brands I was using lacked dimensional color. I picked up the Dark Brown 40 color creme and I have gotten so many compliments! In the sun, my hair has a pretty golden tint, which I've never had before. It looks so natural, people alway say "I wish I had your hair color!" I always tell them they can go buy it! It's more pricey but definitely worth it. I'll never go back to those flat and dull shades again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 9:48:00 PM More reviews by mya777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just so you know, the color 82 called Champage Blond has been totally changed! They do have a new picture and same color number BUT the formula is horrible! It does not cover the gray and the color has a yucky weird flat tone to it now. It also does not work for more than a month or so. I am so disappointed in the company. This color used to be great. I am researching new brands. Nothing else in Nutrisse matches the "old 82 Champagne Blond".

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Jlhenderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Besides Clairol Natural Instincts, this is the best hair dye at the drugstore. I've tried several of the shades, and each time I'm left with beautiful color, and extremely soft, shiny hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have black hair and need a root-touch up every month as my hair grows 1 inch/month. Root touch ups are $100/month at the salon, which is an astounding $1200/year, I need a cheaper and more reasonable alternative! (I also HATE sitting in the salon chair these days. I'm getting old ;)

I have only dyed my own hair once and it was a disaster. (I used L'Oreal Creme Gloss. Sucks. It is "semi-permanent" but it never washed out and the colour turned out much darker than the box.)I bought Nutrisse #53 Medium Golden Brown as I was scared that the colour would appear much darker than the box. Note: This haircolour DOES colour black hair to a lighter shade!!

Application was super easy. Thick creme, does not run, development time was 25 minutes. It didn't cover up my roots entirely. I think I will try one shade darker next time and use the product on my hair more liberally. That being said, the results are passable. It's a bit of an experiment, dyeing your own hair. Will update when I try the next shade darker.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Britishcrumpet

This was my first time colouring my hair at home and I was absolutely terrified, but I was just so fed up with paying 110 every couple of months for some highlights. I really didn't expect it to work as I had a whole mix of light brown to light blonde highlights in my hair, with about 3 inches of medium brown roots. Nevertheless, I took the plunge and bought 2 boxes of Garier Nutrisse in Camomile (100). I used one and a half boxes (which is pretty good considering I have super thick waist length hair) and left it on 25 mins on the roots and 10 mins on the rest of my hair. I was left with a perfect 3 dimensional colour from where my roots finished down, and a horrible strawberry blonde/ brassy colour on my roots. However, after spending a couple of weeks using purple shampoos and leaving them on for a good 20mins each time (I recommend John Freidas toning shampoo), it was finally the perfect blonde all over.
About 6 weeks later i had about half an inch of regrowth so I used the same colour again, but left it on the roots for about 5 mins longer and the colour came out perfect. I'm very pleased with my hair now, and looking back I'm impressed that my hair didn't turn green or something considering the number of different colours in it before!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by debrajj

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an African American with about 30% gray at the roots and temples. I've used Garnier in the past, about 4 times. I purchased # 31 for my off-black hair. OMG!! my roots turned such a blue. I called the 1-800#, the lady (supervisor) told me I would have was my hair about three or four times, until the suds or clear. Well, I washed my hair 8 times!!!. Then, I tried Dawn dish soap, (I figured, Dawn will "strip" anything clean) NOTHING!!!. She said they would re-reimburse me my money for the purchase and for another color (#30). OK, never again. I went on the internet for help. I used the baking soda and shampoo. Two shampoo's and then conditioner, and it worked.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by JollyJo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have light brown hair and I've been using the colour 111 and it leaves me with medium blonde hair without brassiness. I have sensitive scalp and this does not break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Jennaperez0808

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Washed out just a week after.