Bonne Bell Lip Smackers

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain (+/-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 7/30/2015 10:57:00 AM

Bonne Bell sold the company earlier this year and they changed the formula to the Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker and it also burned my lips and it feels like oil.

on 6/30/2015 9:25:00 PM

I've loved, loved Lip Smackers ever since I've was a six, especially the coveted Dr. pepper (however, the formula was changed and it's nasty), however I've just learned (very late) about the sale of the old company now bought by the owners of WetnWild and PF. I read in a Today article that the CEO says he's so very happy the older generations are still using the product but will still be targeting the brand to the 6-16 year olds. After reading that, I was horrified and angry! Grrrr. Read the reviews here and you'll see we're so much more older than that.

This is what he said: “But let’s face it. Women in their thirties and forties are not the consumers that will keep Bonne Bell and Lip Smacker alive. While Markwins seems to have every intention of keeping this demographic happy, they’re really after 6-16 year-olds, said George.

It worked back then. And with Markwins’ marketing renovations, it will probably work again.”

As a twenty-year-old myself and after doing some research, LS and Bonne Bell have always targeted their products to the tween, teens and this new CEO is continuing it too! I guess we "older" people don't exist. Humph! Well, I love your brands, but hate your targeting. LS and BB, you've just lost a very long-time valued customer. I'll take my business and dollars elsewhere. I guess the writing was on the wall, especially with the constant Disney-themed LS they've been churning out faster than anything else since 2011.

All of the lip smackers are cute and smell good but they are wayyyy too waxy and too much product comes off when you use it.

on 3/14/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

These are my guilty pleasure. They are actually not a bad balm, they have very good glide and give your lips a good slip. Maybe not the greatest if you have really dry lips or in the middle of winter, but you can do a lot worse. You could certainly spend more.

The flavored and scents are the whole point. Dr. Pepper is my fave, but I also like strawberry, watermelon, vanilla, cotton candy, pink lemonade and the other soda flavors. I do miss some of the older flavors. I sincerely hope that they don't change the formula after the sale. I feel dumb sometimes with the packaging when I pull it out of my purse, but hey, the 90s are coming back. So it is just vintage!

Hello fellow MUA members :) I will write my favorite flavours of Lip Smackers; I am sad they r being sold to another company:( but here goes to my tried and true scents lol:

Peppermint; Candy Cane; Ribbon Candy; Red Raspberry; Cherry; Cherry Starburst; Cherry Snowcone; Cherry Cream Soda; Dr Pepper; Dr Pepper Cherry; Cherry Coke; Black Cherry Vanilla Coke; Black Cherry; Vanilla; Red Raspberry; Pink Lemonade; Frozen Lemonade; Glistening Cherry Glaze; Berry Slush; Banana; Sour Grapes; Grape Jelly; Peach; Guava; Papaya.; Red Licorice; Lollipop, Vanilla Malt Shake

I love Lip Smacker! I use it sometimes as a base under lipstick, by itself, or over matte lipstick to get that glossy look. I have so many favourite flavours, it would be hard for me to list them all. When I started using lip smackers, my lips were peeling, chapped, dry, cracked and bleeding. And (seriously) after one day of heavy use of my lip smackers, my lips were COMPLETELY HEALED! SOFT AND SILKY! This stuff is better than ANY lip balm I've ever used! And of course, the wonderful scents and flavours are a HUGE bonus! As a kid I collected them all, as an adult... Well, I still do! Thanks for reading my review.

on 2/19/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Lipsmackers strike a good balance between oily and waxy so they go on smoothly and stay on for a decent amount of time. I'm not crazy about the flavoring since I feel like it encourages me to lick my lips, therefore chapping them and necessitating more balm. However, now that I'm older licking my lips is not a problem for me and I can appreciate that Lipsmackers are a solid well-priced product that does the job. Even though the scent is a big draw, it usually isn't too overwhelming that other people at a casual conversation distance will be distracted or comment which I appreciate.

Overall, a fun and good value product that works however there is the drawback of some white residue at the corner of the mouth on some occasions.I can't say I will personally be repurchasing because there are other products I prefer but Lipsmackers are a decent product.

on 2/17/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using these since I was 4 and started getting them in my Easter baskets and Christmas stocking. I keep about 10-15 assorted flavors in my nightstand as they keep my lips moisturized through the night. Favorite flavors are watermelon, bubblegum, dr Pepper, hazelnut chocolate, kettle corn, blueberry pancakes, and coconut cake. I will probably use these forever. Can't beat the price!

on 2/14/2015 4:37:00 PM

Best balm ever for my lips. Hands down. I've tried Carmex, Nivea, Burt's Bees, Yes to Carrots, Vaseline, Maybelline, Weleda, Alba Botanica, Nuxe, Go Smile, Kiehl's, Jack Black, and just about every lip product you can find at Whole Foods, and I always come running back to this. It makes my lips feel soft, smooth, and pillowy, and does not cause clogged pores around the lip line like I've experienced with many other products. Cheap and fairly easy to find in the states, and I spotted them at Accessorize in the UK. I especially love the root beer, thin mint, and bubblegum flavors.

on 1/18/2015 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Has always been a nice little lip balm.
Plenty of flavors and scents to choose from. There should be something for everyone.
I can't imagine growing up and never trying this.
I have since passed on to my little sister and daughter as well.

Recommended for Medium Skin