October 1, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lotions/ Creams - TendSkin - Tend Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is priced rather highly IMO, but it's the only one that truly works wonders for razor burn. I simply apply a bit of the liquid to a cotton pad to the areas I wish to treat (making sure they are dry). There is a slight tingle/burn immediately upon application which only lasts for a second or two (max), and viola! - the redness/irritation is gone. It works wonders (even in bikini area)! It does not leave the areas of application dry or irritated afterward. Worth the price, and highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by nikki342

I used to use this product after epilation...however, after awhile i noticed how damaging epilation was in the long run so i put that, along with this product, to the side. Recently though, i start using it as an aftershave, and yes, i am seeing results!

unfortunately, i have been blessed with coarse, thick, dark hair that grows back at lightning speeds on all the parts where i do not care for it. (If only my head hair was like that!) anyways, this means if i want bareable skin, i must shave AT LEAST every other day. unfortunately along with this hair, i am also blessed with sensitive skin which makes shaving every/every other day super irritating. Since using this product, i no longer have the "chicken skin" i would experience after shaving. i also see a reduction in red bumps/ingrown hairs esp on my under arms.

i have found this product most effective by dabbing it DIRECTLY onto skin shortly after shaving (i just flip the bottle over onto the skin and smooth over with my fingers). This gives me better results than the cotton ball/t.p technique. It stings, but even with my sensitive skin it is not irritating, just seems to be clarifying the pores from deodorant/sweat/soap buildup.

Along with this product, i have incorporated these changes into my shaving routine: a fresh blade, using a lighter grip/applying less pressure, fewer passes on skin, and i switched my Degree deodorant to Dove, which is a lot more moisturizing. I imagine these changes are making a major difference as well which is why i mention them.

Typically, i only use this after shaving, which is every other day for now in the winter months. but i am going to try to use it everyday and see if that completely reduces my bikini line bumps. ill post an update!

Hope this review helps, and PS i would try the homemade version first, since this stuff does really just smell like rubbing alcohol!

**UPDATE: I believe using it everyday is a bit too drying for my underarms and bikini line. I would need to buy a more moisturizing deodorant to counteract the drying effects this product has. As for the bikini line, applying Aquaphor Healing Ointment seemed to do the trick! It restored the moisture lost by tend skin. (my underarms get this from Dove deodorant, which is why I got better results there.) But now my bikini line looks and feels better: the pores are claryfied and the skin is supple, soft, smooth and razor bump/ingrown hair freeeeeeee!**

Minor tips/tricks:
*USE DEODORANT!!!! Yes, you must use deodorant! This doesn't keep you sweat and odorfree plus this product is drying on skin. You will feel sticky and nasty. Trust me I made the mistake, and it was not pretty. I got the worst chafing you could imagine. It looked like I had gotten a wax no joke thats how red they were!
*USE AFTER SHOWER when your pores and clean and open
*USE AQUAPHOR ONLY AFTER THIS PRODUCT its too moisturizing/oily and will clog your pores if just used alone.
*PUT DIRECTLY ON SKIN
*TRY HOMEMADE ONE FIRST this stuff is pricey
*PAY ATTENTION TO OTHER PARTS OF YOUR SHAVING ROUTINE too!

Good luck ladies!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Doesn't completely rid me of irritation in the bikini area, but is certainly a hell of a lot better than nothing. My skin is very fragile and sensitive due to Accutane so eventually I gave up and bought the smallest bottle of this from FeelUnique. It lasts for AGES, I've been using this at least daily for over two months and I'm only halfway through the 118ml bottle.

I'm sure if I used it like twice a day religiously then I'd be free of irritation but that doesn't seem that healthy considering this is basically just alcohol. It stings momentarily after application but I kinda like it because it heralds the imminent disappearance of the dreadful itch...truly amazing. This got rude quite quickly. Anyway, give it a go! Also, it smells like lighter fluid, but you will learn to love that also.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

I'm on the fence about this product, but I keep buying it, so it must be doing something right lol. I have had laser hair removal on my underarms, which is where I mostly used to use this product. I've had laser hair removal on my legs as well, but I found AMLACTIN lotion to control the bumps on my legs, so I no longer need it there. But my bikini area needs it from time to time, and I can say it works well. The smell just lingers a bit... but when I need it to does come to the rescue.
When I did use it on my underarms, I can say that it worked so-so. But seems to do better on my bikini area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This prevents razor bumps and ingrown hairs. That's what it does, that's why I buy it, it's a staple item for me, and it works 100% of the time. Yes it stings for a few seconds, but that's the only negative thing I have to say about it. Never lets me down. Excellent product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by denns

The best and only thing I use for ingrown hairs (and I get them all over my body). Sure, its a bit drying but thats what helps it work. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff and can't live without it. I use it on my bikini line, underarms, legs (I get ingrown the tops and backs of my thighs pretty bad) and it helps to smooth and eliminate bumps everywhere. I don't love the price but I'm willing to pay because it WORKS.

This will help to get rid of your already ingrown hairs, but its also wonderful as a preventative measure too. After shaving/waxing/epilating, swipe some of this one every day for 2-3 days and you won't get any ingrowns. It helps to keep the area clean and the pores free of clogs. WARNING though: This stuff will, and does sting pretty badly if you use it after you epilate and wax. With shaving, its fine because you aren't ripping the hair out and introducing the product directly into the pore. For the love of all that is holy, do not apply this to your underarms right after epilating, or you'll crumple into a ball on the tile, wincing in pain for 30 seconds until the throbbing subsides.

See? All that and its STILL my HG. Ain't nothing better.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great product. Dries my skin out and gives it the peelies if I over use, but this stuff does what it claims. Love it for razor burn, shave bumps, ingrown hairs and pesky pimples from shaving. Love. Bought the roll on and refill.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Anneexo

This is kind of a TMI-review, just to warn you :)))
I've had this nightmare the last 5 years with razor bumps and ingrown hairs "down there" - and i've tried everything: shaving, waxing, epilating, tweezing, exfoliating, using special soap, skin tonic, etc. Nothing worked.
Then I saw this product here on MUA, and bought it on beautybay.com (it's cheaper there than most places I found out)
I've used it for almost a month now and I see huge difference already.
I've still got some scars from the past years (which hopefully will disappear when time passes), but I don't get any new nasty razor bumps - yay :D
I do get a little bit of ingrown hairs, but then I just use the product more on the ingrown hair, and then I can just pull it out with a tweezer and everything is "back to normal".
I use it morning after bath or epilating (I epilate the bikiniline without problems now), and right before going to sleep at night - I just put some on a cotton ball and put it on like skintonic on the face.
I don't think the smell is as bad as others say - not compared to the effect!!
And after almost a month, I've used 1/3 of it, and definitely going to repurchase :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by anneschmidthansen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is kind of a TMI-review, just to warn you :)))
I've used it for almost a month now and I see huge difference already.
I don't think the smell is as bad as others say - not compared to the effect!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I was given 2 samples from my wax salon as I had just gotten a brazillian and they said that this would prevent ingrown hairs and was a good chemical exfoliator.

I have been using it everyday since I got it for the past 2 months. I do notice a difference between using this and not using anything.

I use it after I get out of the shower. I wet a cotton pad and wipe the parts that I got waxed. I do this once a day.

If you use it right after shaving/waxing/whatever you did...you might notice a sting on areas that has small cuts/open pores as this does contain alcohol. The stinging goes away within a couple of seconds.

The smell is horrible though. It smells SO alcoholic, like rubbing alcohol, that it is annoying..however I just hold my breath in whenever I use it..which is only for a couple of seconds.

I have noticed a great difference in that there's less ingrown hairs and less bumps. I also get less irritation too.

Since I got free samples, I don't actually know how much this retails for at my salon. However, Amazon has it for $16.52 for 8oz. It seems a tad expensive, but considering it does give you a world's difference and you only need the tiniest bit, I might consider buying it.
The only thing that's stopping me from purchasing a full sized bottle is the price.