TendSkin Tend Skin

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

I've had this product for 2 days, I've used 4 times and all my ingrown hairs around my bikini lines are gone and the bumps are starting to disappear! Miracle worker!

on 3/18/2015 1:49:00 PM

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!

I recently tried epilating but I guess it's not for me because I have hundreds of ingrown hairs on my legs. I decided to put my epilator away after 3 sessions before it ruins my legs, also after reading horror stories about them online.

I started using Tend Skin 2 nights ago and almost half of my ingrown hairs are popping out now. Of course I still had to lift them up with a sharp pointed tweezer that I bought specifically for that purpose. This product really does what it is supposed to :) I'm so happy that I've seen results so quickly.

The only thing I do differently, is that I do not apply this product with a cotton ball especially after reading about how that makes you use too much. Instead I just pour it on my skin and quickly rub it in.

The smell isn't too bad either and also about the price, for what it's worth and compared to how good it works, it's worth the price if you want smooth legs without ingrown hair :) It does not sting for me and I don't understand why either because I was expecting it to sting when I applied it. But either way it's still working for me :)

I highly recommend that every woman should use this product with their daily beauty routine, it is worth every cent and it really does what it says it does.

I'm almost positive that my legs will be cleared up by the end of next week :) This product is a life saver!

on 3/12/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

BEST PRODUCT EVER.

Little bit about me:
I started shaving my legs at an early age and didn't realize that I have the most sensitive skin ever until I had so many ingrown hairs, YOU COULDN'T EVEN SEE MY LEGS ANYMORE!!! The doctor told me to stop shaving and start waxing, which I did, but it didn't make that much of a difference... I would still get in growns and believe me they were so noticeable to the point where I didn't want to show my legs anymore.

My friend introduced me to Tend Skin and, I kid you not, the day I started using it was the day I stopped getting in growns! I'm all for instant gratification and this product delivers that indeed!

Definitely recommend this!!

on 2/10/2015 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Its pretty bad if you have dry skin. I used it for 3 weeks and had to stop because it dried me out so bad it made the problem worse in places where i already had them. It is good as a post wax treatment though.Still very annoying/messy to apply and smells really strong. It's not very cheap either. I would recommend amlactin and an acne medication with salicylic acid.

on 1/20/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this stuff. Since my pregnancy I had suffered horrific ingrown hairs. It got to a point where I could no longer even shave or wax as the irritation was so bad. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the problem including a prescription from my doctor. Nothing really helped much and I was about to try laser hair removal as a last resort. I had heard about this stuff but didn't have much faith in topical remedies any more. I decided to give it a try after about 3 weeks of twice daily application all my limps and bumps were gone. I was amazed. It does have a string alcohol smell and dries quickly. But for the job it does I think it's an absolute bargain. A must try for anyone suffering from ingrown hairs

on 7/13/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is priced rather highly IMO, but it's the only one that truly works wonders for razor burn. I simply apply a bit of the liquid to a cotton pad to the areas I wish to treat (making sure they are dry). There is a slight tingle/burn immediately upon application which only lasts for a second or two (max), and viola! - the redness/irritation is gone. It works wonders (even in bikini area)! It does not leave the areas of application dry or irritated afterward. Worth the price, and highly recommend.

on 3/6/2014 4:28:00 PM

I used to use this product after epilation...however, after awhile i noticed how damaging epilation was in the long run so i put that, along with this product, to the side. Recently though, i start using it as an aftershave, and yes, i am seeing results!

unfortunately, i have been blessed with coarse, thick, dark hair that grows back at lightning speeds on all the parts where i do not care for it. (If only my head hair was like that!) anyways, this means if i want bareable skin, i must shave AT LEAST every other day. unfortunately along with this hair, i am also blessed with sensitive skin which makes shaving every/every other day super irritating. Since using this product, i no longer have the "chicken skin" i would experience after shaving. i also see a reduction in red bumps/ingrown hairs esp on my under arms.

i have found this product most effective by dabbing it DIRECTLY onto skin shortly after shaving (i just flip the bottle over onto the skin and smooth over with my fingers). This gives me better results than the cotton ball/t.p technique. It stings, but even with my sensitive skin it is not irritating, just seems to be clarifying the pores from deodorant/sweat/soap buildup.

Along with this product, i have incorporated these changes into my shaving routine: a fresh blade, using a lighter grip/applying less pressure, fewer passes on skin, and i switched my Degree deodorant to Dove, which is a lot more moisturizing. I imagine these changes are making a major difference as well which is why i mention them.

Typically, i only use this after shaving, which is every other day for now in the winter months. but i am going to try to use it everyday and see if that completely reduces my bikini line bumps. ill post an update!

Hope this review helps, and PS i would try the homemade version first, since this stuff does really just smell like rubbing alcohol!

**UPDATE: I believe using it everyday is a bit too drying for my underarms and bikini line. I would need to buy a more moisturizing deodorant to counteract the drying effects this product has. As for the bikini line, applying Aquaphor Healing Ointment seemed to do the trick! It restored the moisture lost by tend skin. (my underarms get this from Dove deodorant, which is why I got better results there.) But now my bikini line looks and feels better: the pores are claryfied and the skin is supple, soft, smooth and razor bump/ingrown hair freeeeeeee!**

Minor tips/tricks:
*USE DEODORANT!!!! Yes, you must use deodorant! This doesn't keep you sweat and odorfree plus this product is drying on skin. You will feel sticky and nasty. Trust me I made the mistake, and it was not pretty. I got the worst chafing you could imagine. It looked like I had gotten a wax no joke thats how red they were!
*USE AFTER SHOWER when your pores and clean and open
*USE AQUAPHOR ONLY AFTER THIS PRODUCT its too moisturizing/oily and will clog your pores if just used alone.
*PUT DIRECTLY ON SKIN
*TRY HOMEMADE ONE FIRST this stuff is pricey
*PAY ATTENTION TO OTHER PARTS OF YOUR SHAVING ROUTINE too!

Good luck ladies!!!

on 2/14/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Doesn't completely rid me of irritation in the bikini area, but is certainly a hell of a lot better than nothing. My skin is very fragile and sensitive due to Accutane so eventually I gave up and bought the smallest bottle of this from FeelUnique. It lasts for AGES, I've been using this at least daily for over two months and I'm only halfway through the 118ml bottle.

I'm sure if I used it like twice a day religiously then I'd be free of irritation but that doesn't seem that healthy considering this is basically just alcohol. It stings momentarily after application but I kinda like it because it heralds the imminent disappearance of the dreadful itch...truly amazing. This got rude quite quickly. Anyway, give it a go! Also, it smells like lighter fluid, but you will learn to love that also.

on 7/5/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on the fence about this product, but I keep buying it, so it must be doing something right lol. I have had laser hair removal on my underarms, which is where I mostly used to use this product. I've had laser hair removal on my legs as well, but I found AMLACTIN lotion to control the bumps on my legs, so I no longer need it there. But my bikini area needs it from time to time, and I can say it works well. The smell just lingers a bit... but when I need it to does come to the rescue.
When I did use it on my underarms, I can say that it worked so-so. But seems to do better on my bikini area.

on 6/13/2013 6:03:00 PM

This prevents razor bumps and ingrown hairs. That's what it does, that's why I buy it, it's a staple item for me, and it works 100% of the time. Yes it stings for a few seconds, but that's the only negative thing I have to say about it. Never lets me down. Excellent product!!!