July 29, 2014 | 2039 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Vanilla EDT

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

This is a straight-up vanilla scent with a tad of powderiness to it. I got it unintentionally in a set of vanilla shower gel, soap, and lotion, and I find it's nice. Just nice. It's a very simple, sweet gourmand. I like this as aromatherapy at home (spraying my bedsheets), or when I'm baking (just to get in the mood hahaha), or maybe layer with another fragrance.

It's definitely not a must-have, and I won't even repurchase. If you like vanilla, it's nice for smelling occasionally, and that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

AMAZING!! I love spraying this at any season! Sadly, I can't find it at any of my local body shop stores :( so I think it's discontinued. If I did find it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Does anybody else lose the nice initial vanilla smell after a few minutes? It starts off lovely then drys down to a horrible wood smell!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This scent is amazing.. my God, it's delicious. However, it dosen't last. At all. So back it goes. Even the lotion. So yummy! But lasts for maybe, 20 minutes. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nice basic vanilla scent. Great for layering with other scents. Affordable too. My only complaint is the bottle. When I removed the cap, it pulled the spritzer off and left it lodged in the cap. I had to use tweezers to get it out. I was able to put the spritzer back on the bottle and I decided to just leave the cap off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would normally give this 4 stars but for the price, why not 5? I like about 20% of vanilla-heavy scents, the rest are too cloying. This is one vanilla I keep going back to. It is not that it isn't sweet and it certainly isn't complicated - so it's hard to explain why I keep it in my collection (this is my second bottle). It's simple and balanced. On me, it stays fairly close to the skin but not extremely so and it lasts fine but is not heavy. Works great in winter. I use it in tiny doses for layering sometimes in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This perfume has a straight up vanilla scent, that's all it is. no top notes, or base notes or anything just vanilla. Boring and overpowering if worn alone. BUT... i bought this for layering over other perfumes. I lovee sweet perfumes but i also love DKNY Delicious Night which is a total sex bomb perfume. Wayy too dark and rich to wear alone for me. so i put a tiny spritz of that and a mist of TBS vanilla and its the PERFECT balance.
Lasts all day too. Love this stuff for layering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love the vanilla scent from The Body Shop, it's the best scent ever! I get so many compliments when wearing the vanilla scent. I first got the body mist which I've been using almost daily since I first got it.
Now I decided to get the EDT and I definitely don't regret my purchase. Love it! The only downside is the bottle which in my opinion is a bit boring and dull to be honest. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I love gourmand type of scents so this fits perfectly with me. I actually got this from one of my best friends when we did a fragrance swap (it was 3/4 full at the time when I got it off her). This smells quite sweet and warm, but still has a slight sensual side to it as well. It is fairly strong I think, so I spray it sparingly otherwise I get a headache from it. Lasting power, not so great. Will finish what I have, but might not repurchase a bottle for myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! It is a very sweet vanilla, which some people won't like but I think it smells amazing. It is strong, but not an overpowering kind of strong, but strong enough that one spray on your neck (and possibly a wrist) will definitely be enough. When you first spray it, it actually does smell quite heavy and almost overpowering, however it smells gorgeous once it's on your skin. So if you smell it straight from the bottle and find it too strong, give it a try on your wrist anyway because in my opinion it smells nicer on skin than in the bottle. I don't wear this every day, probably about 2-3 times a week as I have a few perfumes I alternate between. It's not exactly cheap, but I wouldn't say it's expensive either as it is a good product. Overall, a lovely sweet smelling perfume, for a reasonable price, which I highly recommend.