August 20, 2014 | 1799 users online

Lip Gloss - Stila - Black Cherry Lip Glaze

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by emsthebeautyqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a smaller size of this lip glaze in the holiday lip glaze set and loved it. I was super excited to find out it was part of the permanent line, I purchased it soon after. The colour looks dark in the tube but is wearable for both day and night. It smells lovely and gives a great finish to my lips. The only drawbacks are slightly sticky consistency and the higher price point. However to me it is a great product and an investment piece.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by RioJane

Not usually a big fan of lip gloss but I love Stila Black Cherry Lip Glaze. It looks dark in the tube but I'm able to wear it for day or night. Not too sticky and doesn't bleed. Sexy color, you know something looks good on you when you even get complements from hetrosexual (and not metrosexual) men! Love it! My only complaint is considering the price I think it should be a larger size...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since Bobbi Brown's Cherry Tint has been discontinued I've been looking at every makeup line for something similar and this is it. A really pretty berry flush of color that actually has great staying power. Leaves lips feeling nourished and slightly rosy. I still love, love, love my BB Tint but this is a very close second. Great teeth whitener too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by weemanmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a tad tenative buying this as the lip glaze reviews are very varied. I love stila though, especially their lip polish so thought I would try. Was sneaky and tried color on in Mecca but no way was I paying $48 for it so bought on eBay for a quarter of price.

Gives lips a bit of a tingle, even a while after applying. The smell is gorgeous. The color is a dark cherry/berry/plum. I have fair skin with dark hair and normally wear neutrals during the day but this is a great change. Very pigmented compared to other glazes but I do not think it is too dark. Does bleed a bit around lips without lip pencil but all glosses do this I find.

Agree with others, I just do 4 clicks and wait to ensure I do not waste product, so I have no problem with the click pen and I love the brush. I also think that at the price I paid the amount of gloss is not stingy. The texture is tacky but this gives the glaze ok staying power.

Now trying to work out what other colors to get.....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lillian1717

I originally thought this color was way too dark for me, but then that was because I've been brainwashed into wearing only pale colors for oh, the last couple of years. But with all these bold reds and darker shades coming out, I decided to give it a try for the "night" look, and it's amazing!

It's a berry plum color, that looks really pretty on almost everyone. I have black hair, dark eyes, light/medium skin with yellow undertones, and I always get compliments when I wear this gloss. I had my friend who's a natural red head with very fair skin try it, it looked amazing on her too!

This review is solely for the color, because I still think the Stila lipglosses are a little sticky for me, but I will buy it again for the great color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a dark, bright, berry color. And as already mentioned it leaves a nice stain even after the gloss is gone. The smell is fantastic too. But perhaps the color is a bit too dark for me. Very pigmented. But it's nice to pair with light eye makeup. Never had a problem with the lip glaze packaging. I always click four times and pause to control how much comes out. And the brush is always nice to spread the product evenly over the lips. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 6:52:00 AM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a lip gloss junkie (only surpassed by my love of nail polish) and I love stila lip glaze.

Yes it's very sticky. Uber-sticky. So sticky your hair gets caught in it. But this stickiness makes it last forever. My boyfriend hates this stuff with a passion (he calls it she-lac). I love most of these and think they are great and love the smell EXCEPT for black cherry. It smells like medicine. It tastes like cherry flavoured medicine. It was so bad for me that it reminded me of an Iron supplement my mum forced me to drink called Incremin that came in a cherry flavour . I still adore this colour. It's a deep berry which looks awesome so I endure the smell / taste for the gorgeousness that this is.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This looks quite dark in the tube, but is a lovely dark berry shade on my lips. Very flattering to my warm, fair skin tone. I have an issue with the click mechanism (have yet to get the knack of how many clicks to get just the right amount onto the brush), but the colour, consistency and flavour is just gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by absolutbuffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am actually surprised that I could get this to work for me. It is a purpley, pinkish red (if that makes sense) but is not too dark or loud. It is a rather cool tone in my opinion and probably a color that should be seen in person before buying. I also like the scent, but I love anything cherry-flavoried. I would probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first lipglaze and is responsible for starting an obsession. The color is a medium purple pink, almost borders on a medium fuchsia but is very wearable because itís not too bright. I would guess the undertones are on the cool side but with my medium warm skin itís still flattering. Black cherry is one of the more pigmented lipglazes. Even after the shiny gloss wears off, a soft purple pink stain is left behind.