Mario Badescu silver powder

3.8

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide 5/20/09

on 8/20/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The most painless way of getting rid of your blackheads!!! I was so surprised when I wiped it off-I definitely saw instant results. Of course, it doesn't get ALL of the gunk out of your nose the first time like pore strips (which hurts like hell and not good for your skin anyway) so if you use it twice or 3x a week, by the end of the week you should see an almost-clear nose with no pain.
All you do is just dampen a cotton pad, dab it in the powder and pat it onto your nose. Then wipe it off after 10 mins with a toner (water doesn't really work). Pretty good. You can use it on your chin or middle of forehead if you want.
The only thing I don't like is that when the powder dries it flakes and falls everywhere, so you should stay pretty still while it's on.

I want to like this product, but there are a few reasons why I can't fully commit to giving it all of my love. I find that first and for most, this product is hard to apply. It says to dampen a cotton ball and dap in to the face but I find when doing that, it doesn't spread very easily on my face and the cotton ball end up breaking apart before any of it spreads, which brought me to my second option: spreading it around with my fingers. Again, it's not easy to spread. If your fingers are too wet, it loses its texture and doesn't go on correctly, but if you don't have enough water on your fingers, it crumbles everywhere and doesn't stick. Regardless of how you apply it though, it all crumbles off of your face when it dries (even before the 10mins is up that they recommend).

All in all, I find that the drying lotion works MUCH better! Easier to apply, not as messy, and gets the job done. Another plus of the drying lotion is that you can leave it on for as long as you want.

I will not buy this product again, and for how 'costly' it is, I think that there are many other products out there that can do the same for a lot less

on 6/29/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great "mask" treatment to help minimize large pores and control oil. I found it doesn't exactly get rid of blackheads, but I find it helps pull it out of the pore so it can be easily extracted. Has worked wonders on making the pores on my nose look smaller. I use this twice a week and I find did does help control with oil in my T-zone.

I apply this "mask" to my T-zone. I do not use the "wet cotton pad" technique as I found it was way too messy. I pour a little poweder into the jars cap. Then I actually dampen my T-zone with water. Then I dip my pointer and middle fingers (which are still damp--not dripping wet) into the powder (which poured into the cap) and quickly rub onto my T-zone. This technique will apply a thin film of the powder. So it's pretty liquid rather than a paste consistency. That way there isn't too much fall out as the product dries. After 10 minutes I use rosewater and cotton pads to remove.

This powder will last forever, so great price. I just wish it was in a shaker, more hygienic in my option.

on 4/3/2015 11:14:00 AM

Pretty good stuff. Certainly doesn't get rid of my blackheads, but shrinks my pores significantly to where the blackheads are barely visible.

The only true way to rid your face of blackheads is professional blackhead extraction. But if you're on a budget, like I am, then this is a great option.

on 7/9/2014 12:47:00 AM

First of all, the science behind blackheads revolves around the oxidation of oil. The silver powder removes blackheads more easily based on this. It works wonders especially after not deep cleaning your face for a couple days. Nothing will ever prevent blackheads from forming completely but this is the best option available hands down.

on 6/11/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to get random, large pimples one after the other and I've been using this for the past 4 weeks and I haven't got one pimple yet! Which is very, VERY rare for me. Best mask I have ever tried. And don't listen to these other reviews, if don't apply too much product and remove with toner according to the instructions, then it's just as difficult as any other mask to remove...

on 5/20/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product promises to get rid of blackheads. It doesn't work, and it's hard to remove. Save your money.

on 5/15/2014 11:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This was bought in a set after I'd read all the hype about Mario Badescu products. I won't be buying anything from this brand again. This does not clear up blackheads at all. I used it at night before I went to bed, made an absolute mess everywhere once it dried on my face and really hurt my eye when the powder started to dry off and went in them :(

I've used it quite a few times and can honestly say it did nothing for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in desperation, as I was going through a time where my blackhead problem was at its worst. I used it a couple times, and I don't recall seeing any positive result. I gave it a 3 because it didn't necessarily do damage, it just didn't seem to improve anything. It was messy to deam with, it is what is says it is; a powder. It flaked off my face everywhere. It's totally possible that I didn't give it enough of a chance, so I wouldn't say it's not worth trying. But it didn't impress me any.

on 2/5/2014 4:57:00 AM

This powder really does HELP remove your blackheads. But I can't solely rely on this to remove blackheads. After I put it on my nose, I don't notice a big difference. But I used Biore's pore strips afterwards, and wow I have NEVER seen so many blackheads come out all at once! Pore strips have always failed on me, but after reading reviews on here I decided to try it out, and believe me, MB's silver powder ~helps~ the blackheads come out! It also makes my nose really soft to touch :3

I would only recommend you buy this if pore strips don't work for you. This silver powder and pore strips work very well together!