December 18, 2014 | 1644 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product literally left specks of silver in my pores. I have no idea why I thought using this product would be a good idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by niiklala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, the science behind blackheads revolves around the oxidation of oil. The silver powder removes blackheads more easily based on this. It works wonders especially after not deep cleaning your face for a couple days. Nothing will ever prevent blackheads from forming completely but this is the best option available hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by mizzemmixox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to get random, large pimples one after the other and I've been using this for the past 4 weeks and I haven't got one pimple yet! Which is very, VERY rare for me. Best mask I have ever tried. And don't listen to these other reviews, if don't apply too much product and remove with toner according to the instructions, then it's just as difficult as any other mask to remove...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product promises to get rid of blackheads. It doesn't work, and it's hard to remove. Save your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was bought in a set after I'd read all the hype about Mario Badescu products. I won't be buying anything from this brand again. This does not clear up blackheads at all. I used it at night before I went to bed, made an absolute mess everywhere once it dried on my face and really hurt my eye when the powder started to dry off and went in them :(

I've used it quite a few times and can honestly say it did nothing for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in desperation, as I was going through a time where my blackhead problem was at its worst. I used it a couple times, and I don't recall seeing any positive result. I gave it a 3 because it didn't necessarily do damage, it just didn't seem to improve anything. It was messy to deam with, it is what is says it is; a powder. It flaked off my face everywhere. It's totally possible that I didn't give it enough of a chance, so I wouldn't say it's not worth trying. But it didn't impress me any.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by kyin

This powder really does HELP remove your blackheads. But I can't solely rely on this to remove blackheads. After I put it on my nose, I don't notice a big difference. But I used Biore's pore strips afterwards, and wow I have NEVER seen so many blackheads come out all at once! Pore strips have always failed on me, but after reading reviews on here I decided to try it out, and believe me, MB's silver powder ~helps~ the blackheads come out! It also makes my nose really soft to touch :3

I would only recommend you buy this if pore strips don't work for you. This silver powder and pore strips work very well together!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This is chalk (calcium carbonate) with titanium dioxide & zinc oxide. My sister bought this and after a few weeks her blackheads got a lot worse and she had clogged pores. She asked me if I wanted to try it out and thought maybe it just didn't agree with her skin.

I tried this a few times. Each time I used it, I would wake up the next day with small whiteheads. Nothing major or crazy - just annoying and then I would have to deal with trying to cover it up. I finally looked up the ingredients (my sister had this on her sink and the water had made the label illegible). Why in the world chalk would help remove blackheads is beyond me. . this has no research or reason to back it up. I can't recommend this when there are so many better proven and safe options out there. Plus the titanium dioxide is known to cause breakouts which likely explains the breakouts I had.

I just don't know with this brand anymore and all the issues they have been having with not following FDA labeling guidelines, adding ingredients (one of their creams contained corticosteroids and was not written on the ingredients list, product or box- I know other people have mentioned this too). I don't like putting something on my skin and not even being able to tell what is in the product. And if they can't even follow FDA guidelines what makes anyone believe they care about the health of a customer's skin?

This went sailing into the garbage can before it could cause anymore damage.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by missyjac

Not cheap, but this powder lasts and goes a long way. After reading so many reviews and a gf telling me that it helped shrink her pores, eliminate blackheads, i decided to give it a try. Im not entirely pleased with the results, but I do notice the blackheads are gone, but would come back again a few days later. Maybe the powder lightened the blackheads? As for the pores I think I see a little improvement. Will continue using, hopefully to see more results!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Belapants13

Can't live without this stuff. It's only 12$ and one jar lasts a long time. I've dealt with acne, blackheads, cysts, scarring, you name it, since I was 13. I'm now 30! When I get a breakout or feel one coming on this is my go to product. Only suggestion I have is to not quite follow the directions on the jar. You will notice a flaky powdery mess! I noticed that if I put less than a teaspoon of the powder in a small dish, and add a drop of water with a facial brush or cotton pad, and rub the paste onto my face, I get a perfect result. To remove I use a cotton pad soaked with toner, then rinse with water! Love this stuff!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No