Mario Badescu silver powder

3.8

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide 5/20/09

on 4/3/2015 11:14:00 AM

Pretty good stuff. Certainly doesn't get rid of my blackheads, but shrinks my pores significantly to where the blackheads are barely visible.

The only true way to rid your face of blackheads is professional blackhead extraction. But if you're on a budget, like I am, then this is a great option.

on 10/5/2014 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product literally left specks of silver in my pores. I have no idea why I thought using this product would be a good idea.

on 7/9/2014 12:47:00 AM

First of all, the science behind blackheads revolves around the oxidation of oil. The silver powder removes blackheads more easily based on this. It works wonders especially after not deep cleaning your face for a couple days. Nothing will ever prevent blackheads from forming completely but this is the best option available hands down.

on 6/11/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to get random, large pimples one after the other and I've been using this for the past 4 weeks and I haven't got one pimple yet! Which is very, VERY rare for me. Best mask I have ever tried. And don't listen to these other reviews, if don't apply too much product and remove with toner according to the instructions, then it's just as difficult as any other mask to remove...

on 5/20/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product promises to get rid of blackheads. It doesn't work, and it's hard to remove. Save your money.

on 5/15/2014 11:43:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This was bought in a set after I'd read all the hype about Mario Badescu products. I won't be buying anything from this brand again. This does not clear up blackheads at all. I used it at night before I went to bed, made an absolute mess everywhere once it dried on my face and really hurt my eye when the powder started to dry off and went in them :(

I've used it quite a few times and can honestly say it did nothing for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in desperation, as I was going through a time where my blackhead problem was at its worst. I used it a couple times, and I don't recall seeing any positive result. I gave it a 3 because it didn't necessarily do damage, it just didn't seem to improve anything. It was messy to deam with, it is what is says it is; a powder. It flaked off my face everywhere. It's totally possible that I didn't give it enough of a chance, so I wouldn't say it's not worth trying. But it didn't impress me any.

on 2/5/2014 4:57:00 AM

This powder really does HELP remove your blackheads. But I can't solely rely on this to remove blackheads. After I put it on my nose, I don't notice a big difference. But I used Biore's pore strips afterwards, and wow I have NEVER seen so many blackheads come out all at once! Pore strips have always failed on me, but after reading reviews on here I decided to try it out, and believe me, MB's silver powder ~helps~ the blackheads come out! It also makes my nose really soft to touch :3

I would only recommend you buy this if pore strips don't work for you. This silver powder and pore strips work very well together!

on 11/10/2013 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is chalk (calcium carbonate) with titanium dioxide & zinc oxide. My sister bought this and after a few weeks her blackheads got a lot worse and she had clogged pores. She asked me if I wanted to try it out and thought maybe it just didn't agree with her skin.

I tried this a few times. Each time I used it, I would wake up the next day with small whiteheads. Nothing major or crazy - just annoying and then I would have to deal with trying to cover it up. I finally looked up the ingredients (my sister had this on her sink and the water had made the label illegible). Why in the world chalk would help remove blackheads is beyond me. . this has no research or reason to back it up. I can't recommend this when there are so many better proven and safe options out there. Plus the titanium dioxide is known to cause breakouts which likely explains the breakouts I had.

I just don't know with this brand anymore and all the issues they have been having with not following FDA labeling guidelines, adding ingredients (one of their creams contained corticosteroids and was not written on the ingredients list, product or box- I know other people have mentioned this too). I don't like putting something on my skin and not even being able to tell what is in the product. And if they can't even follow FDA guidelines what makes anyone believe they care about the health of a customer's skin?

This went sailing into the garbage can before it could cause anymore damage.

on 8/31/2013 12:35:00 PM

Not cheap, but this powder lasts and goes a long way. After reading so many reviews and a gf telling me that it helped shrink her pores, eliminate blackheads, i decided to give it a try. Im not entirely pleased with the results, but I do notice the blackheads are gone, but would come back again a few days later. Maybe the powder lightened the blackheads? As for the pores I think I see a little improvement. Will continue using, hopefully to see more results!

Popular Masks