October 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Lip Gloss - Mary Kay - Velocity shine It! Lip Gloss in Very Cherry

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2005 4:27:00 PM More reviews by bigemom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE the color of this gloss. It is bright red in the tube but goes on the sheerest true red. It is gorgeous! It comes in a click, twist pen which I hate. There is a dial on the bottom of the tube and you twist it around to make the product come out of a slant sponge tip. I like the concept of the pen but this one does not work. I have to click the pen several times and then I get a gush of product and end up wasting some each time. It has a nice cherry scent to it. I bought mine off Ebay for cheap so I am not sure of the price but I am pretty sure these were LE. I am almost of out of this gloss and need to find a replacement. I truly love this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

The packaging is defintely what they try to make appealing, but I believe that it kindof is a turnoff! You barely get anything in these! But the color is nice, sheer, shiny, and nice smelling. I'd probably not purchase again, at least of this shade, and opt for their regular lip glosses

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2004 1:07:00 PM More reviews by celicacutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like everyone else is saying, the packaging sucks! You twist until too much gushes out. MK could work on that. But for some odd reason, I didn't let that keep me from repurchasing. Color is soo cute. I use it up just as fast as I buy it. It is kind of expensive for the little amount you get. And one other complaint, don't keep it too long..as with some Clinque gloss, this one starts to build bacteria and STINK! EWW!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2004 6:01:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous dark cherry color. It does smell a bit like cherry cough syrup, but I find that strangely comforting (I was sick a lot as a child). However, the packaging is the worst I've ever seen! You twist the end to push product into the sponge tip, but it doesn't emerge until hours later! Pretty, but too frustrating.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2003 10:56:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not only this shade but all the rest of the other colors made my lips turn numb. Very wierd - glad it is only limited edition. Crappy applicator but the colors are very pretty - all shimmery. Sorry but I gave them all away.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2003 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Larz

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found the color to be too perfect...a little barbie, yknow? But i found if you mix it with a brown lipstick, you get a very pretty redish-brown (duh, lol) that is very glossy! Scent was kinda sickningly sweet...I liked Carmel apple better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2003 2:26:00 PM More reviews by PumpkinMuffin

I gave this product a 2 overall rating only because I did like the gloss, but returned it because of the packaging. The first time, it worked fine. THe next couple times, I slowly click click clicked the end up, no glass. Finally, while I am still slowly clicking, 5 times as much gloss as I needed gushed out. I dapped some off with a lip brush. What a waste. I'm a big MK fan, so I was very dissapointed, but hey, at least I could return for a refund to my sales rep!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2003 10:49:00 PM More reviews by dblaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've now tried all of the new Velocity shine it lip glosses. Very Cherry is a beautiful, sheer red gloss, very wearable and nice on its own, fairly long lasting too. At first I despised the flavor, it was a super strong almost cough medicine like cherry. Interestingly though, after a while it morphed into a sort of pleasant bubble gum scent and taste, and I found that I didn't mind it at all! Not sure I would repurchase this particular shade/flavor, but it's a nice product to keep around and I will use it.