November 28, 2014 | 1933 users online

Eyeliner - Alexis Vogel - Cake Liner in Black-Brown

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 7:28:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This product is not of high quality at all! This was my first experience using cake-eyeliner. And, I certainly was not impressed by the method required to put this product on or the actual product itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by smiling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Paul Monea Owner of Alexis Vogel Cosmetics, and Makeup connection Knowingly charged customers for makeup kits, and goods that were not in stock, and did not ship the products for months if ever.

He discontinued Alexis Vogel Web site, and started Makeup Connection pretending that Alexis Vogel was purchased by another makeup company. It in fact was not he was the owner of the old company, and is pretending he was not.

He also has not been shipping the same cosmetics that customers think that they are purchasing. He has changed formulas, and is passing the cosmetics off as the same formula.

The owner can has laid off all of his employees except for his mother, Gayle Monea, and his girlfriend Gina.

His business is in jeprody due to the high volume of chargebacks he has received, and the fact that the credit card companies are now penalizing him for these chargebacks.

The last three employees that were let go were being paid under the table, since he could not afford to pay the pay roll company ADP to produce real legal paychecks.

Also the last three employees have yet to be paid for their final work week, and for the shortage on their paychecks.

Be ware if he can not pay his employees how can he provide the products he is supposedly shipping?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of a couple AV products I've purchased more than once! I REALLY like this liner. It holds very, very well and I can really control how defined or soft it is without any negative effect on wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by CRYSTALJ86

GREAT PRODUCT LASTS ALL DAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2005 11:28:00 PM More reviews by nikki415

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product. It has become a staple in my makeup bag. The color is nice-not too dark. It goes on very smoothly and stays put.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2005 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lawi16

I love this stuff! The cake liner is AMAZING-it really stays put and it's a nice color. I like to pair it up with Alexis' eye popper, to make my eyes stick out as much as they can. It can be hard to use with the Total Eye Brush, I've found, but I purchased Alexis' eyeliner brush and it goes on PERFECTLY-I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ammilio7007

i can acheive the same look with a mechanic black pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2005 4:12:00 PM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading so many negative reviews about the AV line overall, I still wonder what made me cave and buy the whole kit & caboodle, as they say. Curiosity surely got the best of me, and I'm glad, because if I'd resisted, I never would have stumbled across such a great product!The Cake Liner comes in a little pot with a screwtop lid, and the color is not quite black, not quite brown, with perhaps a bit of gray thrown in to really confuse you. I use saline solution to wet my liner brush and then this liner comes alive -- it's tremendously pigmented (moreso than using a typical black or dark colored e/s for lining), and once applied, I "smoke" it out by using a pointed spongetip applicator. Makes lining a breeze, giving as thick or as thin a line as you want.It stays ALL day (in fact, it's a bit difficult to remove from my lashline), and best of all, it can also be used dry as a shadow, so you can REALLY throw on a smokey eye look.I believe that this costs about $15 USD when purchased alone (I got mine in a kit), and I actually think I'd pay this amount for this product -- it's THAT good IMO. It pays to let your curiosity get the best of you at times ;-)! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by HeatherGirl

LOVE THIS EYELINER! It is so easy to control and just the right color! It is not too harsh looking as jet black can be. I wear it every day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2004 11:03:00 PM More reviews by AngelaChristin

Great cake eyeliner, perfect color--not too harsh. I love it!