April 16, 2014 | 1637 users online

Fragrances - The Body Shop - Oceanus Line

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by stefsim

I loved Oceanus when I was in high school.. And I still quite like it too even though I rarely use it now. It smells very clean and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like wearing this scent occaisionally in the summer time. It is a "fresh air" scent with a salty and fruity (berries) touch. For some reason, this scent is not as "breezy" and "light" as I expected it to be. It is a bit of a heavier scent in a way and sometimes, it makes me feel a little queasy. I doubt I'll ever finish a bottle of this fragrance since I rarely ever wear it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

Just got this little fragrance and read the in the previous review that it was discontinued. Purshased it in the Montreal area. Since it dosen't show on TBS website I will go get some more. Lovely fragrance for summer. Does give the impression of being on a beach smelling the ocean. Can't believe it was so inexpensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Aaw, such a shame they don't sell this anymore, I loved it as a child, in fact I think it was my first edt. I guess I've sort of outgrown the scent but I still enjoy it on occassion (I have half a body mist spray left, better use it sparingly for those trips down memory lane). It's a sweet, almost candy like scent, but at the same time fresh. Certainly doesn't smell anything like the ocean though!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's like if a colonial ship was carrying a cargo of potted fruit trees, from the New World back home. Like a little orchard afloat in the middle of the ocean. It's pleasant but not humungously amazing and passion-worthy, like White Musk.
I like it but if it were suddenly discontinued tomorrrow, I would shed no tears.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I walked into the Body Shop around a year ago looking for their freshest perfume scent and left with the Oceanus perfume oil. When I tested it in the shop it seemed lovely, light and very ocean-y. However after using it for a few months I had come to dislike the scent, it became very .. heavy.

The good thing about it is that it is an oil so the scent lasts for a long time. Also I've used it many times and it seems most of the bottle is still full.

I have just come to dislike the scent personally, but otherwise this would be a good perfume. I have since replaced it with more fresh, floral/fruity scents like the Paris Hilton perfume and a lighter oceanic scent called Pacific.

- - -
PRICE [4] $18 AUD | PACKAGING [3] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this a present, and i loved the blue that it came in. the name is gorgeous too!!!

the smell reminds me of fresh tropical fruits, and the ocean. it smells calm, relaxed and revitlise. it sounds cheesy and over the top but it does. this was my perfume before i discovered ralph lauren, and the mark jacobs. if those two were to, and i sure hope they dont, get discontinued, i would happily come back to this

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by webacat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oceanus Body Mist is the only thing I buy from TBS. I discovered this product in the late 1990s on board a British Airways flight. They had it in the 747's bubble bathroom. I used it several times during the flight (you know how grungy you get cooped up in an airplane) and when I got home I bought 2 bottles. I keep one at home and one at work. I find this body spray to be an effective, pleasant-smelling deodorant. Since it smells like ocean (a very, very difficult thing; so it doesn't quite do it, but for a manmade fragrance it's a sincere try) it doesn't clash with a perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by veeveeaan

I really liked this scent when I bought it over a year ago. However, I never really wore it... usually just for special occasions. Now, I'm getting more interested in fragrances and scents, and looking back at this, I do like it. But it's definitely not the best scent. When first applied it's quite strong... which is annoying because it leaves my nose in an uncomfortable manner. I can stand that since it soon fades off. I personally prefer when the initial strength dies down and the scent it leaves behind on my clothes afterwards. It's a lot softer and more pleasant. I do get compliments on it, only once in a while though - someone also commented on how strong it smelled. My little sister has been stealing my bottle and using it on herself, I think it's fine since the scent fades quite soon. I, on the other hand, will be looking for another brand, another product, to replace this old friend of mine. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by jeantanpk

I duno if it happens only to me.. but the "fresh hint" last for a very short while and soon it is overtaken by a pungent powdery smelly.. i always dislike powdery smell... and oceanus smells like baby powder!