Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

3.7

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract , Honey Extract (Mel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract

on 8/24/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love love love this product. I had great skin during my teens and early 20s but after I came off the pill in my late 20s, I developed horrible acne. After some retinol facials with my beautician to clear it up, I wanted to keep going with a moisturiser that had a bit of retinol in it but wasn't too drying. The skin perfecting lotion has been a Godsend. It has kept my skin clear of break outs and has helped fade my acne scarring.

It has retinol in it but this isn't clearly indicated on the front so just be aware of this if you're sensitive to retinol. Always wear your sunscreen over the top in the day because retinol can make your skin sun sensitive. Such a great product. I rarely get to the end of any skin care product because I get bored with it but I actually finished two tubes.

Now that I'm pushing 30, I've switched to a stronger retinol (Skinceuticals 0.5%) with a mild moisturiser over the top and will see how that goes. However, skin perfecting lotion has served me well and I might return to it if the stronger retinol is a bit much for me.

If you're struggling with break outs but have fairly sensitive skin, give this a go!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've always heard great things about Murad, but for the life of me, I can't get on board.

I bought this lotion because my skin was looking a bit dull and it needed a little boost. I figured the Skin Perfecting Lotion would be the way to go since it contained retinol. The product itself is okay. It moisturizes my oily skin, albeit temporarily, but I see no improvement in skin texture. Most days, I end up having to reapply once or twice because this product just doesn't hydrate my skin well enough (which means my skin overcompensates by producing more oil than necessary).

I do like the smell and it hasn't broken me out (which is a bit of a feat considering how sensitive my skin is).

Packaging is good. I like that it's in a clear tube so you can see how much product is left.

Overall, I think there are moisturizers out there along the same price point that hydrate much more effectively.

on 2/15/2015 12:23:00 PM

This is one of the best OTC retinol/retinyl-palmitate products I have ever tried. I use this at night, sometimes alone (and separate eye cream) or sometimes with heavier face cream. It keeps acne and fine-lines/wrinkles at bay. I have repurchased this product several times. First time I used it, it did sting my skin because of the retinol component, but my skin adjusted after a few uses. The light texture works really well for my normal-oily combination skin, and works well during the warmer months. (Though it is not moisturizing enough for the cooler, drier, months. I use a heavier cream over this product sometimes during these months.) I also wish the packaging was not a clear tube - supposedly light can neutralize the retinol, but I am assuming that the company knows what it's doing. The product is also comparably/fairly priced.

on 10/12/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is okay, a standard oil-free moisturizer. I prefer to stick to Clean & Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer. I get the same results, but it's way cheaper. I won't purchase SPL again.

on 6/15/2014 1:43:00 AM

This is my HG daytime moisturizer. It absorbs well on my combination skin and doesn't make me feel greasy. It also has never caused breakouts- something most moisturizers do to me. It makes my skin feel soft and looking clear. It wears really well under my foundation and never balls up. I also really like the way it smells. I've probably bought this 6 times so far and will continue to.

on 5/6/2014 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My skin was perfect, then I tried on this lotion at a drugstore (it was on display as a tester saying TRY ME)...thought is might give my skin an awesome nice texture. Well I come home and I don't know what is burning my skin. Realized it had to be this product. Burns more and my whole face looks irritated beat red like it had been stung by a bee. SO whenever something like this happens, I wash my face with a mild scrub and slather on a thick cream over it. Needless to say I will Never purchase. And I thought this was a great, mattifying product. I am done trying new things. I'll stick to what I know. SO mad. My skin was perfect and it better heal in a day or so.

on 2/5/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think this is way to greasy on the face.
I have oily skin and after using this, I looked like I had put baby oil on my face. I used a dime size for my whole face. Big no to this.

on 1/20/2014 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Uh...pass on it. I made the mistake of buying it. I've got fair/sensitive/acne prone skin and thought this might help with with my red sensitive skin I wake up with in the morning. Wrong.... The first morning I woke up and my face looked awesome. Fast forward to the next 3 days...bumps/acne starting on my chin and on the side of my face. Like I said, acne prone and I was all cleared up, just dry/red irritated in the morning. I hope Sephora lets me return this without the box.

on 12/22/2013 2:01:00 PM

I received this product in a kit about two years ago. It has taken me a long time to review this product because I just do not know how to feel about it. I have used it with and without severe acne and the only thing I can say is that it does not help or harm acne. Before isotreninoin, it was a better moisturizer for me because I had oilier skin. Now that my skin is drier, it does not nourish my skin enough. Regardless, I did not see any improvements in my skin either before or after my acne treatment, which makes me question why Murad is so darn expensive.

on 10/14/2013 7:58:00 PM

This lotion is so simple that I would rather get Cetaphil than to buy this again. It doesn't do much besides keeping the skin hydrated. I would expect more effects for anything from Murad.

Popular Moisturizers