August 20, 2014 | 2013 users online

Moisturizers - Murad - Skin Perfecting Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

This is my HG daytime moisturizer. It absorbs well on my combination skin and doesn't make me feel greasy. It also has never caused breakouts- something most moisturizers do to me. It makes my skin feel soft and looking clear. It wears really well under my foundation and never balls up. I also really like the way it smells. I've probably bought this 6 times so far and will continue to.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin was perfect, then I tried on this lotion at a drugstore (it was on display as a tester saying TRY ME)...thought is might give my skin an awesome nice texture. Well I come home and I don't know what is burning my skin. Realized it had to be this product. Burns more and my whole face looks irritated beat red like it had been stung by a bee. SO whenever something like this happens, I wash my face with a mild scrub and slather on a thick cream over it. Needless to say I will Never purchase. And I thought this was a great, mattifying product. I am done trying new things. I'll stick to what I know. SO mad. My skin was perfect and it better heal in a day or so.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is way to greasy on the face.
I have oily skin and after using this, I looked like I had put baby oil on my face. I used a dime size for my whole face. Big no to this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by westiegirlaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Uh...pass on it. I made the mistake of buying it. I've got fair/sensitive/acne prone skin and thought this might help with with my red sensitive skin I wake up with in the morning. Wrong.... The first morning I woke up and my face looked awesome. Fast forward to the next 3 days...bumps/acne starting on my chin and on the side of my face. Like I said, acne prone and I was all cleared up, just dry/red irritated in the morning. I hope Sephora lets me return this without the box.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I received this product in a kit about two years ago. It has taken me a long time to review this product because I just do not know how to feel about it. I have used it with and without severe acne and the only thing I can say is that it does not help or harm acne. Before isotreninoin, it was a better moisturizer for me because I had oilier skin. Now that my skin is drier, it does not nourish my skin enough. Regardless, I did not see any improvements in my skin either before or after my acne treatment, which makes me question why Murad is so darn expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by GraceLin80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lotion is so simple that I would rather get Cetaphil than to buy this again. It doesn't do much besides keeping the skin hydrated. I would expect more effects for anything from Murad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this lotion. It smells like vitamin c, which I don't mind and actually like. It's easy to spread, lightweight and fast-absorbing. I haven't used it for long so will have to update on whether I find it oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Ok, I didn't not at all expect to be this impressed with a moisturizer. I try to avoid reviewing too soon, but I feel I've tried this enough to say a little. My friend works for Murad and bought me some items as a gift. I was going through realllllyy bad skin problems (most likely due to an Rx, thanks a lot big pharmaceuticals!) She kept saying to get this moisturizer and I kept trying to say no (even though she paid for me!) because I tend to react/break out to products and especially moisturizers which can be heavy and clogging. She insisted so eventually I just said I would try it. Around the time I went to see her, I was getting super over dried from all the products I was using to clear me up. They caused more and more acne, so I kept using more and more until it was a huge dry, scaly, scary mess. I knew I needed to moisturize but I was super worried since my skin was so angry and exposed. Knowing this, I tried the cream, and it didn't sting, clog, or cause any problems. I thought I was loosing my mind when my skin actually looked BETTER the next day. It was almost like it was a recovery treatment, not a moisturizer. I haven't had any reactions at all, quite the opposite, it's been one of the most gentle products I've ever used, and I'm not immune to reacting to many others. (The Instant Radiance eye from Murad stings me a little, for example.) Even though this is pretty expensive for a small-ish tube, I really think I would pay full price continuously if it keeps delivering. I also think they have a great return policy which I always try to make sure of before I invest like this and I USE IT if I have to. I suggest you guys do the same, and find what really works instead of just losing you money! . It's so rare to find anything that works. I feel like I will really use this a lot in the winter too.

Update: Ugh this is ok but I just can't mess with chemicals. I'm always afraid to use moisturizers, though I need them, and in the end it wasn't transformative as I hoped. Not only that, the Murad cleansers (and pretty much everything) are really crap. So just not happy with them. I tried. :P I gave this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by abarton3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

About 4 years ago I had a really bad breakout on vacation, and I used the Murad Acne line to fix my skin. After it was fixed, I moved on and tried about 500 things that didn't work.

Forward to last May, I decided to give this a shot. It worked beautifully. This first week my skin was a little sensitive to it (perhaps because I'm not used to retinoids during the day), but it's been wonderful since then. It's definitely going to be my go-to for April through October (a bottle easily lasts that long).
My skin is sensitive and dry (but acne-prone). This won't be moisturizing enough for me for the winter months, but I can definitely see this benefiting those with oily skin. For summer months, this has been the key to maintaining the smooth texture in my skin.

The first time I used the Murad Acne set, I found it too harsh (the whole line) for me. Now, I just used the moisturizer with the Mario Badescu Enzyme and Cucumber cleansers, and it works fine. Don't feel like you have to use the whole line (this moisturizer is the best part of it anyway!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lana0413

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I forgot to add to my post the product is not greasy at all. The lotion goes on sort of thick but absorbs very fast. My skin is oily and it still soaks it up very well.