July 30, 2014 | 1012 users online

Liquid - Black Opal - black opal oil free foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by missywissy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product as my first ever foundation and i was dissapointed. It covered my face pretty well BUT...

1) it transfers easily
2) It contains PARABENS which are strongly linked to breast cancer
3) As soon as i put a little on, my face started burning up!

Will not buy this again, especially since it has parabens.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have written reviews for other brands of foundations and Black Opal (BO) is by far the best drugstore brand of cosmetics that I have purchased.

This foundation is for light coverage. I am an oily girl so I start my foundation routine with BO oil mattifier. I then use the BO Total Coverage Spot and Scar Concealer for my acne scars (Truly Topaz) and to hide dark circles under my eyes (Kahlari Sand). I then dot the liquid foundation (Truly Topaz- I am NC 45 in MAC) over my entire face and blend in. I top it off with the Invisible Oil-Blocking Loose Powder. My skin looks completely flawless and NATURAL!!!!! It is the best "no make-up" make-up look I have ever achieved. I am so hooked on this product line that I am now going to use their skin care line. If you have difficulty finding this line in stores near you, go to the website.

Ladies, the secret to a flawless look is a good skincare routine, primer before foundation and a great powder on top. Whether you have dry, combo or oily skin, these steps are a must. Black Opal has everything that you need to acheive a flawless look. I love this line. I know that I have said this before, but this time I have found my skin soulmate!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by newchick10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the Truly Topaz at Wal-Mart store because when I ordered Black Opal products online I was able to get a sample and I had used the power in Topaz before so I decided to see what was up with the liquid one. I loved it so much in the liquid form that I went out and purchased the bottle size. It feels like I have nothing on my face and it gave me a matte finish. I looked flawless in my opinion. It is very light weight too. Truly Topaz matched my skin perfect. Funny because when I looked at the color in the bottle it looked like it was to light, but it actually blends and disappears when you rub it on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I brought this foundation from a rec of a friend i got it in beautiful bronze it was a good color match. however this foudation left me very oily and did not last long and the coverage was very light i prefer medium, its an average foundation that i use as a backup but i wouldn't get it again

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

REVIEW 2007
Black Opal Truly Topaz foundation.
It's the perfect shade for me in the summer. The orangish shade in it goes well in the sun but it melts and makes you look greasy as a mthf if you dont keep powdering it down. I'll throw it and stick to MAC I think.

REVIEW 2009
I used the stick which as I said in that review gives Iman a run for her money but the liquid one is terrible.. I use Truly Tpaz and love the coverage of the stick and the lip corrector but I have dry skin and this liquid makes me look so greasy. It doesn't have grat pigment and looks a bit greyish on.
It's crap.
When I need a light foundation I use the lip corretor all over my face in light/medium and it gives better coverage and a more realistic yellow based colour which matches ym skin tone and even brightens it up a bit because of the yellow tones. The liquid just leaves this slightly grey looking film making me look older.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this today and i've been wearing it for about 5 hours now, went to go get my nails and feet done, but anyways um it's perfect as far as wanting to put something on your face to run errands and little stuff like that but as far as my everyday foundation when i have to go to work, i really dont think so as i c the oil building up on my forehead and i feel like i can feel it oxidizing as i type this. Will keep bc it's a good match for me, heavenly honey but will not buy again bc i have way better foundations that last, however i am going to try iman next to c what all the hype is about since these foundations are made for women of color.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 5:38:00 AM More reviews by tyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use the Foundation Creme Stick in my specific colour. It's a perfect match for my skin BUT it's VERY oily after a while on your skin. If you sweat in it, your heading for oil city. It's NOT transfer resistant because it transfers on anything it comes in contact with while on your face which sucks major ass!

Even if you use it with the power, it still is transferable, but all this being said, i've been a slave to it for 3 years! It was hell and heaven at the same time. NOW i've changed my life for the better when I used a Skin Culture Peel 4000. Complexion is cleared up along with acne scarring ad I o longer have to hide under make up as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Commentary09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I believe that with any product, you hae to find the one that works for you. Black Opal is the only foundation I use. (Honey). I've used the liquid, stick, and the cream to powder, pressed powder and the loose powder. They all work for me. But what may work for one, may not work for another.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2006 9:33:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. Great for an everyday, less is more look. I mix BeautifulBronze & TrulyTopaz in the winter. Then apply concealer(BO foundation stick in 'Nutmeg') & Translucent powder(BenNye Neutral Set). Perfect match for me; DDD with yellow & red undertones. Last well for most of the day. Touch-up Tzone at about 2pm with BO Oil Blocking Powder.*****Update 2/7/07*****Started using L'Oreal HIP#818 and Iman P/P instead. They are picture perfect for me. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2005 12:25:00 AM More reviews by hibiscus5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff was not good for me. It went from brown, to orange, to greasy tomatoe red in no time. The colors are bad and there is way to much oil in it, and I have dry skin. Would not recommend it.