November 27, 2014 | 996 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic SPF 12 (French version)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got to try the French version from a dear friend who lives overseas; she sent me a sample tube. I really love this foundation, and bought it on Ebay. Mine is the SPF 12 version. The foundation gives a slight dewy finish and covers well. I liked the color of the tube that my friend sent me, so that is what I bought on Ebay. The colors are not the same (to me) in the American version.
I was disappointed with the Photogenic (US) Powder; I got it in the same color (I thought) and it was way too dark- did not match my makeup at all, so I returned it. This provides what I would consider medium to light coverage and wears well. I have combination skin that tends to become oilier in the heat. This wears well all day. It is not my HG like my MAC, because of the limited availablity and limited color selection, but it's pretty close. I like this a bit more than Benefit's foundation, which provides more of a dewy look and has no SPF.
EDITED 1/7/08: Gave this away to a friend who eventually tossed it. Ridiculously orange, poor shade selection, and oxidizes. Made me and her took like an Oompa-Loompa. For this price, it's a travesty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 3:30:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

I loved this product I used it like 2 years ago but couldnt finish the tube cause it ruined.I dont know why I guess I couldnt keep the product in good conditions...I didnt like it on acne-prone skin maybe good for dry skin but not for me...I should use matifying foundations cause I have oily t-zone and break-outs...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2005 6:16:00 AM More reviews by damndisthing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I still think this is the best liquid foundation if you use it properly

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2003 11:48:00 AM More reviews by 2Lauren2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in France and have had some trouble finding it here since the USA Lancome markets a different formula with different names for the colors. I have used both versions and have found that I do like the French version better. The first difference is the USA version is SPF 15, and the French is SPF 12. The French version covers lightly and evens out my skin. It works well as a concealer and covers undereye circles well also. It is my favorite foundation for now.