July 28, 2014 | 2032 users online

Toners - Kanebo - Freshel White C Whitening Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jonny4

This review is for the latest version of the Freshel Whitening Lotion. Freshel range has been repackaged n revamped a few times along the years.

I have this in the light version. It is a pretty good lotion that is light but hydrating, perfect for a hot humid country like Malaysia. I have used quite a few Japanese lotions over the years and my main complaint is they r either too light or too heavy. The overly light ones contain too much alcohol and evaporates too fast, a few pats with the palm and it has evaporated into nothing. The heavy ones tend to leave a sticky film that gets all unsightly in hot humid weather. Active ingredients are Vitamin C and dipotassium glycyrrhizinate. It does contains other citrus and plant extracts but I doubt it has much effect.

But this Freshel Lotion is just perfect for me. I apply 5 drops on my face and it never evaporates too fast or take too long to absorb. My face is left hydrated without any tightness or stickiness. This lotion contains alcohol though. I usually skip moisturizer as this lotion is good enough for my oily skin. It is also fragrance free.

I purchased this from Watsons for RM44 and it is a reasonable price for a Made in Japan product. I hope Freshel will continue to be sold in Malaysia as Freshel vanished for a good part of 2012 n reappeared with repackaged and new products.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by starrystarzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I broke out really bad after using this. not suitable for my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by rustyangel

I just got a Moist version of this toner and I like it. It's mind and moisture my oily skin without making it too oily.

Ingredients for Moist version

Water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Diproplyene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide, PEG-20, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Raffinose, Trisodium EDTA, Trisodium HEDTA, Critic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Soluble Collagen, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Dimethoxy DI-p-CRESOL, Acer Sacchurum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by cstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive dry cheek. I have the M (Moist) version of this toner. I usually pat the toner on after I wash my face, and keep patting for a short while. Then my skin would feel so moist and refreshing, and it looks brighter and younger. My pores seem smaller too --- but that might just be a visual effect--- I don't really know. But anyway, I love this toner! And the price is very reasonable too. I got it for $12 on sasa.com. But the bad thing is sasa no longer selling this product. I don't know where I can get it after I finish this bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by avocadogreen

I have sensitive, combination/oily, acne prone skin.

This is another one of those toners that didn't seem to do much for me. If it doesn't give me noticeable results, I don't see the point in including it in my daily skincare routine. Why put more products on my face if it doesn't need it? Plus, this toner seems to have quite a bit of alcohol, although surprisingly, it doesn't dry out my face.

Nevertheless, I don't think it's worth purchasing again. My search for the perfect toner continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by exquisitejade

I liked this toner a lot. It's very refreshing, and it lasts forever. I never expect it to brighten my skin, but my skin did got brighter after 3 months of use. I'd recommend it to friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by exdi

Adding a review stub here. I thought I'd post the ingredients for the sappari (L) version for now.

INGREDIENTS: water, alcohol, dipropylene glycol, butylene glycol, methylene glycol, methyl gluceth-20, peg-20, glycerin, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, methylparaben, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, polysorbate 20, dimethicone copolyol methyl ether, potassium phosphate, disodium phosphate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, soluble collagen, citrus unshiu peel extract, anise fruit extract, phenoxyethanol, placental protein, potassium sorbate, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by alal

I tried this in combination with the Milk, both type L for my oily skin. Like the milk this had a very tiny bit of alcohol in it to cleanse, but otherwise this was so mild that it was too mild; didn't really do much to brighten or lighten my skin or spots. I need something stronger for my oily, combo skin. If you have extremely sensitive skin, I would suggest Freshel products as they are very very mild. More so than any Neutrogena/Clearasil/even Cetaphil products. Otherwise, more problematic skin might need something stronger, and waiting for a few weeks to receive this through ebay from Asia is just too tedious a wait.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by spaceagemouse

I really really wanted this to work. After going on a strict acne skin regimen and finally clearing up my skin, I wanted something to get rid of my acne scars without doing anything drastic. This seemed like a gentle enough solution, so I tried it out. It hasn't done anything bad, but after 3 weeks of using it morning and evening, I haven't seen anything good either. The toner is light and doesn't irritate my skin, but I feel like it doesn't do what it promises to. My scars are still there, which is a shame, because I feel that they are the one thing standing in the way of my otherwise good skin. I'll continue to use the lotion since I already bought it and it has no negative side effects for me, but I won't buy it again.

UPDATE: So it's been roughly two months since I started using this, and I actually think my scars have lightened. They aren't completely gone, but some have faded and the existing ones are a lot fainter, so they aren't the first thing I notice on my face. I'm increasing my rating to 4 lippies now. This product will work if you give it time, but if you don't have the patience, perhaps look elsewhere. It's still a gentle, moisturizing toner though, so worth giving a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by valeriana

Oh how I love this. Let me count the ways. It's totally refreshing. You can tell it has an itty bit of alcohol in it but it's probably in a very, very small amount because you don't even feel any tightness after using this. It's not irritating at all. It actually calms my skin. It doesn't break me out. It even helps heal pimples. It does well layered with other products. Most importantly, I think it does what it's supposed to. I've noticed my scars lightening and my skin becoming more even and brighter. It comes in a very big bottle (I got the blue one, for oily skin) which is going to last me forever but I will definitely repurchase when it finally does run out. I am in love with this! If you see it in your neighborhood Asian store, DON'T HESITATE TO GRAB ONE (or five). =) Hehe.