Weleda Almond Facial Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Prunus Domestica (Plum), Prunus Spinosa (Blackthorn)

on 3/24/2015 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after being a loyal argan oil user for several years. I like this almond oil better than the argan oils I've tried because it's lighter but still moisturizing, but I don't think this is moisturizing enough for cold winter weather. Right now I'm using 4% hydroquinone at night and it makes my skin so flaky and dry. If I layer some almond oil over it I wake up to decently moisturized skin. It also wears well under makeup. Love that this is nearly scent-free. Don't like the weird drip opening because it only gives you one drop at a time, so I removed it. At ~$20 this is reasonably priced and I'd consider repurchasing in the future!

on 11/14/2014 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure exactly why I like this product as much as I do. It's not a miracle worker or anything, but it just seems to give me a nicer experience than other comparable products and it always fits the bill. I have very dry, very sensitive eczema-prone skin and that also means that moisturizing sometimes physically hurts - unless I use oil as a first layer. I put a few drops of this oil underneath my normal facial moisturizer and it sinks in right away, and I feel soothed and protected. Then I apply cream and/or makeup on top. I've tried putting other, plain oils on my face but I've never liked the feel of it, even though I love coconut oil for my body and always have a giant jar of it around - on my face it just feels like it's sitting on top of my skin and producing a weird texture. This is silkier to use on your face, and the smell is very, very mild and pleasant. It's a little pricey, but the bottle lasts a really long time and it's more affordable than a lot of other high end facial oils, and also more versatile. I just bought my second bottle because I noticed my first getting low and I don't want to find myself without it during the winter!

on 8/23/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Just started using this. I have rosacea with hormonal acne issues with combination skin. I only used it on my forehead so far as I'm scared to use it on my super sensitive cheeks. Will update when I get the courage.
update (8/26) used two drops on my cheeks this morning because I'm really dry today
Update (9/4) cyst on my cheek! Not using again!!!!! Ouch

on 3/9/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This winter has taken a toll on my skin, giving me an awful dermatitis (visit to dermatologist for a script required). Bought this soothing almond oil after reading reviews. Here's my experience.
Alone, it didn't fix the dermatitis (but was worth the try).
With the script medication, it definitely soothes. I like to add a few drops to my beloved Nivea cream, mix them together, and presto! super-rich night cream. Because the script is an ointment, I can use this oil alone as daytime moisture under Bioderm Photoderm SPF50.
I can see using this product in the future, either alone for light facial moisture, or with Nivea for a rich night cream.
I love the packaging: blue glass for light protection, and a special cap that allows drops to shake out. About $24 full price; I found it on sale somewhere for about $17.
Verdict: If you have dry skin, give this a try, either alone or under a moisturizer. You use just a few drops, so it's cost-effective. Has no discernable scent.

on 10/12/2013 3:43:00 PM

This really calms my skin!! I've been using this over a week morning and evening. My skin is very sensitive and reactive. This works for all skin types. Make sure to moisten skin before you apply. A nice product! I recommend this to everyone and give it a try.

on 6/29/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I really LOVE this product!
I apply it after washing my face while my face is still damp, just 6 or 7 drops is all you need and it gives your skin a dewy supple look!
I use it in the morning and again at night and the improvement in my skin is really phenomenal...it is moister, plumper and softer!

on 3/18/2013 3:00:00 AM

Am using this as a night oil before I go to bed I put it onto my damp combo skin. Working much better then many expensive night creams. My skin is hydrated and plumped in the morning and my open pores and blackheads are looking much healthier. Works much better than the granatapple night cream.
Pros
Absorbs well
Softens and the plumps the skin
Reasonable price

on 1/24/2013 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'd never thought an oil would help my sensitive, oily and congested skin so much. I apply this to damp skin morning and night, and it sinks right in to leave the must beautiful glow and seems to fade scars from old blemishes.
The first time I tried it my skin actually broke out and got pretty irritated, which scared me off the product for a while. But ever since it's given me wonderful results. I'm pretty sure it prevents new blemishes from forming and even the stubborn white heads on my jawline has vanished significantly. I've used it for one month now and it's been so calming through the extremely cold weather. The bottle will last a long time and for the price it's really a bargain. Love Weleda's natural ingredients and cute packaging too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm pretty sure this is saving my skin at the moment! Since becoming pregnant I have suffered extremely painful dry skin on my face. I bought a bunch of Weleda products in the hope that I could finally moisturize my skin - some of them are better than others, with Skin Food and Almond Facial Oil being the real standouts. I pat this on morning and evening immediately after toning (DHC Mild Lotion) or spraying with Avene Spring Water to lock in moisture. I even put it on my T-zone - my skin really doesn't have any of its own oil right now and needs it!! This keeps my skin comfortable all day and night when layered with Skin Food. I am very happy with this light oil - it hasn't broken me out and it makes my moisturizer much more effective. It's saved my skin!!

on 6/17/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this based off the reviews and because I like Weleda products. I like their packaging, philosophy, and minimal ingredients. I have combo skin which has recently turned drier. I did not find this super moisturizing as compared to jojoba oil which I have used for years. The two are about the same. A lot of people here said they use it as a eye makeup remover, but I did this twice and it gave me milia seeds! That has not happened with e. virgin olive oil, the jojoba oil, or vaseline. It really turned me off this product for awhile, but I've just used this on my regular face. It is a decent product, but for $25CAD for 50ml, I would not repurchase since I can find less expensive and just as good alternatives.

Popular Moisturizers