October 25, 2014 | 1168 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Almond Facial Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just started using this. I have rosacea with hormonal acne issues with combination skin. I only used it on my forehead so far as I'm scared to use it on my super sensitive cheeks. Will update when I get the courage.
update (8/26) used two drops on my cheeks this morning because I'm really dry today
Update (9/4) cyst on my cheek! Not using again!!!!! Ouch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This winter has taken a toll on my skin, giving me an awful dermatitis (visit to dermatologist for a script required). Bought this soothing almond oil after reading reviews. Here's my experience.
Alone, it didn't fix the dermatitis (but was worth the try).
With the script medication, it definitely soothes. I like to add a few drops to my beloved Nivea cream, mix them together, and presto! super-rich night cream. Because the script is an ointment, I can use this oil alone as daytime moisture under Bioderm Photoderm SPF50.
I can see using this product in the future, either alone for light facial moisture, or with Nivea for a rich night cream.
I love the packaging: blue glass for light protection, and a special cap that allows drops to shake out. About $24 full price; I found it on sale somewhere for about $17.
Verdict: If you have dry skin, give this a try, either alone or under a moisturizer. You use just a few drops, so it's cost-effective. Has no discernable scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sannavire

This really calms my skin!! I've been using this over a week morning and evening. My skin is very sensitive and reactive. This works for all skin types. Make sure to moisten skin before you apply. A nice product! I recommend this to everyone and give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by SilvaSiren

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really LOVE this product!
I apply it after washing my face while my face is still damp, just 6 or 7 drops is all you need and it gives your skin a dewy supple look!
I use it in the morning and again at night and the improvement in my skin is really phenomenal...it is moister, plumper and softer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Swiss1

Am using this as a night oil before I go to bed I put it onto my damp combo skin. Working much better then many expensive night creams. My skin is hydrated and plumped in the morning and my open pores and blackheads are looking much healthier. Works much better than the granatapple night cream.
Pros
Absorbs well
Softens and the plumps the skin
Reasonable price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd never thought an oil would help my sensitive, oily and congested skin so much. I apply this to damp skin morning and night, and it sinks right in to leave the must beautiful glow and seems to fade scars from old blemishes.
The first time I tried it my skin actually broke out and got pretty irritated, which scared me off the product for a while. But ever since it's given me wonderful results. I'm pretty sure it prevents new blemishes from forming and even the stubborn white heads on my jawline has vanished significantly. I've used it for one month now and it's been so calming through the extremely cold weather. The bottle will last a long time and for the price it's really a bargain. Love Weleda's natural ingredients and cute packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure this is saving my skin at the moment! Since becoming pregnant I have suffered extremely painful dry skin on my face. I bought a bunch of Weleda products in the hope that I could finally moisturize my skin - some of them are better than others, with Skin Food and Almond Facial Oil being the real standouts. I pat this on morning and evening immediately after toning (DHC Mild Lotion) or spraying with Avene Spring Water to lock in moisture. I even put it on my T-zone - my skin really doesn't have any of its own oil right now and needs it!! This keeps my skin comfortable all day and night when layered with Skin Food. I am very happy with this light oil - it hasn't broken me out and it makes my moisturizer much more effective. It's saved my skin!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Thena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this based off the reviews and because I like Weleda products. I like their packaging, philosophy, and minimal ingredients. I have combo skin which has recently turned drier. I did not find this super moisturizing as compared to jojoba oil which I have used for years. The two are about the same. A lot of people here said they use it as a eye makeup remover, but I did this twice and it gave me milia seeds! That has not happened with e. virgin olive oil, the jojoba oil, or vaseline. It really turned me off this product for awhile, but I've just used this on my regular face. It is a decent product, but for $25CAD for 50ml, I would not repurchase since I can find less expensive and just as good alternatives.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

I tried the almond line from Weleda in wintertime, hoping to give my dry skin something nourishing and calming.
The description said that you could mix this oil with the almond cream to get a rich skincare.
I mixed the oil with the almond cream and the results were deastrous on my skin.
This product caused me serious perioral dermatitis and itching, flaking skin.
I scratched my face while I slept, it was so horrible. Finally, I had to go to the dermatologist and use antibiotic cream for my face.
I never found out, what really caused this reaction. Was it the combination of oils? The plum oil? The combination wiht the cream?
I suggest you decide if your skin can tolerate the combination of oils or not.
Itīs not that my skin doesnīt like oils at all or that I neve tried out oils for my skin. Most oils are good for my skin as long as they are not comedogenic. I use an almond oil based body lotion and it works beautifully for my skin. I use wild rose oil and jojoba oil on my face and they both are really good for my skin.
I could be the exception to the rule as many reviewers love this oil, but this one literally destroyed my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No just No, broke me out. It might work for some people but no it just did not work for moi. Broke out with tiny pimples, white heads and blackheads, scratching my face while typing this review.

Hate this product, I used to have beautiful perfect skin with one or two blackheads a month, no blemishes. Until I used this thing, nothing but a steaming pile of cow poo.