December 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Beachluvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried eyeliners for 40+ years and never found anything I liked until I bought this eyeliner. I probably have bought over 50 pencils through the years and regretted every time I tried one. Removing botched eyeliner is difficult. There were times I didn't have time to remove it and I felt self-conscious all day. I am glad never to use pencils again.
I have hooded brown eyes and I use this to tightline my upper eyelids with a flat brush and a little water. It is beautiful! It really emphasizes my eyes, my lashes look fuller and lasts all day. It was difficult for me to master tight lining but wow I'm so glad I learned. I have purple and brown liner but I use the bleu marine everyday. My eyes always look white because it is an everytime essential part of my makeup. I think it's as important as mascara. I don't leave home without it. I think every eye color would look great with it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by LadyOttawa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Laura Mercier Tightline Eye Liner in Bleu Marine & Laura Mercier Flatline Brush

I've been looking for a cake eye liner in blue since the '60's. I think I've finally found one in this product.

The blue is a navy blue. It seems to enhance my blue eyes and the whites actually seem whiter.

I have sensitive eyes and they can be a bit moist often causing smearing with pencils and even pens. This does not happen with this cake eyeliner...no smearing and lasts till it is removed with my regular facial cleanser...does not require special eye makeup remover.
I use water at the end of the Laura Mercier Flatline brush and swirl the brush gently in the cake. I can make it any consistency...thick, liquid or watery. The thicker the consistency the deeper the intensity.

As with all liquid liners, this and the flatline brush take a bit of practice. At 66 I prefer a very thin line on the upper & lower lash line. The flatline brush is the thinnest I've seen for this type of brush and with a light touch I get a nice thin line that defines my eyes quite nicely.

I am amazed that this liner does not smear even on the lower lash line.

Overall a great product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a great liner! It makes my lashes look thicker and my eyes defined in a natural way. I have hooded eyes and sometimes don't want a heavily lined look on my upper lashes so this little gem works perfectly in that regard. It makes the whites of my eyes look more clear and enhances my hazel eyes so beautifully. Black liners can look harsh on me for everyday looks because I'm so pale (NC5/10, blond hair, light eyelashes) but I love having that intensity. This color is deep and rich but doesn't overwhelm me. If you're hesitant about this being too blue, don't be. It's not noticeable. It's just a lovely, balanced navy that doesn't show up as overtly blue.

It doesn't smudge, transfer, or fallout. Once it sets it just stays put, even when I use it in my waterline. Most of the time though I tightline with it using tap water and the LM Flat Eyeliner brush. I dab a couple drops of water on the back of my hand, then dip the brush into it till it's coated with the water but not soaked, then swirl the brush into the cake liner until it forms a good consistency. Not a watery but not a paste either. Somewhere in between. I had to experiment a few times before I got the the right ratio. It helps to try it on the back of your hand a few times once you dip it into the cake liner just to make sure it's right before you apply it on your eyes.

Then I lift my upper lid gently with my ring finger and sort of press and dab the brush into the roots of my lashes from underneath. I try to work it into the roots so it's in between the lashes and not along the upper lid or entirely on the waterline. Although sometimes it looks great having it along the upper waterline too. I try not to blink a lot for a few moments till it sets. It helps to look up while you're waiting for it to dry. Then I'm set for the day till I wash it off at night. I usually do it after I use an eye primer and before I do my eyeshadow and any other eyeliner. But often it's just this and a little mascara.

I like everything about this and have no complaints. I've been using this for about five years and I think it's one of those products that really hooked me once I realized what a difference it makes.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just perfect. It makes my hazel brown eyes more golden and my eyes appear brighter and whiter. Perfect for tightlining and giving my eyes a pop of color when I wear neutral shadows. It is not too bright of a blue but it is not too navy of a blue.The effort of using a separate brush to apply is justified because the results are long lasting. I use Laura's tightlining brush to apply but have also used an Essence gel liner brush (carefully because it is not so soft )and both work well and the product cleans off your brushes easily with just a small bit of shampoo,It will last forever. Fabulous product, Love this!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this. It is so easy to tightline. I cannot believe I was shy about blue eyeliner. Makes brown eyes pop, no makeup look, with big eyes. :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely adore this stuff for when I want to do a "no makeup makeup" look. I use a flat eyeliner brush, put a drop of water on the brush (not too little, not too much) and push it right up against my lashline for a really natural but super flattering look.

I have oily hooded lids, so I can't make the line too thick because after a couple of hours I end up with a line on the top part of my eyelid. This doesn't happen if I keep the line thin--lasts all day with very little fading.

I foresee this lasting forever; I've had mine for half a year and have barely made a dent in it. The blue is very flattering on brown eyes, and it's dark enough of a blue to still look natural.

**Edit: I started putting Urban Decay's De-slick setting spray into a dropper bottle, and using that instead of water; I no longer have issues with the eyeliner transferring to my lids and can make a much thicker line if I want to now. I'm sure any similar sort of spray would work.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

Love the quality and color. No smudging issues. Easy to apply even for a total amateur like myself. Takes more time than just swiping a pencil over your lid because you have to use a brush, dip it in a little water, and be a little careful with application because it is an actual line you create. But it is worth it for the effect and no smudging! Good for sophisticated more professional look. I like the blue color for my brown eyes. Its close to navy. The packaging is a little on the bulky side but its still a small size overall.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by notadq

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Flat out the best eyeliner. Period. Color non garish and applies perfectly. All my pencil liners,gel liners are crap compared to this. Lasts forever. Can or cannot use activator drops. Works either way. Smoky blue perfect color!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best eyeliner I have ever used. Bleu Marine is a great alternative to wearing black all the time. I have brown eyes and the blue makes the eye color pop. I use MAC Mixing Medium and the E10 small eye liner brush from Sigma to apply. I apply one drop of mixing medium to a pallette and dip my brush to get it wet. Then I swirl the brush in the pot to load it with color. You don't want the brush to be completely saturated with the mixing medium because it will be super pigmented and wet, unless that's what you're going for. I don't tightline with this, I just use it as regular liner on top & bottom lids. It dries fast and lasts ALL day. One pot of this will last FOREVER so that justifies the price tag to me. Will def repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had such high hopes for this. No matter what i do it just does not want to stay on. Also, the color payoff now is not great. At first it seemed wonderful but maybe after a month or so of water contact it is not so strong. Very disappointed.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No