April 19, 2014 | 1810 users online

Scrubs - Murad - AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by DanielJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this on sale at TK Maxx for around 11 - a bargain compared to the RRP 30+.

I'm giving this a positive review simply because it has reduced the appearance of blackheads on my nose fairly well. The downside is that it dries out my skin a little, causing some flakiness. This means I only use it at night followed by a moisturiser now, whereas before I used it morning and night. I've also been getting *some* spots but I'm unsure if this is related.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kinjal812

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this product from skinstore.com after reading the reviews on this site. I have acne-prone skin. I have been using this product for past 8 months now. I must say this is one of the greatest product that I have came across. I have used many low-end to high-end products for my acne-prone skin and have gotten various treatments for my acne but nothing has helped. However, when I started using this product my acne have been in control. Now I only get couple of pimples around my period. This is nice exfoliating scrub, I use it once every couple of days. After I use it skin is very smooth and soft. I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser a lot! I usually go with oil or foam cleansers so this was a nice change. I like how this is very gentle yet totally is helping my hormonal breakouts. I got one pimple on my cheek and it' so big and the kind if you pop it'll only be worse. This cleanser is making it go away by peeling layer by layer. I know gross, but hey this thing is almost gone! It's almost like a milk cleanser with the slightest bit of grit but it's soft. It isn't good for makeup removal but I wouldn't want an aha near my eyes anyway. I really like this because it is also evening out my skin tone. It doesn't feel stripped after I cleanse either. My skin feels super soft and ready for my serum and moisturizer.

I have the deluxe sample but before I run out I am ordering this because it will be wonderful for the warmer months. On top of that it has made my pores smaller, my blackheads are gone, my skin is clear, and really smooth. I am very happy with this product from Murad it's the first one where I want to go full size because I am seeing real results. Great cleanser! Totally Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Great, great exfoliator. I have a combination skin with an odd t-zone and hyperpigmentation that is my biggest concern.
I use this product every morning as my morning cleanser. And I love it! it cleans, leaves my skin glowing and reduces dark spots (well I also use other stuff for my dark patches so i assume it's the combination of all).
As others say, leave the product some minutes before rinsing, it will let the acids do their job.
An expensive product but that big tube will last forever ( 6 months with daily usage). Skin is happier with this stuff! Smoother, breakout-free.
A keeper, truly recommended.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by electriklady

Contains a powerhouse of active ingredients - eg salicylic acid, lactic acid and much more. Made my acne prone and very congested skin feel significantly smoother and less congested after just one use! Since using this 2-3 times a week for two months, (using Dr Bronner's castile soap the rest of the time), the texture of my skin has become soft and smooth and cystic acne has virtually stopped. It has also helped to lesson dark marks and discolouration from previous acne. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

This product was recommended to me as an anti-acne product due to the AHA/BHA ingredients. I ordered it online, and when I received the bottle, I was a bit alarmed. The bottle has verbiage to the effect of it being an "anti-aging" product. Typically, anti-aging product ingredients are not strong enough to keep my acne at bay, and sometimes, the products are too oily/moisturizing causing it to become worse. This product has the jojoba microbeads in it, but my skin hardly notices them, for better or worse. I prefer more scrubbing action, personally. Thankfully, my acne is "usually" under control, otherwise I firmly believe that this product would have made the situation worse. This is not a product for someone with very oily skin, looking to fend off acne and oil. The so-called microscrubbing beads do not scrub me, and the AHA/BHA ingredients aren't strong enough it seems to render any positive effect on the acne I do have. I fair better with the under $10 AcneFree cleanser from Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Layalina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have aging skin and occasionally also have acne and white bumps. This product has been great for my skin. My acne is controlled and my complexion is brighter. I have experienced no tightness, which I usually do after AHA products. I use it five times a week and always at night after I cleansed off my make-up. Because of the AHA/BHA, definitely use a high spf the next day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I use this about 2x a week. It's a great scrub and I notice a difference every time. My face is noticeably smoother and softer. I absolutely love this scrub. You need very little each time so a tube lasts a long time. It's a great investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sparkleplenti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I bought this because it was the only of the two cleansers in this age reform line available at the store, but soon realized it is not for daily use with my sensitive skin... it is perfect for 1-3 times a week. It gently polishes iany dead skin cell buildup and is fabulous in conjunction with daily use of the Refreshing cleanser I have another review on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this. It reminds me of the Lovely Skin cleanser but with little beads. The cleanser itself has exfoliating properties, but there aren't a ton of beads in it, so the scrubbing action is gentle. I use it once a week with my Clarisonic and it gives me very clear, clean skin.