Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

4.2

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Jojoba Esters, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Polyquaternium-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 2/18/2015 6:08:00 AM

Mediocre and not worth the pricetag. I used a whole tube and I agree with the previous reviewer, it's just a cleanser with some scrubby bits in it. As a cleanser it does an okay job and as a scrub, it's pretty weak.
No changes or improvement in my skin from using this product. No added brightness or clarity or smoothness. Very disappointing because I had high hopes for this.
Not horrible but it's nothing special either. For reference I have skin that is combo-oily and clog prone. My favorite cleanser is PTR's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel and my favorite scrub is Origins' Modern Friction.
Wouldn't buy this again.

on 2/15/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought a sample size of this cleanser. I have to say it was worth every penny. I have seen stubborn dark spots on my cheeks get lighter over the past month and my skin has been so much (less breakouts and much smoother). The full size is super pricey but I think I'm hooked and will certain repurchase.

on 2/10/2015 4:20:00 PM

I don't usually have sensitive skin, nor have I ever had an allergic reaction in my life! I tried a little of this cleanser in the shower, It initially freaked me out when it smelled like a bottle of perfume, but I trusted it because it said dermatologist tested. Holy buckets I have the worst case of HIVES ever from this product!! Stay away from it. My face is red and covered in hives from this garbage!!

on 12/21/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is just a cleanser with scrubby beads in it. It's also very drying and leaves my face feeling very tight. The AHA/BHA is useless, as it isn't on the skin long enough or at a high enough level to do any exfoliating. Clean and Clear at Walmart does a similar job for less than $5.

Excellent cleanser!! I use 2-3 times a week and have noticed a difference in my skin when using consistently. My skin looks brighter and smoother, more polished. I find this cleanser effective but very gentle, unlike some other exfoliators which I find a little harsh. A little pricey but a little goes a long way so well worth the price.

on 9/10/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was very wary of dropping about $40 on a scrub, but you really get what you pay for. This works like a charm at keeping breakouts at bay! It hasn't done much for blackheads on my nose but I'm clear everywhere else! Be sure not to use this everyday because over exfoliating is almost if not worse than not exfoliating at all. I use it every other night!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 4 weeks now, and I LOVE it. At first, it made me break out realllllllllly bad, but it seemed like more of a purging break out than a bad reaction. I kept using it, and by the second week my skin was SO clear/glowy. Worth the price!

on 6/17/2014 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in love with this scrub. I have very, very dry skin which produces excess oil when dried out, which of course mixes with the flakiness to clog each and every pore. Exfoliation that's gentle but effective is my HG... I love me some scrubs, and AHA especially. I used to use Peter Thomas Roth's Botanical Buffing Beads (the big blue bottle)--which I adored, but it had become difficult to find in stores. I was recommended Murad AHA/BHA at Sephora. Now - my skin glows more than it ever has (even more than when I was exfoliating with the excellent but prohibitively expensive Dennis Gross AHA/BHA peel pads); my moisturizer absorbs instantly, and my BB cream glides on effortlessly. Since I purchased it two months ago, I've become blackhead-free, which is AMAZING for me. I use it every day, sometimes 2x, after cleansing with jojoba and argan oil, gently massaging my skin for about a minute or two. It has never failed to buff away LAYERS of dead skin--every time--which would've otherwise become blackheads. And it has not dried me out at all. It's gentle, but a powerhouse. Total HG.

on 5/5/2014 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this cleanser for about 4 months and I do like this product as a nightly cleanser. It has great anti-ageing components such as the AHA/BHA but if you are looking to use this as a twice weekly scrub, pass on this one. My skin is more on the dry side and don't feel like this product exfoliates as well as the Demalogica Age-Smart Thermofoliant or the La Roche Possay Physiological Scrub. But as an overall cleanser, this is a good one but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

on 4/22/2014 12:53:00 AM

I really liked the deluxe sample I got to try and went out to buy a full size before I ran out. Using this product 2-3x a week has exfoliated my skin thoroughly and my hormonal acne has reduced down to only one blemish every month or so. It is important that people understand it is NOT meant for everyday usage. I switch it out with a gentle cleanser about every other day. It has plenty of chemical exfoliaters such as glycolic, alphahydroxy and salicylic for oily and combination skin. The anti-aging benefit is that is allows your top most layer of dead skin to be sloughed off and your skin to rush to rebuild with healthier skin. This can reduce dark spot hyper pigmentation and is perfect for dry skin users because of the less abrasive exfoliation that occurs with the chemical components.
My skin feels smoother and looks brighter. I am trying a Vitamin C product to spot correct hyper pigmentation but feel this product is integral to my skincare routine. I loved gritty feeling exfoliates but this is hands down my favorite now.
I would not use it for my makeup removal. Instead I use an oil cleanser to gently dissolve all my eyemakeup and then use the AHA/BHA cleanser, avoiding my eyes.