September 2, 2014 | 2226 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - sunless tanning creme self adjusting color indicator in soft medium

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by oubrittany

Found this at the Dollar Tree. It wasn't even noticeable on my skin (I'm light-medium toned). I haven't been enthused enough to give it a second try. Just OK.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2005 6:44:00 PM More reviews by whitemaideowyn

I found this at a dollor store so it was a great bargain as I've wanted to try STs for a looong time. My first experience: not to bad, but not exactly up to my expactions either. At first, the smell was alright but now after a day or so, it's still lingering and it's starting to smell like rotten eggs to me. The color was alright. I'm typing with orange palms right now althogh I have no streaking what so ever. So okay product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Polina809

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price is great and it doesn't smell too bad, but the color it gives is a somewhat yellow-ish. It's also really light, which might be good for some people. I have found similarly priced tanners that create a more natural looking color.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2004 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jimcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this ST on my face only since it barely shows up on my body. It gives a wonderful natural golden glow that I haven't been able to achieve w/ other self tanners. After exfoliating I apply this two times during the day maybe 2-3 hours apart. Then I have to re-apply maybe every 2-3 days to keep the color I want. The smell is absolutely horrible! I love the way Clarins self tanners smell and so I thought that maybe this wouldn't smell so bad...boy was I wrong. It smells kind of sour and old. I have now gotten used to the smell and I think that you just have to deal with it. Anyway, since I only use this for the face and not the body this big 5,7 fl. oz. bottle will last for a long time! yay!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by SinCity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A very fresh, light smell even while processing. Lovely creamy, moisturizing consistency. I had no problem with streaking. Unfortunately the color is much too yellow on me and I will not repurchase as a result, but in every other respect this is my ideal ST.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2004 5:58:00 PM More reviews by xthevalkyriex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A decent self tanner, one of the best drugstore brands around. The color indicator isn't dark, so it won't streak (unlike tanners with dark bronzers). Takes a while to dry, but it smells like green apples going on. Of course, 2 hours later it has that nasty self-tanning smell, but most brands do. The color is nice, I put on 2 coats and wake up nicely tan. Good for pale skin, the color is nice but not too obvious. Didn't streak at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2004 10:05:00 AM More reviews by shrixer78

Ugh...this stuff is just gross and made my skin look incredibly flaky no matter what moisturizer I used with it. I will never stray from Bare Escentuals again! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by carlytrout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just applied this for the first time 1 hour ago. So far, so good. I fell in love with Savage Bronze mousse, but the problem was I couldn't get my butt to Sally's to get more. Also, I didn't care for the strong smell of Savage Bronze. I picked up the Banana Boat based on reviews here and on sunless.com. I am fairly light skinned- always burn on my face, can get a light tan on the rest of my body.
What I love about this Banana Boat tanner (so far) is the light, non-offensive smell (it's just a light, generic clean scent) and the rich creamy texture. I'm hoping it's as foolproof as Sav. Bronze, and I'm guessing it will be since the resulting color is supposed to be just medium. Also, the color indicator is very mild and non-obnoxious (in comparison w/the Sav. Bronze). It's almost so light that I can't tell where I put the creme.
I feel I can leave the house with Banana Boat ST on (I did not feel I could go out in public right after putting on Sav. Bronze ST) which makes it much better. Best of all I picked this up for less than $6 at Kmart!
Update: It's a great drugstore ST. The color is a bit yellow for my skin tone, but convincing enough to look like a real tan. I didn't get any streaks. I put 2 layers on - which got me to the desired stage of tan-ness.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2003 12:23:00 PM More reviews by BonnieL19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought that this sunless tanner would be a good replacement for Clarins Self Tanning Gel. Well.....I was wrong. This ST did give me beautiful color and it was easy to apply. It also gave me flaky "lizard" skin that was uneven and quite unsightly. Now, I am an experienced sunless tanner, but something in this blend didn't react well with me (especially in the neck area). My skin became extremely dry and painful. Since I haven't heard of many other people in a similar situation (except a few on sunless.com), I can only say that it didn't work for me. I is definitely worth a try for other people, though, as I do believe that it is one of the better drugstore tanners on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2003 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first mistake was to try this in the darker bronze, which was awful on my fair skin. Then I gave this a shot and the results were as good as it gets. Wish it lasted longer, but I'm so grateful that I don't look like a jaundiced orange after applying it. Ole!