November 22, 2014 | 983 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Shiseido - Skincare Eye Soother

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by kimmiehearts

This claims right on the front of the tube "anti puffiness/dark circles". Has absolutely no effect on my dark circles. Nothing. I can't say how it works on puffiness, since I don't experience that. I can say that products that do work on puffiness has a tightening effect and this does not. This product is being discontinued (I saw it on the Shiseido website under "Last Call") and with good reason. It essentially does nothing except make your eye area look really shiny. I give it two lippies because it is a nice consistancy and quality and never irritates my eyes or migrates into them, which is something I appreciate greatly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

If you are looking for an eye treatment that will "treat" your dark circles and tired undereyes, this really isn't the right product for you. This product to me, is like a quick "fix". Shiseido says... "Developed with Shiseido-exclusive Progressive Delivery System for enhanced penetration and efficient release of effective ingredients." Meaning, this stuff is meant to work quickly. It says to use it at night and in the morning - as well as throughout the day whenever your eye are feels stressed (even over makeup). So what this stuff is really, is a SOOTHER. Just like the product states. It doesn't state to be a wrinkle cream. I think the bad reviews for this product are based on people thinking that this is your average "wrinkle filling, moisturizing, look more awake, anti-puffiness" eye cream. This product is very light weight gel and absorbs very quickly. I notice that after using this, my eye area (temporarily) looks revitalized and brighter. Is my darkness gone? No, not really. But it does quench the thirst of my eye area & make the area look healthier. Now, is it worth $40.50 for a 1/2 oz? Not for me.. or anyone for that matter who is on a budget. If this was a drugstore product for $10 or so, I'd probably buy it. But for that price, I answered no to re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This does not do what it claims for dark circles. It has these little sheen brightner and is that it? Even Oil of Olay was even better than this and not to mention cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Lizzyroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a pricy product but worth it!! It does exactly what it claims: it de-puffs, soothes the eye area, and even helps with dark circles. I love =using this in the mornings before i apply my foundation and concealer. It helps with my puffy morning eyes and darkness from lack of sleep. It is a very light gel texture and a little goes a long way. You can use it anytime you eyes need something cooling and soothing. It feels very refreshing and absorbs quickly. I can see the difference after it had absorbed into my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used this for over half a year religiously - both AM and PM. At the moment I pat this on, especially in the morning, my eyes are less puffy and the dark circle seems to lighten a bit. But since it's a gel only, it's moistirizing effect is so-so for me coz I have rather dry undereye area.

I don't think this really can't reduce my dark circles and puffiness permanently. The effect is temporary though it helps more with puffiness. No irritation or stupid pimples around the eye area. I would say this stuff is good for its price (HKD290). I may still buy again as I think it's better to get sth that works for a temporal effect than sth that doesn't do much at all like the other Shiseido eye cream I tried. See my other review if interested.

I'm not a fan for the package as it's hard to squeeze the little bit out from the tube. I like the newer pump bottles more - those work like vacuum or sth without the straw.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Java

Got a couple of sample tubes. Took it out when I ran out of my usual eye cream (Origins Eye Doctor). Boy, what a mistake!

I don't have fine lines and wrinkles around my eyes; my concerns are dark circles and puffiness. This gel made dark circles and puffiness much much worse!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Extremely over-priced. It is just a basic moisturizer for eyes. I like it's light though, and gets completely absorbed, unlike some which can sit on your eyelids for hours. But it basically don't do anything. its just kinda blah. Too expensive to be true. I love shiseido, and I would say this is the first product which I find completely ineffective.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Just an average product.Usually shiseido products are great but with this one I didn t notice any difference on my eye area. Light texture, absorbs very quickly,no irritation,has caffiene in it,goes on smoothly.Shiseido also doesn't claim anything, for this product, about wrinkles so not a bad eye cream, but not great either.I like much more fast response eye cream by mac.Those 2 products have very similar formulas but for me fast response is a much more effective product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by loveuntold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I don't really have a need for a heavy eye cream yet, so I have no problems using just this. I am very fair and I have bad dark circles under my eyes. I pat this on every morning, and it helps them so much! I even use it on my eyelids to help with the purplish color on them. It does have a nice soothing effect as well. I've had my tube for about 2 months, and it's nowhere near even halfway gone, so this product is worth the investment for me (and my dark circles, haha.)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by p2206irina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It doesn't do much for dark circles or puffiness, but it does moisturize a little; for the same money get givenchy - skin drink for eyes - it's a better moisturizer with the same effect on dark circles and puffiness (that is almost no effect - lol )