October 1, 2014 | 1862 users online

Toners - Kanebo - Sensai Lotion II

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Strange - I seem to be one of the very very few who didn´t get along with this product. As it is quite expensive, I expected a definite winner, but when I apply it on my skin (no matter how - with a cotton pad, with bare hands, on damp skin, on dry skin...) I feel like it suffocates me! It forms a layer (even though I always applied it sparingly) through which my skin just can´t breathe properly. So I decided to finish the sample by treating the back of my hands with it after washing....ugh - the same thing! It even feels uncomfortable on my hands, like I put latexgloves on...I have no choice but to throw it away, no way I´m using this up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this product (among other products) when I purchased some Sensai eye cream. It's funny that this is the only one of the products that I liked- INCLUDING one that I actually paid for, lol.

Anyway, as mentioned, this toner is the only product that I actually liked. It was light, smelled good, softened my skin, didn't burn and didn't cause any breakouts or or dried my skin. However, I do not think that I will be purchasing this at all because I find their prices outrageous. On the other hand- since I'm sure of its effects I will give it a MAYBE in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bebeflamand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the lookout for great skincare products. My skin may, to some people, seem like it's in pretty good shape. But I do have a lot of redness and depending on the products I use it gets better or worse. Especially now in summer I'm extremely lost.
At my counter I received a very generous set of Kanebo products to try out. The only one out of this set I really liked was the step two Sensai silky purifying creamy soap. That stuff works wonders, highly recommended.
I had very high hopes for this toner. In fact I thought it was going to be the single product I'd like from this range. This toner though is way too heavy. I expect a toner to be refreshing and light. This however didn't seem to get absorbed by my skin and I could feel the layer of it laying on my face for a good two hours afterward. This was a huge letdown.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lotion and I am surprised that other reviewers mentioned there is lots of alcohol in it.Because I have very dry skin,and I felt this is really nice and moisturizing.So I am wondering if there is really alcohol inside???
It comes in hygienic glass bottle,and it comes out little by little so you dont have to be worry that you pour a lot on cotton.
It is soft nice smell,and nice to try,but I wouldnt buy again because for the lotion it is way too expensive.I am only using it at night,so it lasts quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 4:31:00 AM More reviews by miranets

I have only tried a sample, a friend passed on the two step luxury sample set and I got about half a dozen uses from it. I was considering buying both lotion and emulsion together full size, I only got the emulsion because I grew quite apprehensive because of the comments regarding alcohol and dryness.

I have oily but easily dehydrated skin, so I avoid alcohol products like the plague, my last affair with alcohol laden products was Clinique back in 2004, and since then I have never even put so much as a facial cotton on the skin. I don't use the lotion with facial cotton but I press into the skin (SK II style!) while it is damp after a toner spritz. The Lotion is not a serum/moisturiser in the Western sense, it is the Asian equivalent of a toner, but the texture is like heavy slippery water. I think it serves as a balancing, softening and penetration enhancing step, while providing moderate hydration.

I have used this both straight and after airing to allow the alchol to evaporate, no significant sensations can be detected. I do find it a bit sticky if I use against dry skin.

In winter I will probably consider Lotion III, and Lotion II for spring/autumn and occassional in summer. This does not cause any congestion or acne for me, nor does it aggravate redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This alcohol based lotion SERIOUSLY stings my dry sensitive skin...i've tried to handle it several times seeing as I bought it but stings every time!

It sort of goes with the SKII type clarifying clear lotion japanese trend but I haven't found either brand really works that well to clarify my skin.Not a fan of the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am trying out several Kanebo products based on a recommendation from a fellow MUAer along with some Shisheido and Cle de Peau products as well. I am liking these Japanese lines.I did a swap on MUA for this Kanebo toner. It is too hard to get out of the bottle (the opening is too small, I think), but otherwise, I like the product. It feels good on my dry skin. I have never been a big devotee or regular user of toners, period.....a lot of research indicates they are an extra, unnecessary step. It's impossible tor know whether or not this particular toner/lotion actually does any more or less than many other mild toners I have tried, but it does leave my skin smooth and soft and not tingly or tight (as some toners can). According to Kanebo literature, (and as a lot of other toners also claim) this product preps the skin to more effectively absorb ingredients in treatments used thereafter. So, as toners/softeners go, I think this one is very good (albeit expensive at $70 retail).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 2:50:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of the whole 5-step range of products, but I wasn't very much impressed with almost all of the products. This lotion, too, is a bit heavy in alcohol and I think alcohol dehydrates skin. The bonus, though, is that with regular use I noticed my breakouts (I used to have one or two breakouts regularly, especially on my chin) almost disappeared and my skin felt plumper. The price is a bit exaggerated.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MarieClaire9

This product was a recommendation at the counter and i use it for 3 months now. i have combination skin, but in winter my skin is very dry. i was looking for a serum to layer with my cream. this lotion is amazing, pure moisture, less fine wrinkles, no breakouts - normally i am sensitive to breakouts -. i love it. My husband is also using the lotion and nothing else. highly recommendet. Big bottle, so its cheaper than 1 oz. products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2004 10:05:00 AM More reviews by infogirl

This is the first part of Kanebo's moisturizing regimen. I love this lotion- I use it daily and it makes my skin look glowy and feel so soft. I have super sensitive skin that is combo- it is also breakout prone. I find that this has not irritated my skin despite the high alcohol content (one neg. of line- lots of alcohol in products but the combo of ingredients somehow nullifies any negative effects) and makes my other skincare products just melt in my skin. Beautiful scent and is fromthe antiaging line Sensai which has antioxidants and humectants for aging skine (YIKES! I am aging:) lol) Anyways- I find this line fab and cannot imagine myself or my skin before finding this! Thanks Sassy and Thinker!:)