August 22, 2014 | 1663 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I love toners. I know some people find toners to be unnecessary, but I notice a big difference in my skin when I use a good toner. I have combination skin and I get hormonal acne on my chin and cheeks; I tend to get large, cystic-type blemishes that take forever to clear up. I decided to try this because my skin responds well to tea tree oil and because I found the price (I think $22) to be pretty fair for a higher-end skincare product.

I should note that I don't spray this on and you shouldn't either! Spraying on a toner is basically pointless. You need to actually rub the toner into your skin so that it removes leftover cleanser, dirt, oils, etc. and can actually do its work on your face. If you spray a toner onto your skin, it's just sitting on top of leftover crap on your skin and not actually doing anything. Spray-on toners seem super convenient and are really trendy right now, but please use the toner on a cotton round! I'm sure you'll notice it making a much bigger difference if you do.

This product did really help my skin. I wouldn't say this is a life-changing product or anything, but I was happy with it. I find it's so hard to find toners that don't dry out or sting or burn my skin (which isn't even particularly sensitive). This toner feels really nice when applied -- it feels refreshing, but it doesn't burn or tingle or anything. Even on a popped or irritated pimple (gross I know, sorry!) it doesn't sting, which is great.

I do also want to mention that this smells really nice -- It does smell like tea tree oil, but the scent is super light and I don't find that it lingers on the skin after you use it. I personally love the smell of tea tree oil but I know that a lot of people dislike the smell. Even if you're not crazy about the scent of tea tree oil, I think that this is pretty inoffensive and that you won't be gagging while using it or anything.

I use this one or two times a day and a bottle lasted me several months, so I think the price is right on this. I definitely recommend it to anyone with acne-prone skin. This wasn't drying at all, and when I consistently used this I did notice an improvement in my skin -- I was breaking out less and I think this helped blemishes heal quicker. Of course you're still going to need to use a good cleanser, spot treatment, moisturizer, etc. in combination with this, but I think this addition into my skincare routine made a big difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this awhile ago, and I gave it an honest shot, I used the whole bottle.

Did. Nothing.
Seriously, it made absolutely no difference to my skinds condition or texture.
Maybe for someone else itll be perfect, but, it really was just too waterty and left no impact.

Not rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I absolutely love that it is a spray dispenser! Tea tree is perfection for acne prone skin and although I don't break out like I used to in middle school and high school, this works for hormonal acne as well. Proactiv's toner was something I dreaded applying. I didn't like having to use a cotton for my face and dispensing the witch hazel toner. I don't know, this stuff smells and feels like it works. The smallest bottle is fairly cheap at $9.95 but it lasts a long time! Definitely recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I really like this stuff. It is definitely my new favourite toner. I have acne prone skin and I am 21 (almost 22) and almost nothing works except for medication, but this product is definitely keeping acne at bay. It smells wonderful. My only issue is the packaging (sort of) - it's a spray bottle and I find it hard to spray the bottle perfectly on my face. So it's more useful to spray the product onto a cotton pad. Would highly recommend for acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Isha02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! As soon as I started using it, I noticed a massive difference in my acne and now if I don't use it I break out like crazy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

love this stuff! I use it with my favorite eucalyptus scented noxema cleanser. The ttw leaves my normal/oily skin shine free and fresh. I like the fact that there's also grapefruit and juniper extracts also in it. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Natitashii

I bought this as i like the smell of tea tree, i'm not really a toner person as they all seem to dry out my skin and make it really itchy and tight. Have been using this a couple of days and it makes my skin feel refreshed. I would like to try and make this when i purchase the toner tabs. Overall really happy with this product. I don't have oily skin its pretty dry but this works great on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I don't swear by toner, but it's a step I enjoy having in my routine. I got hooked on spray toners about a year ago when I realized that cotton pads can sometimes irritate my face. For a long time, I was just decanting some Thayers witch hazel toner into a small spray bottle from Aura Cacia and it worked just fine. I was interested in something with a bit more "bite" to it, though, so I picked Tea Tree Water up mostly on a whim.

I mostly use this at night, after cleansing and before treatments. (I have used it occasionally in the middle of the day to refresh my skin; very helpful with the hot, nasty summers we get in central CA.) The SA told me that some people use it as a makeup setting spray. I've never tried it for that as I don't use setting sprays, but I don't see why you couldn't.

I spray it about 4-5 times over my whole face and let it sink in on its own. It dries fairly quickly. The scent is herbal and slightly medicinal, but not too strong and it doesn't linger. It feels very cooling and soothing to my skin; not a hint of burning or tingling.

I do find that my skin gets less oily with this and I swear the blackheads on my nose have decreased. It's no mind-blowing miracle worker, but it does seem to help things along when my skin gets especially greasy or zit-prone. I think using it regularly has helped my skin balance itself out a bit more. It's a nice, refreshing addition to my routine and I'll continue to use and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely adore Tea Tree Water! This is one of those products that I go back and buy again and again because it works so well on my skin.
Tea Tree Water keeps my skin clear - it has only a few blemishes occassionally, but this product has made it so much better. It is ideal for those with oily skin to stop it getting too greasy as it would with some toners, and to keep bacteria at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since using the Tea Tree Water toner from Lush I've seen a pretty significant reduction in my overall breakouts. I actually haven't broken out a single time since using it.

I use it at least twice to three times a day, once in the morning to wake myself up and once before putting on my moisturizer at night. It's very mild and feels easy on your skin. Celestial moisturizer adores this toner, my skin has had such an easier time sucking up that moisturizer since I started toning before applying. I don't want to ruin anyone's opinion on the smell of this toner but I first didn't like it because I thought it smelled a whole lot like baby wipes, lol. I actually have learned to like it as it is clean and light and doesn't linger on your skin, hair or clothes.

I like to use this toner in two different ways, I'll either spray a cotton pad and rub it all over my face or I'll spray the toner directly onto my face and let it air-dry. I wouldn't say my skin changed right as soon as I first used this product but after a week or so I definitely saw that my skin had reduced redness and just looked more even and clear of spots overall. If you want to keep it in the fridge for a cooling summer spray you can do that.

It sure is pricey but the ingredients make it worth it! I would recommend buying the smaller size first because even if it tends to not look like a lot alongside the bigger bottle it is a satisfying and fine amount. I like the bottle, it's cute like all Lush packaging is and sanitary and a proper size for your purse. I have no gripes about the spray bottle either which gives you a consistent spray of product every time. Rare in spray bottles.

I will repurchase! I might want to try one of their other two toners next time, but I could easily see myself going back for this one here. It's good as a buddy to your moisturizer or just a nice little refresher.