October 24, 2014 | 1525 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - Amethyst

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Lisa1212

Love this color, have been using it for years. I find it to be very natural looking. It adds just enough polish for work without being too "overdone".

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Found this lovely blue based mauve that is not to dark and not to light and not too berry! It stays on and looks great with blue eyes. Some mauves can make you look deathly but not this one. am buying another one to keep on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amethyst is one of my HG lip colors, oddly -- though it doesn't look as if it would be one! It's a strange shade of mauve -- it's metallic and has pink in it -- but somehow it brightens my entire complexion. I discovered it randomly a few months ago, and my tube is almost out! It's definitely one of my most reached for lipsticks, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that LM does not discontinue it anytime soon. (For reference, NW5-10, NARS Siberia). Love this -- I will buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by willowpost

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a mauve/purple lip sheer to replace my BB Mauve palette's LE lippie called "Dusty Mauve" and ended up at the Laura Mercier counter and bought Amethyst (neutral to cool medium mauve with silver reflection). No sparkles or grit.

Amethyst is a shimmer with major reflective quality but not gooey or glossy at all. On certain angles, it will look like a medium mauvy lipstick and if you have it in an angle where the reflection catches, it'll look much paler and silvery. Applied with a thin coat it has excellent coverage and great lasting power, and wear off to a nice stain.

Because of the mirrory/reflective quality of the shimmer, if you have a tendency to go over your true lip line (some gals do this) I would skip this lippie since it would make that overshooting totally show up.

I normally have a pref for paler nudes, and I have noticed that I seem to wear this blotted. So I guess I actually prefer the stained looked with this lippie.

Done this way... there is a little less shimmer to it by then and it gives your lips that perfect "I actually have pigment in my lips look". A MAJOR bonus if you have pale lips or lack some definition to your lip line like I do. Think of it like a perfect bitten lip colour. :)

It's winter now, and the mauve/purple stain looks great aginst my paler skin, but I think it will also look sexy with a tan, some bronzer, and neutral eyeshadow shimmer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick is pinkier than one is led to believe by looking at it. There is a nice bit of silver shimmer, but under the shimmer is a lovely berry pink ylbb color. I don't even know if I would call it mauve. The best description I can think of is what the now sadly discontinued Bobbie Brown shimmer gloss "burnt sugar" would look like with silver shimmer instead of gold. Amethyst completely brightens my face and gives my lips a polished, made up look without looking OTT, even with the shimmer. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kisa228

I had to take one lippie off because I can't stand the smell or taste of this. I wish LM lipsticks tasted and smelled as good as her lip kisses. Anyway this is a complex color in that it is mauvy-dark pinkish color. I got this along with violet glace and when I pair them together....VERY NICE!!! I will not buy this again due to the smell and taste though. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Shavwi

Gorgeous mauve-y pink with slight shimmer. Love this color and will definitely repurchase although I do despise the perfumy smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Pinupstar

I adore this color! It's one of my fav. standby lipsticks of all time. Its a beautiful color with purple and brownish tints but even though it's "dark" it looks good on my fair skin...you can change the look quite a bit by playing with lipglosses over it as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2005 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Aseretmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very pretty mauve/purple color. I saw this on the salesperson and asked her what color she had on. She was wearing the amethyst with the violet glace over it. It looked so pretty I ended up buying both. Her coloring was brown/brown and mine is blonde/green, but I thought it looked great on both of us :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2004 11:01:00 AM More reviews by dkarnitsky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this color! It is kind of odd, a shimmery mauvey color but I think it is great - i am on my second tube! It is creamier than some of her other colors too!