September 18, 2014 | 1393 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Lipstick in Hot Kiss

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick "Hot Kiss" Shimmer.
I received this in a 2012 Estee Lauer gift set. Love the consistency- it's creamy and soft. Color is a surprisingly flattering brownish red. Reminds me of old Hollywood andf Katharine Hepburn. Classy style statement.

Cons- Lasts about 3 hours, Slight "lipstick" smell I don't like.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Electronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

The color makes me somehow look gothic, lol. I feel the color applies inconsistently, and has a synthetic taste and smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

I won this lipstick in a draw for an Estee Lauder basket at The Bay. I think it's the deepest shade of lipstick that I own and I thought it'd wash me out. It actually looks pretty good. It applies and wears very well. I can't see myself repurchasing this because I don't wear dark lipstick very often. It's definitely a quality lipstick and a surprisingly flattering shade. But I think I can find something just as nice for a bit cheaper (ie MAC).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

A friend of mine got this as part of a gift with purchase and, although it wasn't her color, she knew it would be a perfect color for me.

She was right! There's something reminiscent of MAC "O" about this lipstick. While I love it, I still prefer MAC "O" but it's certainly a very close dupe IMHO.

In digging around in my makeup for something to complement my new platinum hair color, I stumbled across this lipstick, which I had all but forgotten about. While the poster below indicates it goes well with her new dak hair color, it also goes well with my white/platinum hair. It really is a lovely shade and, although this tube was a gift, I certainly intend to purchase it when I've used this one up. Great for work or on the weekends, just really versatile. While not my HG go-to, it's certainly never a "wrong" choice as it goes with just about everything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

Received this with as a GWP last fall. I used it a few times, liked it but ignored it for the most part. I guess I was too excited with the stuff I purchased from E.L. at the time. I colored my hair a darker shade last night and decided I needed a richer lip color for work. This shade is very pretty and versatile. If you put it on in a traditional "lipstick" way it is rich and slightly bold. But if you blot it on and buff it a bit it turns into a lovely "just kissed" stain, hence the name "Hot Kiss." Perhaps that's what E.L. had in mind when naming this shade. I am wearing it today with a shot of mark shimmering shell gloss over the top. I will always love the quality of Estee Lauder but the prices are so high when there are so many other cosmetics that are comparable at much lower prices.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom uses this lipstick as one of her HGs, and it's extremely creamy and pigmented. Not really my color--I prefer nudes and lighter pinks, but it looks great on her and is one of the more moisturizing lipsticks I've swatched.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by EnglishAnne

I love this stuff! It came in a GWP that my mom had, and it was too light for her. It is the perfect lipstick, in my opinion. The color is so versatile - it goes with so many different colors. I'm running out, so it's time to buy a new one!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by salhon

HG!

I absolutely love this lipstick! It is moisturizing, and goes on semi-sheer (not thick or matte like some). It has a bit of shimmer, but not too much. I love this color! I walked all over the mall, and visited every make-up counter looking for a color like this. I call it a burgundy-brown, or a reddish-brown. It is almost a neutral reddish-brown, meaning I can wear it with cooler or warmer reds/browns.

I asked my husband to come look at the color, and he describes it as a pinky-cinnamon. No matter what color we call it, it is such a beautiful every-day color!

My lips feel so soft after using this. It might not last all day or after eating, but I find that it will typically last 3-4 hours. For such a beautiful color, that is enough for me!

For reference: I have very pale skin, reddish-brown hair, dark blueish-green eyes, and freckles. I highly recommend this color for people with skin like mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by lxb87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This may be my HG lipstick. I am on the second tube, as the first one I used down to a tiny nub. The color is simply gorgeous with my pale skin (slight redness to my cheeks). Best part is, even though it doesn't say it's long lasting, this stays put through much talking and lip-licking. A wonderful shade that I hope is available for many years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very sassy, frosted claret or burgundy color with black undertones. It can be sheered to a berry to applied full on as a deep wine. It's very softening and the taste is quite pleasant.