September 21, 2014 | 1009 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I liked how this powder is not cakey, natural looking and the colour is great. Doesn't stay on that long though and doesn't really make my skin feel silky smooth. Hence, one lippie off. The price is expensive for what it does, therefore, will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

(NB This review is for select sheer powder - Posted here in error and cannot delete. Sorry guys)
This is a really good powder. If you have oily skin, have bad acne scars or want a flawless finish, then this is your go to powder. I'm NC45 for ref.

I don't use this in my morning makeup routine because I think this provides too much coverage even if I'm using my tinted moisturizer. This is really good to touch up on afternoons when my foundation begins to break down. This helps to make my face appear less oily and fresh. It is a bit creamy for a powder and it clings to the skin instead of looking powdery.

I like how the shade matches nicely with my skin. It does not look white, red or yellow. I prefer a light hand with this as it may look cakey and settle into lines. When this powder is paired with the Studio Fix, I get an orange oxidized look at the end of the day. There is no such issue when I use this powder by itself and with other foundations,

This is the most coverage I've experienced with a powder. This is some heavy duty stuff. I even use this to blend out my eyeshadow sometimes. If you're not into the heavy coverage or have dry skin may be you should try another powder.

I prefer to go with sheer to medium coverage makeup but I like having this for variety, in case of an emergency, for formal occasions and pictures.

If you're a makeup fan like me, this is a must have. I really think this is a useful powder that would never go to waste and serves too many functions for me to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

I really love this powder. It's sheer and hold oil at bay. I'm not a huge pressed powder fan but this is one of the best pressed powders I've found.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently broke my Blot powder, which I liked for controlling oil, but didn't like the finish. So, I decided to try a different powder. I read a lot of reviews for different powders and decided to go with this one. I ordered it online and just chose the same color that I am in the Studio Fix powder..so I was taking a gamble. When I received it I was really impressed! The color matched perfectly, it was really silky, I loved the finish it gave, it controlled oil, and it didn't break me out. I never like to break makeup..but in this case I was fine with it, because I actually like this powder better than Blot. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by eraleni

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually wear BareMineral's Ready Touch up Veil in Transulcent as setting powder in the mornings after foundation or BB-cream application and then apply again 2 times a day for shine and oil control.

Now, I wanted to test something new and also with colour to match my Summer tan skin. Since I seldom use foundation or BB-cream during Summer time, I also wanted something with a sheer coverage.

In the Winter time I'm normally an NC20. For this powder I choose NC40. The saleswoman first suggested a quite dark NW (red based) colour. That one matched my tanned skin tone perfectly. However, with a reddish bronzing powder also applied it looked better with a slightly lighter NC (yellow based) colour. I also think it will last longer. I'm back at work now and in three weeks time I will turn grey again;)

The mattifying quality is about the same as the BM powder. Could be better and if it was only for this I would give the Sheer Select Pressed Powder only 4 points. But...

To my surprise it also helped minimizing my pores and it gave me the best sheer coverage and flawless finish ever! For that I give it 5 points!

No problem with spending 260 SEK on this excellent powder.

Plus for mirror and buff in the package. However, I use a brush for application in the mornings.

I will probably buy a lighter colour of this in the Autumn and skip foundation and BB-cream from now on. A primer and this powder on top will be enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Louiserm97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The lady at MAC recommended this for me because I purchased the Studio Fix plus and that is full coverage.

Pros- feels nice and smooth, keeps me matte for more than 4 hours

Cons- pricey, I want a more matte finish

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaaby

Ehhh. Disappointing and expensive. I have really oily skin. After using this in the beginning of the day my skin would be oily about 40 minutes later. Towards the end of the day when I reapply it, it doesn't blot oil away at all

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by megmaydux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PACKAGING
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder comes in a compact case. I have dropped it onto a tiled floor before (by accident) and the product remained intact. It is easily portable, so I keep one in my handbag.

APPLICATION
This product applies amazingly well! I use a large, soft, bamboo-bristled powder brush, which picks up the powder with ease. I use a pressing motion to apply the powder to my face, as not to pull or tear my skin. It leaves no lines, blending flawlessly with the foundation underneath.

WEAR
This powder has a matte finish, which works well with my oily T-zone. However, I find after a few hours I need to reapply powder to my nose, as it looks a little shiny. Other than that, it stays well over the course of my work day, without caking. It sets my make-up beautifully with my skin looks flawless upon application.

PROS
Compact packaging - great for portibility
Easy to apply - remember to use a large, soft-bristled brush
Matte finish - compliments normal/oily skin

CONS
Expensive - but worth every cent!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by amorstilosa99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to buy this product as Ive seen very gud reviews here in makeup alley. I went to Garden City and they had it for only $37 but when I was finally gunna buy it, I went to David Jones in the city it costed 44 bucks! Like wow. When I first tried it on, I gotta admit I was disappointed especially when my mum mentioned that my 11-dollar garnier bb cream was much better on me. I was planning to exchange it for the mac BB cream compact bc I also think that I look better when my face is dewy. I finally decided to keep it and put it on its on. I actually looks SO GOOOD with bronzer powder and highlighter! So it was DEFINITELY a mistake to have doubted this amazing product. I just wasnt used to the MATTE look. But now that I know how to put it on properly, im def gunna buy this again and again. WORTH THE 44 BUCKS :*

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I bought this after seeing someone at my work wearing it. She had perfect matte skin with literally no flaws. I was a little shy to ask her what she used because I had no idea who she was, but her skin looked literally perfect. So I asked her what foundation she used and she said it was by MAC and that she uses nothing else. For a second I thought she was going to say MSF but she said studio powder. The original studio powder looks caked on most people. So I was a little skeptical and she ended up showing me the compact. It was this one.

So I finally bought it and I hate the MSF but OMG. This is AMAZING. I love it!!! Perfect amount of coverage and it keeps your face matte. I don't like wearing liquid foundation & I hate a dewy finish. Because I get oily on my T-Zone, I have a hard time finding something that keeps that & my eyelids matte. This does the job! I like seeing how people use products so I'll just tell you my routine.

On a clean, prepped face :
I use studio fix concealer in NC20 under my eyes , nose bridge , forehead , chin and blemishes.
Then using my Too Faced Teddybear Kabuki I swirl it in the Select Sheer Powder in NC40 and apply that to my entire face.
Using the elf contouring brush, I apply Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer on my forehead, the hollows of my cheeks and my jawline. If I wanna have a glow, I swipe Nars highlighter to my cheekbones, nose bridge, forehead & chin then use a blush of any kind.
This is what I do and I always get compliments on how nice my skin looks!
Good Job MAC.