July 28, 2014 | 1705 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Louiserm97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The lady at MAC recommended this for me because I purchased the Studio Fix plus and that is full coverage.

Pros- feels nice and smooth, keeps me matte for more than 4 hours

Cons- pricey, I want a more matte finish

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaaby

Ehhh. Disappointing and expensive. I have really oily skin. After using this in the beginning of the day my skin would be oily about 40 minutes later. Towards the end of the day when I reapply it, it doesn't blot oil away at all

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by megmaydux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PACKAGING
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder comes in a compact case. I have dropped it onto a tiled floor before (by accident) and the product remained intact. It is easily portable, so I keep one in my handbag.

APPLICATION
This product applies amazingly well! I use a large, soft, bamboo-bristled powder brush, which picks up the powder with ease. I use a pressing motion to apply the powder to my face, as not to pull or tear my skin. It leaves no lines, blending flawlessly with the foundation underneath.

WEAR
This powder has a matte finish, which works well with my oily T-zone. However, I find after a few hours I need to reapply powder to my nose, as it looks a little shiny. Other than that, it stays well over the course of my work day, without caking. It sets my make-up beautifully with my skin looks flawless upon application.

PROS
Compact packaging - great for portibility
Easy to apply - remember to use a large, soft-bristled brush
Matte finish - compliments normal/oily skin

CONS
Expensive - but worth every cent!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by amorstilosa99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to buy this product as Ive seen very gud reviews here in makeup alley. I went to Garden City and they had it for only $37 but when I was finally gunna buy it, I went to David Jones in the city it costed 44 bucks! Like wow. When I first tried it on, I gotta admit I was disappointed especially when my mum mentioned that my 11-dollar garnier bb cream was much better on me. I was planning to exchange it for the mac BB cream compact bc I also think that I look better when my face is dewy. I finally decided to keep it and put it on its on. I actually looks SO GOOOD with bronzer powder and highlighter! So it was DEFINITELY a mistake to have doubted this amazing product. I just wasnt used to the MATTE look. But now that I know how to put it on properly, im def gunna buy this again and again. WORTH THE 44 BUCKS :*

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I bought this after seeing someone at my work wearing it. She had perfect matte skin with literally no flaws. I was a little shy to ask her what she used because I had no idea who she was, but her skin looked literally perfect. So I asked her what foundation she used and she said it was by MAC and that she uses nothing else. For a second I thought she was going to say MSF but she said studio powder. The original studio powder looks caked on most people. So I was a little skeptical and she ended up showing me the compact. It was this one.

So I finally bought it and I hate the MSF but OMG. This is AMAZING. I love it!!! Perfect amount of coverage and it keeps your face matte. I don't like wearing liquid foundation & I hate a dewy finish. Because I get oily on my T-Zone, I have a hard time finding something that keeps that & my eyelids matte. This does the job! I like seeing how people use products so I'll just tell you my routine.

On a clean, prepped face :
I use studio fix concealer in NC20 under my eyes , nose bridge , forehead , chin and blemishes.
Then using my Too Faced Teddybear Kabuki I swirl it in the Select Sheer Powder in NC40 and apply that to my entire face.
Using the elf contouring brush, I apply Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer on my forehead, the hollows of my cheeks and my jawline. If I wanna have a glow, I swipe Nars highlighter to my cheekbones, nose bridge, forehead & chin then use a blush of any kind.
This is what I do and I always get compliments on how nice my skin looks!
Good Job MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think I might have found my HG face powder. I got this when I ran out of my Bobbi Brown powder and realizing I didn't want to use that kind of powder again. So I went to MAC and I've been impressed with it. I've used two different kinds of foundations with it so far and the powder went well with both. So I believe this might be a winner. Time will tell. I've also found that if you need a colorless base for you eyeshadow, you can just sweep some of this over you lids and it will provide a nice base for your colors to show up more. That makes this an even better product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My skin gets super dry in winter, leaving me unable to wear most powders on my face. However, I like to set my "foundation" so this leaves me with a dilemma. Not anymore. I got this product at a CCO on a whim because I needed a new pressed powder and had never tried a MAC powder before. I am very pleased. I got the shade NC5, which I was worried would be too light but didn't appear so in the pan. It matches perfectly. I use it with a brush (not the powder poof it comes with) and it works fine. The powder is incredibly smooth and adds just a touch of extra coverage on top of my foundation. It hasn't broke me out and best of all doesn't dry out or extenuate the dryness on my skin! I will probably need to switch powders come the summer because I tend to get oily in my T zone but as a "dry" time powder, this stuff is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I picked this up at a CCO as a replacement for my Blot Powder that was on its way out. While I do still love the Blot Powder, this gives a bit more coverage throughout the day. I don't find that it breaks down badly (I've got a super oily t-zone and cheeks), and it keeps me shine-free for a reasonable amount of time. With the amount of oil that my stupid face produces, I don't expect miracles, lol. I love the packaging of MAC powders, and that's why I continue to splurge on them vs. something cheaper and just as good at the drugstore. That's silly of me, I know. But they just LOOK nice when you whip them out of your bag to touch up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by coleyCol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My shade: NC 15. I originally bought this while having a "MAC Attack" & expected it to sit unused in my makeup drawer as I really only Wear Makeup once or twice a month. But I had started wearing MAC BB Cream (Light Plus) a few months ago on workdays to even out a little redness & for the extra sunscreen. I decided to set the BB with this powder & was in love. I have pretty great skin 95% of the time & this combo made it look flawless. I love the sheer coverage I get applying this with a big fluffy powder brush. I get tons on compliments on my skin & I'm pretty sure no-one realizes I'm getting any help. Which is perfect when I'm not doing my eyes or blush. When I want to look like I'm Wearing Makeup, I've actually given up my MAC loose mineral foundation in favor of a heavier application of SSPP, usually with the complexion brush by Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by mrsyogantoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The top criteria when searching for good powder, for me, is its ability to reduce the shininess on my super oily skin. This MAC powder did a great job. I bought it in NC30 (while my skin is more on NC35) because by far I always pick the darker shade for foundation and it makes my skin look dull if I wear the 'true' shade of my skin for powder. Thus, I bought NC30 and it successfully makes my skin brighter. It also lasts all day, and I do not need to touch up, only blot my face once after having my lunch and re-apply my lipstick. Okay, this is MAC, and it supposed to do such great job, but one more point that stands out is because this powder minimizes my large pores! Unbelievable! It really does. This quickly becomes my HG powder, and will definitely repurchase. Maybe next time I'll just buy NC35 or NC37 and on the other hand I can find foundation that is slightly lighter than my skin color. Love this a lot!