July 30, 2014 | 2026 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have normal to slightly dry skin, and am NW15 in MAC. I bought this in Classic Ivory, which is a decent match shade-wise. Price is fairly high for a drugstore product; I paid around $13 at Ulta. The foundation itself comes in a round glass bottle with no pump. I just pour about a dime-sized amount onto the back of my hand and then stipple & buff in with a flat top synthetic brush. For my skin (normal-dry with no issues) this works beautifully. Flawless light coverage, "your skin but better" look, satin finish. I set with powder and find that it lasts through a workday just fine. If your skin is oily or you have issues you need/want to cover, this isn't for you. It works great for me, and I will continue to use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by befalcon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've given this a shot I swear but I've found too many problems. For a drugstore brand its pretty pricey (~$15) and doesn't have a pump. That wasn't my biggest concern with this product, it was what it did to my skin! All the times that I've used it it breaks me out. My skin is normal and not acne/blemish prone so it takes a lot to break my skin down and this did it! My skin would be clear but after using this, goodbye healthy skin! Today when I wore it, I used a primer underneath but I noticed when I tapped by lipstick off with a napkin, some of the foundation around my mouth had rubbed off on my napkin. I thought this foundation wouldn't move (especially with a high end primer and a high end setting powder) but one simple gentle tap landed it on my napkin! So do I recommend it for the price, no. It's too expensive and instead of giving you "healthy" skin, it gives you unhealthy skin!

The foundation looks beautiful on, don't get me wrong, but is it worth making your healthy skin unhealthy???

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

the reason why i gave this product a 3 star was because of its color range. they should think about us girls with s very yellow skin tone. the product itself was good, it smelled good, and looked flawless/natural looking on my skin... too bad it wasn't for me.. it made me look so pink!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Without doubt, one of the best products to come out of the drugstore. It's not perfect but it certainly a great foundation. This reminds me a lot of the Nars Sheer Glow which is one of my all time favorites. This liquid foundation comes in a glass jar, no pump (which is one thing I hate about it) but because it's pretty liquid it flows out of the jar.

I place a nickle size amount in the back of my hand and warm it up, dotting it all over my face and blending it out with a beauty blender. It stays put all day long, sets to a lovely dewy finish and is a perfect medium coverage.

It's a perfect everyday foundation, doesn't settle into my lines and once I set it with a bit of powder it controls my oily fairly well (I always have to blot my cheeks 5 hours in but only have to do it once).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by melissaet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was a lifesaver for me. LIFESAVER. I've been getting tons of acne the last few months as a result of going on birth control, so I've been using lots of acne treatments that dry out my skin, which is prone to dryness as it is. I was using Revlon Colorstay, which worked fine before my flaky lizard skin situation hit full force (although I still don't see why everyone raves about it... but that's another review) and the foundation would literally accentuate flakes and dry patches I couldn't even see before applying it!!! When I could no longer get a good finish out of it, even with my beautyblender, I threw it out, cried a little bit, watched a couple youtube videos on the best foundations for dry skin, and ran out to buy this one after hearing resounding praise for its coverage of dry skin. And I swear, this foundation is like finding water in a desert!!!!! It covers beautifully, doesn't accentuate dry patches, and stays on all day. Seriously, when I was at my driest I refused to put powder anywhere near my face, and this foundation STILL held up. Didn't pill up, oxidize, fade, rub off... Nothing. That said, this foundation won't give you full coverage, so if that's what you're expecting you will be disappointed. I honestly didn't even realize/care that the coverage was light to medium until I'd been admiring the finish in the mirror for a few minutes. It just made my overall face canvas look so radiant, I just didn't care that my acne was still showing through; it seemed better to do a lighter coverage foundation and apply concealer on top of it than to cake on a thick foundation that would just accentuate my dryness. Now I do have to say this was fairly expensive for a drugstore foundation - I got it for about $15 (!!!) at Rite Aid - but I've seen it for a little less at other stores so you probably just have to shop around a little bit rather than driving to the closest store through blinding tears like I did. And at any rate, I was considering caving and buying foundations that cost upwards of $40, so I feel like a responsible, money-saving adult having found this one first!!!! All in all, HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been using this foundation for the past month and so far I'm love. I don't have much to cover but, minimal scarring due to high pigmentation, so it gets the job done. I do love that this foundation leaves a nice dewy finish. I apply a translucent powder afterwards and it leaves a beautiful matte finish. The highlight about this particular product is the color match which is very difficult to find for my olive yet pale skin tone. I do wish this was a pump dispenser because I tend to pour much more than needed and who likes wasted product? Amirite! :P

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to venture over to the States to pick up Neutrogena foundations as they aren't available to us Canadians. Neutrogena skincare has always been a staple in my routines, how bad can their face products be?

I have oily acne prone skin. I have never used a foundation that made me feel so greasy. I got this in "natural beige", my summer tanned tone. Coverage is medium, natural looking, very blendable. Doesn't break me out. I did say it made me FEEL greasy, but when I look in the mirror it's not so bad, looks like I've found the balance for dewy skin. I cannot handle how gross my face feels after a day spent wearing this. Though, I am perfectly happy to wear this to run errands or for less than 5 hours. I also am not a fan of the packaging, a pump would be nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation wasn't bad, it just wasn't great - for me. I have normal/dry skin and I just like trying different foundations (foundation hoarder). This foundation did have good coverage but it feels very wet & heavy to me... it definitely leaves a dewy finish, which I discovered I don't like. I did set it with powder but after a bit it would be dewy again. I feel like the shade I got was too dark also, so if I ever did decided to try this out again I would get it in the shade Nude which I think would be better for my light olive skin tone. The color selection is not so great. Longevity was ok, it was still there but definitely not as fresh looking after 8 hours. I guess I will stick with my matte foundations for now. I did exchange this for Revlon ColorStay Normal/Dry formula which I like much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the search for the perfect foundation for some time now, unfortunately, this is not it, but it's close. The built in sunscreen is nice, it takes a step out of my beauty routine, and the foundation does the job. While this is not the best foundation ever, it's the best I've found so far, and a dermatologist's assistant said it was a good foundation pick. Definitely give this product a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by enidfloress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the neutrogena line and i've used 2 if their other foundations. i bought this for my graduation and figured the spf would do me good since it was going to take place outdoors. it covered my blemishes nicely and it didn't leave me oily even though it was hot out here in socal. however, i do not really recommend this for those who tend to get really oily. the color match was perfect and i loved that it is lightweight and buildable. i would definitely be purchasing this again! i do wish it came with a pump though, its really liquidy!