September 21, 2014 | 2080 users online

Lip Treatments - Carmex - EZ-ON APPLICATOR

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely love this product. Picked it up when I was in Taiwan, watsons was having a promotion of 1 for 1 which was so worth it. The smell & taste is just pleasant, not too strong. It lasts very long, great to use it as a before sleep lip balm & as a base before applying lipstick. Lips remains moisturized even product comes off. Works great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by fontainemullins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff works wonders!!! I have recently rediscovered matte lipsticks and stains, and was getting so annoyed at the hard, flaky bits of skin where my inner lip and outer lip meet. I found myself biting away the dry skin which I knew was making it worse. But after using this, it took about 3 hours for the skin to become soft and supple! It was seriously that fast! I put more on before bed, and voila! Perfectly soft lips! All of this whilst only using this product for less than 12 hours! I think I have a keeper! I am in love! Smells different and tastes weird but I don't care! My lipstick looks amazing!!!!! Will update if I find any cons, but so far so good! Awesome actually!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Carmex ever since I was a little girl, because it's what my parents used on me. It's cheap, effective, and lasting. On the coldest and windiest of days, I can always rely on this to keep my lips mosturized and healthy. Anytime my lips are seriously cracked and chapped, this heals them virtually overnight.

I also found this to be really great in temporarily healing and soothing eczema. I have really bad eczema on my arms, and one day they were really dry, ashy, and looked horrendous. I didn't have any lotion or cream on me, but I did have a tube of Carmex. I slathered some on so I wouldn't be embarassed of how dry and ashy my eczema patches looked. After a while, I noticed the itching stopped and the eczema cleared up and my arms looked normal again. I continued it until the eczema flare up was over. The Carmex lip balm healed better than the lotion version.

I love this product and have found many helpful uses for it. Unfortunately, it has a strong medicinal smell. But that fades and you'll get used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG lip balm. I almost always have dryness/flaky/peeling lips. The thought of using a gloss/stain/lipstick without this just gives me anxiety. First, I love the squeeze tube packaging. My mother always used Carmex in the small pot - which I hated because I didn't like the concept of using your fingers to put lip products on/germs/etc. This was dirt cheap, and I can find this almost anywhere! I was hesitant to buy at first because it didn't have as many bells and whistles as your average medicated lip treatment/medicated balm. This is so simple and feels tingly when applied. I love wearing this before bed and then putting it on underneath lip stains to sheer out the color and keep moisture in my lips. I use this almost everyday and haven't had an issue with my lips drying out - although I do alternate between this and the Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick. My lips feel so smooth, healthy and moisturized whenever I use this. The smell is slightly medicinal and the consistency is reminiscent of Vaseline - but this stuff is amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this lip balm several times, it is that good.

I liked to use 2 products on my lips in order to keep them hydrated, I also cycle them depending on my lips needs. (Carmex, Aquaphor Healing Ointment).

Carmex is such an amazing product, it's a medicated lip balm for cold sores (which is why I use to turn my nose up at the stuff) but that is not it's only use. It will turn your chapped, dry lips into soft kissable smackers. It also contains salicylic acid which belongs to the same drug family as aspirin which we all know kicks acne in the nuts (lol).

If you have tried so many different lip products and his is still the best. Give this lip balm a try, it's an oldy but a goody. It may lack all the bells and whistles but that's because this product doesn't need them, it's that good.

I have found this product everywhere from the gas station, to big chain stores, to your grocery store, and my favorite the dollar tree. You cannot ask for a better product for the price point as well (very cheap).

I've even rubbed this stuff into my clean hands if I don't have lotion with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually hate lip balm packaging that comes in tins so I'm glad that this product came in a squeeze tube. Aside from packaging, I absolutely adore this product.

I have tried so many lip balms (medicated & non-medicated ones) varying from the drugstore to high-end ones and this is the best that I have used. My lips are a pain to take care of especially if I want to put on lipstick because it gets super dry and cracked. Sometimes, it gets pretty bad to the point where my lips are peeling and bleeding (sorry for the mental image). This is the only product where it helps calm down and get rid of all the dead skin.

A little note: this is NOT an everyday lip balm. Since it is medicated and I know some people have problems with the ingredients, use it only when your lips are really cracked and dry. But other than that, it's my HG lip balm so far plus it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've stayed away from Carmex because I don't care for the medicinal smell, I even passed on their 75% off marked down (new) body cream because of this. This works wonders, really got rid of my chapped lips overnight. I have this problem: if I sleep without lip balm on, I wake up with chapped lips! Maybe I mouth breathe in my sleep? Ick. Anyway, even one night going without lip balm, I'm doomed. My lips are fine bare during the day, which they usually are, I don't like the feeling of product on my lips. I love the little tube and applicator, also hate touching the actual lip product in those little pots. Formula is a little greasy, but very moisturizing and healing. Love the little tingle it gives, too. It works so well, I've come to tolerate the smell. I'm addicted! It's often on sale for just $1, can't argue with that price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by MikaMouse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just say that I have gone through about 10 tubes of this thing (no exaggeration), and it never fails to impress me with how well it works. It definitely is my go-to chapstick, especially in winter when my lips get really dry. I have sort of a chapstick addiction, and I love trying new lip products, so I am always on the hunt for new finds. No matter how much I love the most current new chapstick that I have, I always make sure I have a tube of this lying around somewhere. It seriously is the best chapstick ever. I usually put it on at night, and when I wake up, just exfoliate to get rid of the dead skin on my lips. End result: smooth, kissable lips. I love lip stains and lip crayons, so this helps prevent that patchy look.

This chapstick does make your lips tingle a bit if they're very chapped, but I just take it as a sign that its working. Lol. It smells minty, but it doesn't really bother me. The consistency is pretty thick, almost like Vaseline. Packaging wise, it's nothing really special, but it's easy to use and is very convenient. There is a good amount of product inside. I think the packaging changed a bit, because the one I currently have is different. It's still the same yellow tube with the red cap, just with a different design printed on. Pretty sure it's the same inside.

It's really cheap, so you have nothing to lose if you buy it. If you end up not liking it, you can just give it to me! I'd gladly take it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always strayed away from Carmex I thought it was just cheap and average. I always used high end lip balms. Today I was just cleaning my room and I saw my sister's Carmex and I have been on the lookout for a new lip balm so I decided to try it out figuring it would be terrible but I'm a huge fan of it! It keeps my lips super moisturized all day! I have super dry lips and now my lips are never dry because of Carmex and it's super affordable! I apply alittle bit of Carmex before I apply my lipstick everyday :) LOVE LOVE IT HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by amaranth7704

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Carmex is one of my favorites! The pros are that they are really cheap. It only costs me around $1.50 while Chapstick costs me $3. When I put it on, it is super creamy and smooth and I really like the applicator too. It's like a squeezy thing where the balm comes from a little hole on the top. And after I put it on, it has a little tingling feeling. I like it, but some people don't. It also lasts a long time on your lips. I also like the smell of it. It smells medicated, but I like it. However, I don't like how they package it. I just don't like how it looks, but he overall product is fantastic!