August 27, 2014 | 1605 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Shiseido - Pureness Oil Blotting Papers

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ElaDani

I've been looking for better blotting papers, but haven't yet found them. I have a combination skin with oily to very oily T-zone, and I don't like to reapply powder without blotting away shine first, otherwise it builds up on my skin and increases the odds of spots. The way it works best for me is to press it - instead of scrubbing it - on the skin and gently slide (otherwise it will rip - that's the only con of this product) two or three fingers held together over the tissue. Two or three times are enough for each part of the blotting paper. I always carry them in my bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by winterl0ve

Received a sample of this. Didn't think it was anything special except that the size of the paper was beneficial as it was a lot bigger than most blotting papers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by marikiya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They are the best. I tried many others and always returned to the Shiseido's. They are bigger than most, sometimes I only use a half. The effect lasts longer because of the light powder coating. You have a hundred for 19$ (canadian price!) versus 50 Clean&Clear sheets that are around 7$ (and I finish those more quickly because the effect is not as longlasting). So, a bit more exensive but WAY worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by THEqu33nb

While reading the negative reviews, I dont understand why anyone would touch an "OIL" blotting sheet with water?!! Really idiotic. cause when I determine the quality of an oil blotting sheet, i test this on the oily area on my face..anyway... as for this product, this is by far my FAVORITE oil blotting sheet!! this DOES not give me no powdery residue like the rest; Palladio. it has no shimmer like; Bosica, Zon. and it keeps me matte for a LONG TIME!!! unlike the rest I listed above.
I have very oily skin. mostly depending on the foundation i wear. I had this for about 4 years, it was kept in my old school bag and I had forgotten about it, I took it out, used it and remembered how good it worked!! it still got the job done after 4 years.
One sheet blotted my entire face, unlike the ones listed above. I like the color of the sheets too. powder blue. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mandyliu15

This is totally waste of money, because if you touch the paper with water it will turn clear. In order to determine a good blotting paper the paper should not turn clear when you touch it with water. A good blotting only turns to clear when you touch it with OIL.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by stls

These blotting papers do work.
They are large and the slight amount of powder left on the skin keeps shine at bay even longer.
Didn't notice any blue powder on my skin.
The baby blue case is convenient, pretty and soft to touch.
Since you get 100 tissues they are not horribly expensive.

The cons now:
Other blotting papers left my face more matte (MAC) but for a shorter amount of time.
You can't really see the oil left on the tissue.
They're very thin so they tend to tear easily.

I'll probably buy again though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG blotting papers. Keeps my makeup fresh looking throughout the day in the office. I preper to use the non-powdery side of the paper. That way you don't get any powder left on your face, but all oils are absorbed and you get a fresh matt look. I hate the fact that you cannot get the refils for the pouch though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These oil blotting papers feel like nothing at all but for the price i'll stick with the clean and clear oil blotting papers.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by missgeek

My aesthetician told me these were the best she's tried a few years ago and I've been using these ever since. In the summer, I have to use at least 2 per day and in winter, once per day. I'm loving it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG status.

Yes they are expensive. But they are bigger than the other blotting sheets I'd been using so I use fewer. I typically use 2-3 per use to get my entire face, but I am quite oily.

They do a good job mattifying and getting rid of oil without disturbing my makeup or turning my face red.

Wish they had some sort of carrying case as the package does tend to get beat up in my makeup bag.